What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pom pleads not guilty to assault.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
CRONULLA Sharks rugby league centre Ben Pomeroy has pleaded not guilty to assaulting a man at a rock concert.

Pomeroy, 23, was charged in May with the assault of the 24-year-old man at a concert of American heavy rockers Korn at the Sydney Entertainment Centre on April 20.

Police allege Pomeroy punched the man in the face while in the concert crowd, causing facial injuries.

Pomeroy was charged with assault occasioning bodily harm.

In Downing Centre Local Court today, Pomeroy's lawyer Les Nicholls made a plea of not guilty on the footballer's behalf.

Pomeroy did not attend the brief hearing.

Deputy registrar Paul Morgan adjourned the case to July 31 and excused Pomeroy from attending the next hearing.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23888170-29277,00.html

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Can someone explain the difference between this assault charge and that of Latu's? Besides the fact that one was a male and was a female...

DJShaksta

First Grade
Latu's was pretty clear cut, the guy lost the plot.

Poms is harder to dissect. They were in a mosh pit, jumping round like young blokes do, arms waving round, some guy cops one in the face, crys to police about it.

wolverine

Juniors
I feel sorry for footballers sometimes, i doubt 'that' person would've went to the police if it was any old person who 'did that'. Pom doesn't look like the type for mine.

Pumba

First Grade
The victim, Matthew Cooper, 24, told police he was punched in the face while in the crowd.

Link
:lol:

Personally I think he has just got cracked in the most pit and knew who did it and is looking for his 5 minutes of fame.

Special K

Coach
He threw both. I think he poured the Doritos all over her hahaha

bring back Latu.. gee he could put a shot on for a bloke how was 60kg in the shade

Inferno

Coach
Agreed.

I'm not so sure on Frenzy's call that Seu Seu could be better than him, but then again, he hasn't been done too many favours by Sticky.

The Pomm cracking someone???? hahaha
he'd be more likely to crack open a beer with them and give em a hug!!!!
:lol:

Latest posts