What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ponga

getsmarty

Immortal
We have already spent overs to secure a marquee player when we signed Hunt. It’s an extravagance that most teams can afford, but it can only be done every few years.

It was actually unders at the time.... What we paid for Norman was ridiculous "overs "...that's what happens when someone is adamant that they want such and such a player...anyway , those days are now gone.....

possm

Coach
Ponga is a good fit for the Dragons as all of our potential young guns are not up to the task right now. Ponga, Ramsey and Ravalawa would make a great back 3, Lomax and Max Feagai in the centres and Sullivan and Hunt in the halves. Bird to 12.

Salary Cap wise, Ponga =
Norman + Williame

Gareth67

First Grade
Well I am of the opinion that if the members want him , regardless ( as said already by others ) he should quite simply tear up his present contract and get himself measured up for a Big Red V jersey - of course that is if he really wants to play for the Dragons . :thinking:

Last edited:
Ponga is actually quite ordinary at times

He also has glaring deficiencies that have not improved very much despite all his games and all the hype.

IMO whilst better than, he is not that big an upgrade on Dufty

Hear hear.
Ponga is the single most over-rated player going around atm.

We have a fullback - his name is Cody Ramsey. He hasn't even been given an opportunity to play at NRL level in his position because McF#ckwit preferred to play Lomax there.

I say work on Dufty's one-on-one defense and kicking game and move him to 5/8 where he would be a potential match-winner, and shift Ramsey to fullback. We then let Norman go and use the $800,000 his departure frees up to upgrade our Dad's Army forward pack ( Nathan Brown (Eels) and Fletcher Baker (Rorters), for starters)

Wittenberg

Juniors
Ponga is streets above other players in ability but he is not a dominant player too often. For all his defects, and there are some glaring ones, Dufty has scored more tries and provided more try assists over the last two years than Ponga has. Ponga has more talent than Dufty hands down, but like Moses, he goes missing when the pressure is on. Besides we would have to pay a large part of our cap to get him. As well as that I cannot forget him being a part in the knifing of Brown and then laughing on camera when Brown’s sacking was announced. A no for me. A pretty boy media pin up with immense ability but not enough ticker or humility. A minority view no doubt.

Ponga is streets above other players in ability but he is not a dominant player too often. For all his defects, and there are some glaring ones, Dufty has scored more tries and provided more try assists over the last two years than Ponga has. Ponga has more talent than Dufty hands down, but like Moses, he goes missing when the pressure is on. Besides we would have to pay a large part of our cap to get him. As well as that I cannot forget him being a part in the knifing of Brown and then laughing on camera when Brown’s sacking was announced. A no for me. A pretty boy media pin up with immense ability but not enough ticker or humility. A minority view no doubt.
I totally agree with this assessment.
I'd sooner sign up Nick Meaney

possm

Coach
I’d sign Meaney in a heart beat and won’t break the bank. Pity he plays for a deadshit club
In my opinion the Dragon's spine should be filled with SOO grade players, or players close to that level. At the moment we only have Hunt and it remains to be seen if you will get selected.

Vaughan is one player that can win back an SOO spot but that is it right now. So the focus in recruiting for a spine position should be the potential to play SOO.

Ponga is the only fullback rumoured to be on the move even though he is still contracted to the Knights. We should be in their trying to win his signature.

B Smith is a top grade hooker only held back because he was playing behind C Smith at the Storm.

So for me a spine of Ponga, Sullivan, Hunt and B Smith is about as close to the best we can hope for right now.

Latest posts