What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Gordie

Juniors
Someone made a point of comparing it to Brazil and the players that come from there in particularly from the poor, incredibly high crime rate ridden favelas. Great comparison.
Yeah, I’d agree with all of that and even though it’s not a nice situation for the kids of PNG to be in it’s still a cold hard reality and nothing motivates people more than poverty and a chance to escape it.

Gherkin

Juniors
Bring on the PNG team. There’s so much untapped raw rugby league talent there. Even if we can harness 0.0001% of the 10million known population that’s 1,000 potential players to stream into the NRL and NRLW competitions. If only 20-50 of that 1,000 potential players are talented enough to make regular first grade then that’s a win.

That pool will only increase with the right pathways, infrastructure and systems in place. Persistence is the key.

If I were the NRL I would ask and pay to have some of the best talent identifiers from club land spend a few weeks in the coming off seasons in assisting the PNG franchise work out how best to set up shop.
They've already had Joey Grima over there working with them for a year or so on this