What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible WM26 *Spoiler*

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/6544.html

- Multiple WWE sources are reporting that Vince McMahon has decided to go a different direction with the Bret Hart storyline and WrestleMania.

Believe it or not, the plan as of this weekend was for Bret to win the WWE Title at WrestleMania.

The plan as of Sunday morning was to have either Batista or John Cena walk out of Elimination Chamber with the WWE Title, which obviously Batista won. This should lead to Bret Hart & John Cena vs. Vince McMahon & Batista at WrestleMania with the person who gets the winning pinfall will be new WWE Champion.

The angle has been described as something that would be a "feel-good title win" for Bret. A likely ending for the match would be for Bret to make Vince tapout with the Sharpshooter but that's nothing confirmed.

Vince has gone back and forth on where they're headed with Bret for WrestleMania a few times over the past month but as of this weekend, this was the plan.

Hmm, interesting. Don't see it happening.

The plan as of Sunday morning was to have either Batista or John Cena walk out of Elimination Chamber with the WWE Title, which obviously Batista won. This should lead to Bret Hart & John Cena vs. Vince McMahon & Batista at WrestleMania with the person who gets the winning pinfall will be new WWE Champion.

I hate tag/handicap matches for individual belts. It makes no sense, because basically, Batista won't want Vince to make a pin and vice-versa, Cena won't want Hart to make a pin and vice versa. Therefore, it basically becomes a fatal-fourway match, except Cena and Bret can't pin each other, and Batista and Vince can't pin each other. I hate the concept, always have, always will.

Handicap can make sense because it is basically a triple threat match where a challenger must pin the champion, but really all it does is give the champ a rub by making him go over 2 guys, or give the challenger a hollow title win because it was a 2-on-1 match.

Jono078

Referee
Holy sh*t, if that's the plan the crowd will lose the plot, the arena will explode.

bartman

Immortal
Trouble is, they could do that whole match and result without needing the title in the mix. The reaction would be the same.

I can't see them giving the title to a non-wrestler... surely at some point sense will prevail.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah you are probably right.

Maybe they'll have something like Hart winning it then handing it over to Cena, which would get the fans bit more on Cena's side which I think the WWE are desperately trying to do.

jc155776

Coach
How good would it be to see Cena turn on Hart with Vince and Batista and just beat the living sh*t out of him.

The crowd would f**ken explode even more then if Hart won it.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The WWE are toying with the idea of putting the belt on a man who retired a decade ago and isn't actually capable of working a full match, and yet it's TNA with the fascination with old guys?

The belt doesn't need to be in the mix at all.

Big Pete

Referee
I wouldn't trust this source.

Not to mention, WWE only toy with the idea. TNA goes out of their own way and dedicates half their programming to guys from the 80's/90's.

The WWE are toying with the idea of putting the belt on a man who retired a decade ago and isn't actually capable of working a full match, and yet it's TNA with the fascination with old guys?

The belt doesn't need to be in the mix at all.

LOL @ this the guy could legitimately die if he cops a good enough head shot in the wrong place, including landing in the ring hard.......

Comedy gold if this match goes ahead and will order for sure!

Hart looks like has the mobility of a 3 legged puppy too boot!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Not to mention, WWE only toy with the idea. TNA goes out of their own way and dedicates half their programming to guys from the 80's/90's.

HBK and Undertaker are guys from the 80s/90s.

Big Pete

Referee
Taker appears for 5 mins tops and can still wrestle the match of the year. It's a testament to his ability.

HBK, yes you're right. Still the guy can wrestle the match of the year. Can't see the Nasty Boys or The Band doing that.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm not sure how much TNA you've watched of late, but between them the Nasty Boys & The Band barely get fifteen minutes from a two hour show. Not exactly half.

Big Pete

Referee
Alright...

I should've said I can't see Hogan, Flair, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Sean Waltmen, Knobbs or Saggs doing that.

Meth

Staff member
As soon as Cena took the title, I wondered how they were going to work in the Hart/McMahon storyline into a title match at Wrestlemania. I really hope this isn't the way they do it- this would be terrible. Just have a straight Batista v Cena match with McMahon and Hart at ringside and have them come to blows at some stage. Keep it simple, stupid

shiznit

Coach
i wanna see Cena turn heel by going against Hart... theres more than enough canadians around to stick up for him....

i want to see something unexpected!! and when i say unexpected i dont mean something stupid like putting the belt on Hart.

the lasting legacy of this Hart V Mcmahon feud should be on the wrestlers... not the old blokes...

personally id rather have seen an angle where the Hart Dynasty turned on there uncle... that would have given them massive heat and keeping them heel.

munge

Juniors
i dont want to see hart win the belt, it just seems stupid, hes retiring as of april isnt he? but i want somthing different than a hart vs vince match.

theres been nothing to the storyline, but i just wonder if hart will come out and cost the match/"screw" michaels from ending takers streak?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
i dont want to see hart win the belt, it just seems stupid, hes retiring as of april isnt he? but i want somthing different than a hart vs vince match.

theres been nothing to the storyline, but i just wonder if hart will come out and cost the match/"screw" michaels from ending takers streak?

Michaels and Hart haven't even crossed paths since that first night on Raw, and even then it was more of a set up towards the McMahon confrontation.

I don't see Michaels getting anywhere near the Hart/McMahon feud.

Regardless of what happens, McMahon will have the Sharpshooter put on him at some stage, there's no doubt about that.

bartman

Immortal
It's going to end up a beat down on either Hart or McMahaon I reckon. Might involve someone turning to contribute to that.

Will be interesting to see how it is resolved afterwards, whether it puts someone over in the process or it just fizzles out after the confrontation and as Bret's fixed term contract expires.

Matt23

Staff member
Maybe the Hart Dynasty will administer the beat down in Uncle Bret's honour, or maybe they screw him over...