What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

MugaB

Coach
Them asking for the annual payment seems to be what has killed the bid.

If the NRL is only getting $50m for the licence, but having to pay out $170m, then any financial benefits are gone. If the NRL goes to the govt and says actually we need a third of the total funding so we can bribe the clubs, the govt says no.
Hasn't killed the bid, the clubs were asking for a licence fee when the dolphins were bidding, but by the time they all united to push that case the arlc had already announced the Brisbane bid as the winner, now regardless of who gets the 18th the clubs want that fee from Perth or Png or whoever is wanting to bid.. its not a case of the govt paying it

The only reason numbnuts brings it up is he is worried the his local East Brisbane Logan tigers won't get a licence ahead of Perth, chch and PNG, so slinging shìt on png (even with the massive influx of fed funds) basically guarantees them a spot regardless of which of the 18th,19th or 20th they nominate them, also dumb enough to think they would give the east tigers a licence soon especially when the dolphins just got in
You were dumb enough to think two of the next three teams were going to be PNG Pride based in Cairns and Melbourne Bears!

You've never been to PNG. Nor have you been to a match featuring the Hunters.

I have been to a Hunters game. It was a scary experience. Security was flown in from PNG to keep the crowd under control. That was on Australian soil.

Under normal circumstances? Absolutely not!

I fear that 600M might be a big enough carrot to blind people to the realities of the challenges a png team creates.

We know clubs history and self interest, so if they stand to benefit 2M a year as has been reported then I do fear that a png club could come in.

If it does, I just hope it is not as team 18 as I believe other bids are more worthy and if they are to come later maybe people will sober up and realise it is not a good idea.
I cannot see Albo agreeing to give $230m to the NRL clubs. If he does then he's providing his opponents with ammunition to use against him at the next election.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hasn't killed the bid, the clubs were asking for a licence fee when the dolphins were bidding, but by the time they all united to push that case the arlc had already announced the Brisbane bid as the winner, now regardless of who gets the 18th the clubs want that fee from Perth or Png or whoever is wanting to bid.. its not a case of the govt paying it
They got $3mill a year last go round. Any grant increase should be tied to Tv increase, not just because the NRL wants to grow the comp.

MugaB

Coach
You were dumb enough to think two of the next three teams were going to be PNG Pride based in Cairns and Melbourne Bears!

You've never been to PNG. Nor have you been to a match featuring the Hunters.

I have been to a Hunters game. It was a scary experience. Security was flown in from PNG to keep the crowd under control. That was on Australian soil.
How do you know what I have or haven't seen or been to, seems like you are looking to troll for no reason other than being butthurt that your local Logan team won't get a licence

MugaB

Coach
They got $3mill a year last go round. Any grant increase should be tied to Tv increase, not just because the NRL wants to grow the comp.
Your talking about two different things, they are asking for a licence fee from any winning bid, not a grant increase

How do you know what I have or haven't seen or been to, seems like you are looking to troll for no reason other than being butthurt that your local Logan team won't get a licence
You don't know or care about anything outside of the NSWRL.

If you've ever been to PNG then you would know it's not in a position to support an NRL club. Nor will it be for several decades.

If you ever bothered to attend a Hunters game you would know that Papuan RL fans are much more passionate and emotional than Australian RL fans. One bad referring decision could incite a riot. A few years ago there was a violent brawl between trainers, players, officials and fans at a PNGRFL preliminary final.

A former Papuan RL player was assassinated by a Papuan politician outside a nightclub FFS.

Cowboys had to cancel a promotional tour in Port Moresby in 1994 because there was an angry mob waiting to attack them. They were angry because a news article was released saying a Papuan player contracted to the Cowboys and playing in the Townsville competition wasn't ready for A grade.

I'm sure you'll respond with insults and unintelligible crap. It's what you do when you don't have an argument.

MugaB

Coach
You don't know or care about anything outside of the NSWRL.

If you've ever been to PNG then you would know it's not in a position to support an NRL club. Nor will it be for several decades.

If you ever bothered to attend a Hunters game you would know that Papuan RL fans are much more passionate and emotional than Australian RL fans. One bad referring decision could incite a riot. A few years ago there was a violent brawl between trainers, players, officials and fans at a PNGRFL preliminary final.

