What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positions

Meanhfish

Juniors
I am just confused as to the team layout next year as it stands we have 8 back rowers, 1 and a half hookers, 2 props, 3 playmakers 1 always injured and 2 with almost no experience, 1 fullback, 2 wingers, 1 centre and Tracey who as good as he is wouldn’t get a start in any other team, he’s quick but too small for most positions. How do you realistically make that into the sort of team the Sharks were in 2016?
Everything has gone deathly quiet on the recruitment front since we got the 2 from the Storm, it seems any Roosters player or intended Roosters player is off limits no leaks or rumours, just nothing.

ghoti

Bench
I am just confused as to the team layout next year as it stands we have 8 back rowers, 1 and a half hookers, 2 props, 3 playmakers 1 always injured and 2 with almost no experience, 1 fullback, 2 wingers, 1 centre and Tracey who as good as he is wouldn’t get a start in any other team, he’s quick but too small for most positions. How do you realistically make that into the sort of team the Sharks were in 2016?
Everything has gone deathly quiet on the recruitment front since we got the 2 from the Storm, it seems any Roosters player or intended Roosters player is off limits no leaks or rumours, just nothing.
The squad is a bit unbalanced at the moment, but the squad players will start peppering in over the off-season...can see some journeymen arriving on small short-term contracts. There aren't any name signings left really, but there'll be some decent quality added in dribs and drabs.

There's a good core of the squad is really good, and made up of juniors who know each other's games and the three big signings so I'm not tooooo worried, the hard part for Fitz is just experimenting with the halves... Hynes playing at halfback last night wasn't too convincing, but that could be the unspoken strategy behind re-signing Moylan as a more experienced foil for him, who knows..

1. Kennedy
2. Katoa
3. Squad Signing??
4. Ramien
5. Mulitalo
6. Moylan??
7. Hynes??
8. Finucane
9. Brailey
10. BHU
11. Graham
12. Talakai
13. McInnes

14. Trindall/Tracey
15. Wilton
16. Rudolph
17. Hunt?

I suspect that we'll hear about possible recruitment of Chooks players once their season ends, given that the club's season is very much alive and they are still possible "premiership contenders". And Mr Fitzgibbon still has a very busy full time job there.

What's more relevant for us at the moment is finding a possible stop gap replacement for big Andrew. I just saw this bit of news about that from the dreaded mole.....https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/cronulla-sharks-andrew-fifita-injury-front-row-shortage-the-mole/aa72933f-2374-4166-a5a1-cf5e4243a1da?ocid=edm-wwos.nine.com.au-ninedaily--210820&mktg_scr=edm-wwosdaily

Frenzy.

Immortal

You don't. Why would anyone want to? That side is not the benchmark anymore and would provide no blueprint to winning now.

The club has moved on in many ways. The game has moved on in many ways. 2016 has no relevance now.

Enjoy the memory and move on.