What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possibility...

raidersman

Juniors
IMO If we wanna sign both Wiki and Monnas why dont we release Phil Graham and Brad Drew. They are clogging up our salary cap, and we dont really need them in the team. As much as a love Phil Graham, he deserves a first grade spot! Its really sad not to see him there anymore, he can add more creativity and spark to our side. If we release him i'd be happy for him for any club he goes to, and im sure heaps of clubs will pounce on him! I hope he carves them up too. I just remember him being signed up to a pretty large amount...and as with Drew, he played gr8 against manly, but his position is hooker, and we dont really need a hooker in the side atm while we have Woolford, and im sure he was signed up for a pretty large amount. If both these players were released SURELY we could sign monnas and wiki!!! GO THE RAIDERS :twisted: N HURRY UP AND SIGN WIKI AND MONNAS! WE NEED YA! :(

We have alot of fringe first graders which are overpayed and costing ud money. these players include bulgarelli, porter, thompson,martin,smith etc.. we got rid of one in evans. we either need to play phil or see him l8r

I'm a big fan of Graham, but he's done nothing this year, and I think he knows it.

He had like one good game in PL, that's it. He seems really unfit and lacking in confidence. I think his extra weight may have affected him more than previously thought.

He'll come good eventually, even if we have to wait 'till next year.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think releasing Drew and Bulga will give us enough to sign them both and with our commitments to payten ending this year and Porter retiring we will have enough for one quality signing or 2 average

edabomb

First Grade
If Wiki leaves I am considering living in the caves of the Himilayas for a year to get back in touch with my inner self.......

edabomb

First Grade
We were still paying a share of his contract the last couple years as a part of his release deal

raidersman

Juniors
edabomb said:
Would Elliott release Graham ahead of Bulgarelli?? I think so
Yeah well we got a person in reggies who has been signed up to a big contract...its a lot of money...boogs isnt really signed up to a big one like graham in my understanding, n wouldnt really hurt the salary cap.

Raider_69

Post Whore
VictorTheViking said:
Commitments to payten?

when we released him we payed out his contract over 2 years, it would be something like 60% last year and 40% this year, so that money is counting to our cap atm

Paullyboy

Coach
If Wiki is allowed to leave I would not be able to follow the Raiders or the NRL while he was playing for another team, he is my hero and he is everything good about the Raiders.

Hell my dog is called Ruben

edabomb

First Grade
Yea hes been my favourite since 1994, and pretty much the reason I stayed loyal during 1997-1999 when I saw a combined 5 games.... Hes a Raiders legend, I dunno what I would do......

chub

Juniors
Not knowing him personally, but I didn't really think he would really want to play against the raiders either, as shown on the field his heart and soul is with the raiders, i'm not sure if that could change over an off season.

Losing him would be the biggest mistake of the raiders management, just look at how we play without him....

plus my mobile phone is named after him! i'd have to get rid of it if he was to leave :cry:

Raider Ultra

Bench
How can you stop supporting a club if one player leaves? The club is bigger than one player, no matter if its Ruben Wiki, or Marshall Chalk.

thickos

First Grade
Well said Ultra. I'd miss Ruben if he left ( I hope he doesnt go!) but the faith in the Raiders never wavers... :clap:

Edwahu

Bench
If we lost Rubes and Monnas and couldnt replace them with players of equal abillity, I would have hard time following the NRL. Even if we keep them but cant buy anyone of note, I will be worried.

I love the club but im getting sick of watching them run out every year when other clubs are given such huge advantages over us. We are under more pressure to keep our players then teams with stacks of rep players. Its a joke.

Any comp where the club that is going to win the club championship is a club which has no real junior leagues, has really got serious problems. Im worried that unless we copy the way the roosters operate I cant see us winning the comp any time soon.

I think that getting rid of Drew completely is a ridiculous notion. Even if he isn't worthy of a starting spot, he would be a fantastic utility player off the bench. Do you really think he wold have been picked for city if he was that useless? Not to mention he has alot of experience which is essential for the development of younger players. He's one of the only players to play in a Grand Final which counts for alot. I do agree that Booga might have to go though, I think he is a fine player and his level of play would be great if he was a bit younger, but what is he.....27, 28? I think we either need to get rid of him or cut his pay. I think there is still a question mark over Phil Graham though, he obviously has alot of talent and if he comes good then I'd rather have him here than anywhere else because he could become a dangerous weapon in the hands of others.

Latest posts