What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poasa Faamausili to play Lock

BLM01

First Grade
Wasn’t saying you were negative mate I was only referring to the Lock position & our cupboard being so bare. Unless Magoulias gets magically parachuted in soon, whoever starts at 13 won’t be a natural Lock.
BM won’t be with us in 21

Maddragon99

Juniors
I’m not sure I’ll be ready fitness wise by season start unfortunately..

These COVID kilos just aren’t coming off as quickly as I thought they would. Should be good by ANZAC day though.
The only ‘surprise contender’ would be a late signing, the only recognised Lock in our squad is the much maligned Trent Merrin. Short memories from many on here. He’s the only remaining player from 2010. That alone should demand respect as all players from 2010 should be held in reverence.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The only ‘surprise contender’ would be a late signing, the only recognised Lock in our squad is the much maligned Trent Merrin. Short memories from many on here. He’s the only remaining player from 2010. That alone should demand respect as all players from 2010 should be held in reverence.
What makes you think I’m not Trent Merrin?

BLM01

First Grade
No one is not talking about respect for 2010 side or merrin. But Id rather Jeremy Smith at 13 for this year.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I would near put my house on a middle rotation of Vaughan, Lawrie, Alvaro, Kerr, Faumausili and a bench option for lock either Bird or Fuimaono. Not necessarily in that order. I would go Vaughan and Faumausili to start with Lawrie at lock with Alvaro and Kerr to come on in the prop rotation. Bird to come on as a roving middle to give Lawrie a spell until he gets fit. The reason I would go this way would be for continuity. Vaughan (solid veteran) Faumausili (leg speed, dynamic, young) then Alvaro (solid veteran) Kerr (tall, can find the line, young) same with lock Lawrie (solid defence, runs hard and fast) Bird (Dynamic, game breaker vs tired forwards, to play a similar albeit potentially better role as Radley)

redv13

Bench
I would near put my house on a middle rotation of Vaughan, Lawrie, Alvaro, Kerr, Faumausili and a bench option for lock either Bird or Fuimaono. Not necessarily in that order. I would go Vaughan and Faumausili to start with Lawrie at lock with Alvaro and Kerr to come on in the prop rotation. Bird to come on as a roving middle to give Lawrie a spell until he gets fit. The reason I would go this way would be for continuity. Vaughan (solid veteran) Faumausili (leg speed, dynamic, young) then Alvaro (solid veteran) Kerr (tall, can find the line, young) same with lock Lawrie (solid defence, runs hard and fast) Bird (Dynamic, game breaker vs tired forwards, to play a similar albeit potentially better role as Radley)
I see Lawrie as a prop and prop only. He played lock at times in 2020 but I feel some of his best footy was starting up front and getting into it in the first 20 mins then having a spell.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I find it funny when people on here pick on Laurie..

I mean, he made the most running metres of any of our players last year, led with the most runs over 8m & is our best forward when it comes to average metres per run..

images

Gareth67

First Grade
Particularly liked the way he never took a backward step against the loony Lodge in the semi final win over the Broncos in 2018 .

redv13

Bench
Particularly liked the way he never took a backward step against the loony Lodge in the semi final win over the Broncos in 2018 .
Lawrie may not be the flashiest of props across the nrl but he’s one tough hombre. Never takes a back ward step and loves the heavy contact. Great signs for a young fella learning his trade in the toughest position on the field.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Pretty close Forbes, but not quiet right. Baring preseason injury forward pack will be

Vaughan McInnes Kerr
Sims Ford
Faamausili

Bench
Alvaro
Lawrie
Fuimanono
Bird

Bird might start will as little as 10-20mins round one but will increase over time.8 Norman’s form will be terrible & Jack will move to 5/8 for ANZAC Day round 7

SnowDragon

Juniors
Pretty close Forbes, but not quiet right. Baring preseason injury forward pack will be

Vaughan McInnes Kerr
Sims Ford
Faamausili

Bench
Alvaro
Lawrie
Fuimanono
Bird

Bird might start will as little as 10-20mins round one but will increase over time.8 Norman’s form will be terrible & Jack will move to 5/8 for ANZAC Day round 7

Lol - man you do my head in at times... some times your comments are spot on with mine, other times you go off reservation :)

This sounds pretty good to me though ;)

possm

Coach
Respect is earned on demanded. I recall the circumstances in which Merin left the Club and some of his comments he made after leaving the Club were offensive to the Dragons fans.. I also recall how poorly he performed last season when it was crucial he stood tall and led by example.

The only forward selection surprise that I could think of in priority order would be:

• Ravalawa or Pereira to right edge in tandem with Ford, or
  • McCulloch to hooker, or
  • A bright young junior promoted directly to the lock position.
Maybe George Dragon can shed some light on the player's name.

Last edited: