What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor Zorba

Wobbygong

First Grade
Here's his latest "attempt" at journalism lol.

http://sportal.com.au/league-opinion-display/zorbas-zone-99542
Zorba's Zone

04/10/2010 12:33 PM
Peter Peters

Sportal

Oh when the Saints, oh when the Saints, oh when the Saints go marching in…
There. I've done it. Sung your bloody song for the first and last time.
Congratulations to all you St George Illawarra fans.
Even the ones who have been wishing me a swift and violent death.
I've got bad news for you. I'm here for a lot longer to come.
But my old man always told me to be gracious in victory and defeat so here it is: I was wrong about the Dragons.
Cut and paste that line because I'm only going to say it once.
You stick your head out and sometimes you get it chopped off.
They proved me wrong. I have been wrong before and will again in the future.
On the big day, when it mattered most, the Red V stood tall to deliver the Dragons' first premiership in 31 years.
They are deserved premiers
I thought the Roosters were a little awestruck and failed to aim up in the key moments.
The rookie pairing of Kane Linnett and Joseph Leilua was badly exposed and I reckon if Brian Smith had his time over again he may have taken a punt on Phil Graham's fitness.
Poor old Smithy is still searching for his first crown after four visits to the grand final and it's hard not to feel some sympathy for him.
But what about his old nemesis Wayne Bennett?
By sheer weight of premierships – at two different clubs – Bennett is rightly being acclaimed as possibly the best coach we've seen.
He's got that x-factor. The media can't cop him but his players lay the love on thick.
They will walk over cut glass for him, such is their deep belief in his methods.
Sunday night was a mountain St George Illawarra had to climb – sooner rather than later as the salary cap eventually bites all good sides and will eventually rip them apart.
Bennett got them to the summit where plenty of others have tried and failed for three decades.
He will have them up there again next year and Roosters fans can also look forward to further good times in 2011.
I am already licking my lips in anticipation of the season kick off.
But first we have to suffer through the tedious Four Nations – a tournament tired and mentally exhausted players could have done without – and a never ending cricket season.
The good news is there are just 158 days to go until we do it all again in the greatest competition of them all.
See you in 2011.

Last edited:

Drew-Sta

Staff member
So many begrudging journo's eating their words. I like seeing the humble pie, but wonder if they realise they're more tabloid writer than journalist. They should take a leaf out of Masters book.

Rocket

Juniors
I have been wrong before and will again in the future ...
sooner rather than later as the salary cap eventually bites all good sides and will eventually rip them apart.

And it only took him about ten lines to be wrong again. Sure we will have to manage salary cap pressures, but it isn't a forgone conclusion that it will rip us apart.

Just admit you were wrong, be gracious and move on. No need to fill the rest of the article full of poisonous barbs and bitterness, it just robs you of any shred of dignity.

Zorba loves all pies, humble or otherwise.

I wouldn't be betting on that fat merkin being around too long either.

Obesity is a major cause of heart disease in Australia and he looks like he's swollowed a two-seater lounge.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
former player now desk jockey said:
Congratulations to all you St George Illawarra fans.
Even the ones who have been wishing me a swift and violent death.
I thought it was a slow and painful death.

Well there you go, there is some compassion amongst Saints fans.

snoozer

Bench
we treat rothfield like you guys treat biker.

he's one of us but f**k me i wish he'd shut up.

Nugby

Juniors
I thought it was a slow and painful death.

Well there you go, there is some compassion amongst Saints fans.

I was surprised he said "quick" too! Has never bothered me that much though.

For anyone wondering about Rothfield, he was copping it from a Dragons supporter on Twitter a la SaintBenny. That was just the best comeback the poor bastard could come back with. :lol:

P.S. For those of you who haven't got your Red V membership yet, don't forget to leave a spot on the Refer a Friend for one rothfieldp@dailytelegraph.com.au

Last edited: