What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Match Reaction

Blaze

Juniors
I guess we have to be happy with the one point... feels strange saying that when we were 12 points up with 15 minutes to go.

We got a shafted a bit by the ref, but what can you do?

It would have been heartbreaking to come back empty handed

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Pretty frustrating.....considering we played pretty average.

With no Mannering and McKinnon at half speed it was always going to be hard to hang in there. And then well....old No Balls Hayne in GP.

Lauaki was great. Pricey great again. I though Crockett went well.

Old Manu was inconsistent again....he is so damaging with ball in hand....when gets the ball in his hands. And his defence.....that one on one miss on Monaghan hurt.

MKEB...

Staff member
Best game that I have seen Lauaki play in a warriors jumper.
Ravs should be looking at one week at most with early plea... Luck, I cant see it getting taking any further.

Swann reverting back to his bad habit when previously playing for us of carrying the ball in one hand ala Meads/ Kirkpatrick (sorry other people who carried the ball like that who played that NZ other winter sport, the bullsh*t one)

RLIF

Juniors
Warriors lucky to come away with a point today....if they give any other team in the top three a start like that then we will be on a hiding...

Some poor mistakes by the Warriors and what is up with the last play kicking??

The main thing to come out of this is we finaly won a tight game....we should be better for it.

RLIF said:
Warriors lucky to come away with a point today....if they give any other team in the top three a start like that then we will be on a hiding...

Some poor mistakes by the Warriors and what is up with the last play kicking??

The main thing to come out of this is we finaly won a tight game....we should be better for it.

:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

Esoj

Juniors
robbed cold of victory not a good feeling at all. there were some dodgey calls throughout but the roosters defintely got the better of them especially in golden point. blatant strip on pricey called as a knock on was within kicking range easily and roosters literally metres offside during the mckinnion field goal attempt basically right out infront again in kicking range. at least we didn't lose this game and still have a chance of finishing in the top 4.

playdaball

Bench
A few questions:

- No question regarding his brave effort, but was it wise leaving McKinnon on for most of the 2nd half despite the fact that he was only around 40% & couldn't run ?

- Is Sam Perrot ready to step up to a Kiwi jersey?

- Is Setima Sa ready for NZ A ?

- Did Witt do some bad field general kicking today ?

- Does Shayne Hayne use sun beds or a spray on tan?

- Could this result cost the Warriors a home semi?

Fast Eddie

First Grade
While McKinnon was injured he still managed to do his job defensively...just wasn't able to support as much as he usually does. The funniest thing about it was how Freeman said that Ropati would go to fullback, Witt to centre and Fien to 5/8!!

Ropati would have gone to the back and Koopu would have gone to centre.

Perrot could very well be our fullback. If Inu plays centre.

Our kicking game was pretty sh*t alround.

MKEB...

Staff member
Check out the match summary from the side bar...The writer near deserves a bloody Pulitzer award...well done :clap::clap:

MKEB...

Staff member
- No question regarding his brave effort, but was it wise leaving McKinnon on for most of the 2nd half despite the fact that he was only around 40% & couldn't run ?

What else could we have done? His hands was as good as any under the high ball. All we could really have done would be to put Ropati in fullback (aaaaaaaaaargh) Koopu in the centres.

- Is Sam Perrot ready to step up to a Kiwi jersey?

Not as a fullback. On the wing maybe.

- Is Setima Sa ready for NZ A ?

They left out Soliola for him...No

- Could this result cost the Warriors a home semi?

No, the earlier losing streak would be at fault there.

- Did Witt do some bad field general kicking today ?

Yes, offset by goal kicking, defence and general play.

- Does Shayne Hayne use sun beds or a spray on tan?

Dont you think it just matches his dinky black shorts perfectly.

More questions...

-Gary Freeman talking up the warriors two games in a row, what's doin' there?

-Did that fella in the crowd (with the missing front teeth) not have the nastiest looking Moko you have ever seen, then add a pukana to that...

AliN

Live Update Team
yes, excellent write up.

Felt absolutely gutted.
We were the better team.
Well done to the boys for keeping their mouths shut. I'm sure us supporters made up for it.
Just coming to realise, 1 point is better than none.

Great finish, well done to the two teams for giving it their all.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
He was obsessed with Paea before the game.

Man I wish the Raiders had got up over the Cowboys.

MKEB...

Staff member
Fast Eddie said:
He was obsessed with Paea before the game.

Man I wish the Raiders had got up over the Cowboys.

In reference to Lauaki running off during interchange?

If the cows can get away with it.; then so can we.

shinobi

Juniors
Well just got back from the game and all i can add here is the atmosphere was awesome. Warriors had a good amount of support which is a big change from the usual dead crowds at most of their games here in Sydney.

Lego_Man

First Grade
That game was heart attack material. We nearly lost it twice, which was bad enough. i am glad the boys showed some guts and determination to hang in there...but the bullsh*t refs decisions regarding Simon's sinbin and then the golden point fiasco left a sour taste. If Mannering had stayed on, the game probably never would have gone to golden point. To be honest Wade's injury really crippled us in the 2nd half. There were a couple of half-breaks that he could have easily turned into something special. But really, the 1 point does us no good anyway, because our differential is already good enough to nudge above equal teams anyway.

The big negative i guess you could say was the kicking game...but in general i think it was a good test for the team.

Oh and one more thing....Hame...what an absolute beast. I really hope he can reproduce the sort of form he showed today. Manu too deserves special praise.

ozbash

Referee
Old Manu was inconsistent again....he is so damaging with ball in hand....when gets the ball in his hands. And his defence.....that one on one miss on Monaghan hurt.

are you serious ?
mannering deserted him again when they scored their first try, he ran in, missed his man and manu had to take 3 out by himself.

his defence was pretty good compared to his center.

Latest posts