A former Papuan RL player was assassinated by a Papuan politician outside a nightclub FFS.

Cowboys had to cancel a promotional tour in Port Moresby in 1994 because there was an angry mob waiting to attack them. They were angry because a news article was released saying a Papuan player contracted to the Cowboys and playing in the Townsville competition wasn't ready for A grade.

I'm sure you'll respond with insults and unintelligible crap. It's what you do when you don't have an argument.
Have you yourself been to Port moresby?
Forget all the semantics with your dribble about the cowboys promotional tour and crowds at hunters game bullshit, and news reports of assassinations to 'former' RL player, fmd there's murders in US all the time..

real issue is you're butthurt = east tigers don't get a licence coz they aren't in contention, expansion is about bringing in new areas, not just inflation of current ones, dolphins has solved the Brisbane debate for atleast another 10 years... maybe come back to the expansion forums then

Have you yourself been to Port moresby?
Forget all the semantics with your dribble about the cowboys promotional tour and crowds at hunters game bullshit, and news reports of assassinations to 'former' RL player, fmd there's murders in US all the time..

real issue is you're butthurt = east tigers don't get a licence coz they aren't in contention, expansion is about bringing in new areas, not just inflation of current ones, dolphins has solved the Brisbane debate for atleast another 10 years... maybe come back to the expansion forums then
Your grand vision for expansion is bringing back a dead Sydney club and shipping it to a city that doesn't want it.

I recall you getting very butthurt when anyone pointed out the poor finances of the Sydney clubs. You're a volatile sook and need psychotherapy.

MugaB

Coach
Your grand vision for expansion is bringing back a dead Sydney club and shipping it to a city that doesn't want it.

I recall you getting very butthurt when anyone pointed out the poor finances of the Sydney clubs. You're a volatile sook and need psychotherapy.
Butthurt Logan simp hasn't explained why he is so butthurt about PVL, perf and png enough, why no more Brisbane teams waaaahhhhhhh!!!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Your talking about two different things, they are asking for a licence fee from any winning bid, not a grant increase
Not really the significant grant increase was a sweetener to say yes to the Dolphins after they had all but said no. They've only asked for an upfront payment as they want a piece of the Govt largesse. They wont get a license fee from a Perth or NZ2 or Brisbane3 club. The clubs have already said a massive no to PNG so it will take some serious candy for Vlandys to get them to agree.

MugaB

Coach
Not really the significant grant increase was a sweetener to say yes to the Dolphins after they had all but said no. They've only asked for an upfront payment as they want a piece of the Govt largesse. They wont get a license fee from a Perth or NZ2 or Brisbane3 club. The clubs have already said a massive no to PNG so it will take some serious candy for Vlandys to get them to agree.
Garbage, whoever ends up 18th, 19th and 20th will need to front up cash for the licence to these other clubs, png have the govt to fall back on, these other bids will need to start saving up mula if they want in

Garbage, whoever ends up 18th, 19th and 20th will need to front up cash for the licence to these other clubs, png have the govt to fall back on, these other bids will need to start saving up mula if they want in
Albo's standing in the polls has fallen below Dutton. Coalition is ahead of Labor. People are worried about Labor's handling of the economy.

Opposition Leader Peter Dutton has taken a slim lead over Anthony Albanese as preferred prime minister, a new poll today shows.

Dutton is backed by 36 per cent of voters, compared with Albanese's 35 per cent, according to the Resolve Political Monitor survey for Nine newspapers.

Despite the narrow margin, it is the first time the opposition leader has been favoured since the survey started.

Labor's primary vote has also dropped to 28 per cent, with the Coalition steady at 36 per cent, the poll revealed.

Voters put the Coalition ahead of Labor on two key national issues, according to the survey.

It shows 40 per cent of voters now rank Dutton and the Coalition as best to manage the economy, with only 24 per cent favouring Albanese and Labor.

On national security and defence, 42 per cent back Dutton and the Coalition, while 23 per cent prefer Albanese and Labor.

I told you people would be against a federally funded NRL club for PNG.

Good luck getting Dutton to support a crazy NSW Labor proposal.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I havent seen that for anything other than in relation to PNG, where they wanted an upfront payment and a grant increase. Because they kept hearing the BS $600mill being thrown around.