What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible team vs. Cowboys

Perfect excuse for Fitz to look at Connor in the centres and sifa as a forward again.
I love what Sifa does in the centres. we had a debate on different body shapes, running styles etc in Forwards ,I think Talakai is great example of same argument in backs. Id hope coach looks at bringing in some of the new talent to forwards , Before making talakai a bash and barge forward . Sure ,his worth there if Injuries dictate is undeniable. But He is SO MUCH more lethal in centres .

Last edited:
If I was an opposition coach reading the team list, I think id rather see Talakai in forwards ,than centres. I think opposition centres, wingers and fullbacks would too.

Chimp

Bench
I’m 100% that Ramien and Talakai are our 1st choice centre pairing. But this week, with Sifa playing origin, and Nikora out, I’d have Tracey in the centres and Sifa off the bench as either cover for the backs or impact as 2nd row interchange - give him reduced minutes given he’ll have played less than 48 hours earlier. I guess a lot will also depend on how many minutes he plays in Origin.

Eion

First Grade
I’m 100% that Ramien and Talakai are our 1st choice centre pairing. But this week, with Sifa playing origin, and Nikora out, I’d have Tracey in the centres and Sifa off the bench as either cover for the backs or impact as 2nd row interchange - give him reduced minutes given he’ll have played less than 48 hours earlier. I guess a lot will also depend on how many minutes he plays in Origin.
This. ^^

Stake Removed

First Grade
If I was an opposition coach reading the team list, I think id rather see Talakai in forwards ,than centres. I think opposition centres, wingers and fullbacks would too.
In the centres he can get one on one with the halves, which drags more defenders, and we have seen Ronaldo benefit from that opens up try scoring opportunity

carinashark

First Grade
I love what Sifa does in the centres. we had a debate on different body shapes, running styles etc in Forwards ,I think Talakai is great example of same argument in backs. Id hope coach looks at bringing in some of the new talent to forwards , Before making talakai a bash and barge forward . Sure ,his worth there if Injuries dictate is undeniable. But He is SO MUCH more lethal in centres .
He has a deft grabber kick. :

ghoti

Bench
Yeah they're slowly doing great work tactically with the left side based almost solely around the principle of 'most halves and centres are scared to tackle talakai.' half of Ronnie's tries this year have been simple as hell: early ball to sifa, wait for the defence to run in, late ball to ronnie...

I think they have more work to do though, because that's so easily read and covered with a hard slide defence... but hopefully we will likely be working on more options inside Talakai for Graham/Wilton and Kennedy/Moylan to take advantage of. That left side is early days with no pre-season so should be clicking end of season if all holds steady

Stake Removed

First Grade
Yeah they're slowly doing great work tactically with the left side based almost solely around the principle of 'most halves and centres are scared to tackle talakai.' half of Ronnie's tries this year have been simple as hell: early ball to sifa, wait for the defence to run in, late ball to ronnie...

I think they have more work to do though, because that's so easily read and covered with a hard slide defence... but hopefully we will likely be working on more options inside Talakai for Graham/Wilton and Kennedy/Moylan to take advantage of. That left side is early days with no pre-season so should be clicking end of season if all holds steady
I wouldn't mind seeing when ball goes to Talakai, he steps back against the grain, to put sliding defence off.
Also let Talakai roam, for the crash play, he has more speed then the props, short pass from Brailey, Talakai will take monster of stopping, even if does he will draw defenders in quick play the ball, should be gaps for Moylan or Hynes

Special K

Coach
We have won 4 games in a row. Why make changes? Sifa is doing tremendous work in getting us out of our back end and setting Ronnie up in attack. It doesn't need to be 4 try games every week.

Because I’m bored:

1. Kennedy
2. Katoa
3. Ramien
4. Talakai
5. Mulitalo
6. Moylan
7. Hynes
8. Rudolf
9. Brailey
10. Fifita
11. Wilton
12. Graham
13. Finucane

14. Hamlin-Uele
15, McInnes
16. Tolman
17. Hunt

18. Tracey
19. Trindall
Close. None of us thought Sifa would be picked on the extended bench.
Obviously he can still be picked, but very surprised that he isn't actually picked in the initial team.