What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ponga Appreciation Thread.

slotmachine

First Grade
he was a link during backline moves and our attack looked no worse (or better to be fair) than it did with Gamble.

This is where I disagree and the comment about how we scored the tries is relevant. We didn't score through slick backline moves like we have been with gamble in the side, just lucky kicks and solo efforts. It matters because if we don't get a few lucky bounces warriors win.

mozza91

Coach
Both of Marzhew’s tries and Dom’s were through the hands. I haven’t watched the replay but live at the ground the attack looked quite good. There wasn’t a lot of errors in the game so we didn’t get a lot of time in their 20, especially in the 2nd half.

Yosh

Coach
A lot of people seem really harsh here. If they were all luck, then we should have scored plenty of them in recent seasons. We are a good attacking outfit now and our desire to score is clearly evident. A little lucky on some but none of our tries were pure luck.

Jono078

Referee
In Rugby League, the phrase "make your own luck" seems to really apply. By having purpose and desire we are putting ourselves in position to take advantage of certain situations that we wouldn't have in years past.

Knight Tales

Juniors
it would be very tempting to pick him this weekend. You cannot put a price on defeating this side in regards to how far we can go in 2023. When did we actually last defeat the defending champions?

HarVeeGee

Juniors
It’s not accurate. The defending premiers in 2018 were the Storm and they belted us both times that year.

In 2019 we beat the defending champions and eventual repeat premiers, the Roosters, 38-12 at MJS. That would be the most recent win over a defending champ.

Jono078

Referee
It’s not accurate. The defending premiers in 2018 were the Storm and they belted us both times that year.

In 2019 we beat the defending champions and eventual repeat premiers, the Roosters, 38-12 at MJS. That would be the most recent win over a defending champ.
How could I forget that game. That’s the one that made us all think hey maybe we can do something that year. I think we backed it up with a win over the Rabbitohs too.

Jono078

Referee
Some of it was weird. Kalyn’s not the best at articulating his thoughts and is maybe sometimes too honest.

concerning was they didn’t seem to discuss a what-if scenario, if this were to happen again? I’d be gobsmacked if they didn’t say if x happens again then you will do y & z.

Also Kalyn had no idea why he’s not returning tomorrow and said they just picked the cowboys game, like there was no thought behind it lol. I mean we all heard it’s to get some km under his belt but why didn’t he say that lol.

Anyway he looks in good spirits and here’s hoping his season really gets started next week!

Old dog

Juniors
End of the day, the dude is only 25, if you put a bunch of cameras and microphones in front of me at that age, I would have said some pretty dumb things too
He’s been fronting the media for a few years, has been Captain, is often interviewed prior or after games so should be able to handle it.
I think he is just interested in playing and other matters don’t concern him, am sure he has been advised of the who, why and where of his circumstances and you would think that fronting for an interview he would know, been advised, the type of questions that will likely be asked.
To be honest each time he is interviewed, talks, it’s like he is not quite with it

Jono078

Referee
I wasn’t meaning to bash the bloke. Not everyone is good at it speaking and that’s fine. Just thought they were the two odd responses from what I watched.

Jono078

Referee
Anyone think he's been over coached by AOB?

He's an absolute shell of his 2018-2019 self. Back then he legit looked like a dangerous runner and playmaker. Now he plays like a mid 30s Benji Marshall. Indecisive and rarely takes the right option, or it looks clunky.