What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poore off to eels for 3 years

watatank

Coach
Saying we signed Fien as a hooker makes just about as much sense as saying that we signed Boyd to replace Gasnier.

Gaba

First Grade
He won't drop Poore. He dropped Hodges after he signed with the Roosters because Hodges was meant to be either Tuqiri or Dell's replacement and he pissed off. it was ridiculously late in the season and he needed to bring develop Brent Tate. If it was say Trent Merrin's position then Merrin would no longer see any first grade
ok

Jasdragon

Juniors
still, not happy with the eels poaching a bloke who has been with us since the very beginning and paying overs to him when he's on the verge of something special.

Something special?? What would that be? People rate this bloke way to much! Bailey, Kite and Ryles were all ten times better than Poore. Poore is a good bloke but no great talent, I rate Weyman more than him and we only just got him, not to mention Paea is out playing him atm and we still have Hunt, Merrin, Saffy and Thorby. We need to buy rare talent like a dominant 9 or 7.

sting

Bench
Something special?? What would that be? People rate this bloke way to much! Bailey, Kite and Ryles were all ten times better than Poore. Poore is a good bloke but no great talent, I rate Weyman more than him and we only just got him, not to mention Paea is out playing him atm and we still have Hunt, Merrin, Saffy and Thorby. We need to buy rare talent like a dominant 9 or 7.

isn't he only 24??

he could've been a rep front rower for the next 8 years or so. to me, that's pretty special. his combo with weyman could've been our next ryles and bailey, or f**k who knows our very own petero and webcke.

disappointing we won't get to see now.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
They mention it in the same piece when they were talking about Shackleton but is kinda weird there has been no media release yet.

watatank

Coach
Where else do you think Fein will play?

I cant see him playing in the halves at all.

tbh, I was exaggerating a little. He could very well play hooker and most likely spend just about all of his time there when he comes onto the field but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion, which was why I mentioned the point about Boyd/Gasnier.

I think it's more likely he will be doing what Mat Head is doing for us now but will play longer minutes. He will also cover injuries in the halves, an area in which our depth (or lack thereof) has yet to be exposed (touch wood).

watatank

Coach

Poore and Weyman are the best of all the (NSW) young props. In a couple of years they will be leading the NSW pack. Poore has so much more development in him, if Parra don't screw him over

Poore and Weyman are the best of all the (NSW) young props. In a couple of years they will be leading the NSW pack. Poore has so much more development in him, if Parra don't screw him over

I agree...Poore is a great player. you're all just saying he's sh*t cos he's leaving!!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i smell a rat...

a rat called todd buckinham.

think about it... the eels have been going through turmoil recently, including losing their chief executive of 30 years.. a simple way to turn themselves around would be to announce both signings at once as it would generate more news than one signing at a time..

however.. on their website, they only announce shackleton...

my theory <insert x-files theme music here> is that buckingham gets word of the signing and leaks the news to the press, saying that poore will go as well...

this would, in theory, trigger a response from the dragons where they make a higher last ditch offer to poore, who was going to stay anyway, therefore earning more money for buckingham....

/end x-files music..

so.. i'll believe it when i see it from either the dragons or the eels directly... in the meantime, can someone please add an extra 'f' to the title.. that's really giving me the irrits...

The Nick

Bench
isn't he only 24??

he could've been a rep front rower for the next 8 years or so. to me, that's pretty special. his combo with weyman could've been our next ryles and bailey.

Yeah and look how far Poore* [edit: I meant to say Ryles!] and Bailey got us! That's why we're closer to a premiership than ever. A coach like Nathan Brown woulda been happy to pay Justin Poore $350k. A coach like Wayne Bennett wouldn't even give Petero Civonaceva a decent pay cheque and still gets his team one game away from the GF the very next season!

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
i smell a rat...

a rat called todd buckinham.

think about it... the eels have been going through turmoil recently, including losing their chief executive of 30 years.. a simple way to turn themselves around would be to announce both signings at once as it would generate more news than one signing at a time..

however.. on their website, they only announce shackleton...

my theory <insert x-files theme music here> is that buckingham gets word of the signing and leaks the news to the press, saying that poore will go as well...

this would, in theory, trigger a response from the dragons where they make a higher last ditch offer to poore, who was going to stay anyway, therefore earning more money for buckingham....

/end x-files music..

so.. i'll believe it when i see it from either the dragons or the eels directly... in the meantime, can someone please add an extra 'f' to the title.. that's really giving me the irrits...

Arrrggghhh. Now I can't that farkin tune out of my head.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
Parramatta has secured a major transfer coup with St George Illawarra prop Justin Poore signing a three-year deal with the NRL club.

The news caps a big day for the Eels, who earlier on Wednesday confirmed the signature of Roosters forward Shane Shackleton, also on a three-year deal.

But it is the capture of Poore, who made his State of Origin debut for NSW in last week's series opener against Melbourne, which had Eels acting chief executive Andrew Hill delighted.

"Justin Poore is one of the best front rowers in the NRL and we're very pleased that he has chosen to join us," Hill said.

"It's been some time since the Eels have signed a State of Origin player, so to do so now is another indicator of the strength of the club and our future.

"We expect Justin's decision will strengthen the Eels both off and on the field."

Poore has played 115 NRL games for the Dragons since making his debut in 2004 against Canberra.

Eels coach Daniel Anderson said both Poore and Shackleton were key targets for him in 2010.

"Justin Poore is a very important acquisition for the future of the Parramatta club," Anderson said.

"Justin and Shane Shackleton were priority targets for us and to secure the services of both this week is a big shot in the arm as we look ahead."

Both players have signed three year deals with the club which will keep them at Parramatta stadium until the end of 2012.

http://rugbyleaguelive.com/Articles/5425/2009/06/10/Eels_snare_Origin_forward_Justin_Poore.aspx

drake

First Grade
Good luck to him. $75000 a year is more than what I get, and that's the difference between our offer and the Eels. Dude has 10 more years tops to make big coin.
I hope he can do his work everyweekend now with his mind settled for next year.

Next season is a long way off.

I respect and applaud loyal players like Cooper, Young etc; I don't expect professionals to cut their earning capacity though.