What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Politis vs Crowe

souths_pride

Juniors
Yeah but this is about 'who's the better operator'. We need to compare them once Russell Crowe has been in the game just as long as he has.
I think thats going to be a bit hard to do since Politis has been at the Roosters for over 40 years. What Russell Crowe has done for Souths has increased their publicity and PR campaigns and promoted the club heavily both home and abroad. He has also put recruited alot of people which has seen Souths evolve from a ramshackle club into one of the best run clubs in the NRL. I wouldn't say Crowe has worked miracles, rather he's just helped the club operate in a manner that is more professional and which is indicate of a modern day football club. As a result of this, players and coaches want to come to the club! Another side effect of Crowe's involvement is that Souths now have connotations of affluence associated with it. I believe that since Crowe has taken over, people are more aware of all the rich, high-profile celebrities who follow Souths and consequently feel that to be a Souths fan is now a sign of status. The irony is that Souths are traditionally one of the more 'working class' teams in the comp!

Mr Red

First Grade
i think they both demonstrate enormous passion for the respective clubs that they are involved with... cant ask anymore than that....
exactly whats needed at the dragons....

Latest posts