What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

mongoose

Coach
You don't understand "paid experts" have looked into it.

It's all for show, Albo is no more a RL fan than ScoMo pretended to be, or Howard used to be with Cricket.
I think Albo is a genuine Rabbitohs tragic... ScoMo was just a fake merkin. Turnbull too.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Yes, Always yes, better to try try again, then to Karen, bitch and whinge and never try to do anything at no cost at all, if arko never tried the 4 team expansion in 95, we wouldn't have both warriors and cowboys, plus knowing now how to expand wisely
This is the point right? It's 100% funded for 10 years. Why not at least try and make it work. We haven't even seen the proposal yet. So in 10 years it might be ok (might not too), but at worst, the team drops back to QCup and the structures remain.

final say

Juniors
I've been against the idea of a PNG side since the start but I'm starting to come around to the idea of the government pumping money into the NRL.. Once they start and kinda works politically... they'll be throwing cash at us forever..
Example:
PNG gets 60 million a year, you lobby government and say its not enough! So the opposition says " if we were in power, we'd be investing more in PNG " then they match it.. ect...

The gravey train can get bigger! Much BIGGER! we can set up an office at HQ dedicated solely to lobby government for funding...
That's how it goes most of the time.

Wb1234

Referee
This is the point right? It's 100% funded for 10 years. Why not at least try and make it work. We haven't even seen the proposal yet. So in 10 years it might be ok (might not too), but at worst, the team drops back to QCup and the structures remain.
Raci
I've been against the idea of a PNG side since the start but I'm starting to come around to the idea of the government pumping money into the NRL.. Once they start and kinda works politically... they'll be throwing cash at us forever..
Example:
PNG gets 60 million a year, you lobby government and say its not enough! So the opposition says " if we were in power, we'd be investing more in PNG " then they match it.. ect...

The gravey train can get bigger! Much BIGGER! we can set up an office at HQ dedicated solely to lobby government for funding...
Took you long enough

Maximus

Coach
Example:

Geez your post about PNG sides generating $36m in gate takings and merchandise wasn't enough, you decide to double down with an even worse post.

Brian potter

Bench
Example:

You honestly think that Australian taxpayers funding a foreign professional RL team is such a good vote getter?

mongoose

Coach
Example:

i
Awesome Futurama GIF

Example:

What happens when AwFuL fans in the wasteland states kick up a stink about it?

The alternative will be to scrap the PNG project or invest more money on fumbleball in Australia. The last thing we want is AwFuL getting more money to grow the game in Brisbane and Sydney.

Wb1234

Referee
What happens when AwFuL fans in the wasteland states kick up a stink about it?

The alternative will be to scrap the PNG project or invest more money on fumbleball in Australia. The last thing we want is AwFuL getting more money to grow the game in Brisbane and Sydney.
Afl fans don’t even know where png is

they will think it’s part of Australia

Afl fans don’t even know where png is

they will think it’s part of Australia
If we add a team to PNG then AwFuL will probably double down on Darwin, with the Aus Gov funding it.

While it will.be great to grow our game in PNG, it would suck to see AwFuL claim Darwin. It would be a.huge blown for the Indigenous All-star game.

Wb1234

Referee
If we add a team to PNG then AwFuL will probably double down on Darwin, with the Aus Gov funding it.

While it will.be great to grow our game in PNG, it would suck to see AwFuL claim Darwin. It would be a.huge blown for the Indigenous All-star game.
17 million people vs 132k

international test matches vs nope

MugaB

Coach
And 10 years has been wasted at the expense of Perth, NZ2 and Adelaide or maybe even NZ3.
Get f**ked at the expense, you know, they are bringing in the likes of Perth and nz2 already, and zero has been done by Adelaide zero, you think the government's going to fork out for south Australia ffs, stay in your pommie lane soapdodger, you know sweet f**k all .... KAUFUSI!!!hey KAUFUSI.gif

Last edited: