What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Wb1234

Referee
Brian potter … png shouldn’t get a team because Port Moresby is one of the world dangerous cities

also Brian potter … living in secure compounds is perfectly safe

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Wery wery funny, must be where all these insane whatifs are coming from, what if Bennett is 77 when he coaches, or nrl players don't like resorts, this team isn't being put together for those players to whinge about accommodation, it's for the local papuan to aspire to, yes you'll see a few merc like stalwarts, the Bromwich, kaufusi etc that have decided to take the pay packet on their way towards retirement at the dolphins or the barrnetts and capewells at the warriors but those guys would hardly care
Take a breath ffs.

MugaB

Coach
Loads

cmon Brian I didn’t unblock you to get these weak responses

i expected better
Well too bad WB, Brian has shit for Brains, he ain't worth replying to serious, unless it's to give him a well deserved trolling, he has resorted to scare tactics and showing violence against women adverts, just to show us all how bad 3rd world Papua is, is there a Mount druitt video with taytaymay...
How many NFL clubs teams in USA, ffs there's more murders and violence there than anywhere in the world... well it's 1st world problems I guess

Last edited:

Maximus

Coach
Intuition

Not rocket science tbh

why would you think they can’t leave the resort ?

lol

So talking about png being dangerous as a reason not to give them a team is bs because

Guess what ?

…..

They will be living in a secure compound

lmao

now I know why you never took that bet

They can leave anytime they want. It is safe. Look random nobodies do it all the time.

It is incredibly dangerous, that's why they have to live in a secure compound.

Same poster.

Brian potter

Bench
Well too bad WB, Brian has shit for Brains, he ain't worth replying to serious, unless it's to give him a well deserved trolling, he has resorted to scare tactics and showing violence against women adverts, just to show us all how bad 3rd world Papua is, is there a Mount druitt video with taytaymay...
How many NFL clubs teams in USA, ffs there's more murders and violence there than anywhere in the world... well it's 1st world problems I guess
What you call “scare tactics“ happen to be recorded and documented facts and truths unfortunately for you.

Have you ever been to PNG or a Hunters game?

I went to a Wynnum Manly vs PNG game at Kougari Oval when the Hunters joined the Queensland Cup. Security from PNG needed to be flown in to keep the large Papuan contingent under control. It was a very rowdy atmosphere.

Mackay Cutters didn't want to travel to PNG after the riots in Port Moresby.

In 1994 there was a large mob of angry Papuans waiting for Cowboys officials at Port Moresby airport because it was reported that one of their star players who was playing in the Townsville competition was not up to scratch for the NSWRL/ARL.

DFAT advises Australians not to travel to PNG due to its high level of violence. It's the second most violent country in the world. The fact you belittle people for pointing out these facts is embarrassing. For your sake I hope you're just trolling. If you aren't then you're the potato you accuse others of being.

Do you think the RLPA isn't going to be asking the same questions that have been posed by people on here?

final say

Juniors
10k Aussies working in png

ssshhh
In guarded compounds mate, I know some. They don't leave ever and sometimes they can't ( lockdown) because of unrest, sometimes flights get missed because of it!
That's the reality.
Players won't be going for a f**king wonder around Port Moresby.

Wb1234

Referee
In guarded compounds mate, I know some. They don't leave ever and sometimes they can't ( lockdown) because of unrest, sometimes flights get missed because of it!
That's the reality.
Players won't be going for a f**king wonder around Port Moresby.
Wayne Bennett

build it and they will come
I’m not assuming anything when it comes to the PNG bid and/or club.
most of it is in the articles

the rest is common sense

players get annual leave each year they don’t have to stay in png for that

final say

Juniors
Living on a beach

yeh sucks to be them !

huge tax cuts whilst other fifo workers live in dumps in place like Perth or png

its a gated community like the ones they have in the best American cities

lobster for breakfast
So: give me a time frame and cost for this mecca where 50 players and coaches will be housed, their families ect..
We will need:
*Around 50 high quality houses
* gym's and training grounds
* offices
* leisure facilities, pools , playgrounds ect
* learning facilities for accompanying children

This would need to be built in a desirable location by the ocean and far enough out from the city for safety reasons.

After the purchase of the site and the build, including all the associated infrastructure like roads, internet, plumbing and electricity...

What do you actually think that takes?
500 million and 10 years?
I don't know but it's something to that effect.

I'm more convinced it won't happen, V'landys has cornered both governments into this reality.

Wb1234

Referee
So: give me a time frame and cost for this mecca where 50 players and coaches will be housed, their families ect..
We will need:
*Around 50 high quality houses
* gym's and training grounds
* offices
* leisure facilities, pools , playgrounds ect
* learning facilities for accompanying children

This would need to be built in a desirable location by the ocean and far enough out from the city for safety reasons.

After the purchase of the site and the build, including all the associated infrastructure like roads, internet, plumbing and electricity...

What do you actually think that takes?
500 million and 10 years?
I don't know but it's something to that effect.

I'm more convinced it won't happen, V'landys has cornered both governments into this reality.
Article already says Taj Mahal will cost 100 million

land in png is cheap mate

so is labour lol

will have to house players families too

Latest posts