What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

possible 2010 dragons starting 13 and 4 players on bench

boxa777

Coach
1 Darius Boyd
2 Brett Morris
3 Jason Nightingale
4 Matt Cooper
5 Michael Lett
6 Jamie Soward
7 Ben Hornby

8 Jarrod Saffy
9 Nathan Fien
10 Michael Weyman
11 Beau Scott
12 Ben Creagh
13 Jeremy Smith

14 Beau Henry
15 Dean Young/Trent Merrin
16 Neville Costigan
17 Dan Hunt

Props to play similar minutes to this season with JSmith getting some time at prop also.

Beau Henry to play limited minutes when needed and Young to play some hooker, some backrow when needed. Merrin the other option

gtomad

Juniors
You can't have a fullback score 2 tries all year. I don't care how safe he is. Not good enough.

Wouldn't mind playing morris at fullback, boyd in the centres and nightingale on the wing. well if a fullback cant score 2 tries all year might aswell put the nrl's top try scorer as fullback

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Wouldn't mind playing morris at fullback, boyd in the centres and nightingale on the wing. well if a fullback cant score 2 tries all year might aswell put the nrl's top try scorer as fullback
I would be quite happy with that.

big pat

Coach
all very interesting these selection dilemma's, but i think i will enjoy the cricket season, and then wait for wayne's version.

watatank

Coach
personally think B Morris is wasted on the wing.

J Morris got centre of the year after all.

the Morris boys are very different players and I'm pretty sure Josh has much more junior experience at centre so I really don't think it'd work out as well.

I disagree that Morris is wasted on the wing but he'd move to fullback before the centres.

trudge

Bench
We need points and a better spine.

1. Brett at fullback, chiming through the middle(which Darius couldn't) brings the offload from the forwards and short pass from the halves back into play.

Darius had a year to work it out. Back to Wing or Brisbane bud.

6. Sowie
7. Might be Beau Henry's time. Hornby's playmaking went missing in the back end.
9. Hornby for hooker. If Ennis can do it, Hornby can too.

Dean Young to Backrow.
Saffy off the bench to start.
Greenfield to the bench.

gtomad

Juniors
We need points and a better spine.

1. Brett at fullback, chiming through the middle(which Darius couldn't) brings the offload from the forwards and short pass from the halves back into play.

Darius had a year to work it out. Back to Wing or Brisbane bud.

6. Sowie
7. Might be Beau Henry's time. Hornby's playmaking went missing in the back end.
9. Hornby for hooker. If Ennis can do it, Hornby can too.

Dean Young to Backrow.
Saffy off the bench to start.
Greenfield to the bench.

I reckon thats why melbourne are very succesfull they have had the same spine for the last 4 years.

1.Billy Slater
4.Greg Inglis
7.Cooper Cronk
9.Cameron Smith

they have had a different five eighth for the last 5 years but we need our five eighth(soward) for the next 5 years

Bring back choc

Juniors
scott will stay in the centres. Greenfield will definitely be in the team, most likely starting prop. There is no way in hell Dan hunt is a starting prop. Not a f**king chance.

That team you listed will finish 7th at best.
Continues to look like a rebuilding phase to me.

We have no dynamic players off the bench, smith/creagh/scott/costigan/hunt are all the same. Young offers very little. We have skinny prop experience with poore and Paea leaving. We are very light on in the centres. Don't really like our chances next year if we are hoping to play same style as this year. I am not being negative but i really think we stuffed our recruitment years ago. We can be solid and consistent...but again i cant see us being able to create too much come finals time. We need something fresh and IMO it is Henry at half. Hornby to 9. Henry will ask far more questions and hornby would be a brilliant dummy half.

Taste of reality proudly brought to you by choc.

Bring on the tissues and insults. I am ready.

Ray Parlour

Juniors
1. Boyd
2. Lett
3. Nightingale (not sold on him yet being a centre, but deserves first crack over Tagive)
4. Cooper
5. Morris
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Weyman
9. Young
10.Hunt(hoping he can become a bit of a workhorse)
11.Creagh
12.Scott
13.Smith

14.Fien
15.Greenfield
16.Costigan
17.Prior(playing more in the front row)

big_dell

Juniors
why does everyone want scott in the second row? Creagh, Prior, Young, Scott, Smith are all really 80 minutes players. ideally we want scott in the centres.

Dragons08

Juniors
I would love to see this line up have a go in a trial. I know it's no chance of happening.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Peni Targive
4. Brett Morris
5. Michael Lett
6. Jamie Soward
7. Nathan Fien
13. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
11. Jeremy Smith
10. Michael Weyman
9. Ben Hornby