What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Match Reaction

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I was talking of his one on one miss with Monaghan.

Plus his 5 errors didn't exactly help.....good with ball in hand though.

Iafeta

Referee
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
Did Lauaki play in that 2nd half. MIA

Do you think anything will come out of Ashley Harrisons so called head butt

Are you serious? I mean, honestly. That was Hame's best game for the club. A fabulous performance from him.

MKEB...

Staff member
that's one way of putting it...

We should of won that match despite the binning. Still match of the year though.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
A lot of negativity for an epic match imo

Yeah, and on top of that, a match of finals intensity. Rather we get tested occasionally like that before the finals than breezing in on the back of a bunch of one-sided victories.
A number of guys in the side have had little to no finals experience, this one point draw may prove to be more valuable than our last couple of wins. Overall, a lot of heart was shown over a long period of time by the team as a whole.

I know a lot of people hate golden point, but I love it and today was the perfect example of why. Heart in the mouth stuff, every minute.

Skinner

Coach
Auckland4ever said:
Yeah, and on top of that, a match of finals intensity. Rather we get tested occasionally like that before the finals than breezing in on the back of a bunch of one-sided victories.
A number of guys in the side have had little to no finals experience, this one point draw may prove to be more valuable than our last couple of wins. Overall, a lot of heart was shown over a long period of time by the team as a whole.

I know a lot of people hate golden point, but I love it and today was the perfect example of why. Heart in the mouth stuff, every minute.

Agree 100% A4e. A brilliant game and a great test for both sides.

To the Hayne haters (and I personally can't stand him at any time), he was neither
better or worse for either side. This "robbed" business is just parochial bullsh*t. Some
of you have been just a little cocky, and counting chickens whilst still in the eggs.

The Mannering binning was very warranted. When a player commits an indescresion
of that nature...he knows full well the punishment.

This is a wake up call that nothing is a given in this great game of ours. I have no doubt
that the Warriors can still earn a home semi....but they have to work bloody hard for it.

R & S, were you on the turps mate? That's the best game I've seen Hame have since
his junior days.

ozbash

Referee
The Mannering binning was very warranted. When a player commits an indescresion
of that nature...he knows full well the punishment.

:shock: one on one strips are sposed to be legal.

JJ

Immortal
I thought it was a pretty good performance by the Warriors really.

With the possible exception of last year, Grand Finals in recent years have often been won by teams that have a bench that adds real punch (I'm thinking of Penrith with Waterhouse and Pritchard, and the Bulldogs with Asotasi and SBW), and certainly the Wariors bench has that look about it.

Unfortunately a halves paring that can control the game and kick well is also a key feature, and yet again Rovelli and Witt's kicking games were abysmal.

Any news on McKinnon yet, they were a bit toothless without his support play in the 2nd half.

Hayne is a dead set joke, he should spend more time with a psychologist to sharpen up his objectivity and perhaps an optometrist, and less time on the f**king sun bed.

mattyj

Juniors
Auckland4ever said:

Skinner said:
To the Hayne haters (and I personally can't stand him at any time), he was neither
better or worse for either side. This "robbed" business is just parochial bullsh*t. Some
of you have been just a little cocky, and counting chickens whilst still in the eggs..

Absolutely spot on my mates

Blaze

Juniors
I can see why Mannering was sin binned. To the ref it would have looked like a blatant attempt to stop the Roosters momentum.

The Price strip obviously went against us but it would have been a pretty hard kick, especially for a league kicker considering they don't do much long range kicking.

We could have been penalised for offside when Roberts made that break and Wiki cut him down... just like they could have been penalised near the end when Witt couldn't get the dropkick away because the Roosters were offside.

The Penalty count went against us in a big way. There seemed a few home crowd influenced calls.

We shouldn't have got the ball back when Swann chucked it away after the tackle count was reset, and wtf were the commentators on about regarding Lauaki's second try coming on the back of a forward pass from Rovelli? Is it just me or am I the only one who couldn't see anything remotely wrong with that pass?

At the end of the day we should have took the dropkick when we were 12 up with 15 mins to go. Had we done that it would have been an easy win. Then again to snatch the 1 point when it looked like we had blown it was a bit of a consolation.

mattyj

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
It wasn't a one on one strip, it was a play the ball infringement. The tackle was long gone.

Yeah i agree mate, the roosters player was on his back and his next move would have been to get up and play the ball, the tackle was well completed. I actually don't think it was cynical from Mannering just a brain explosion.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Blaze said:
At the end of the day we should have took the dropkick when we were 12 up with 15 mins to go. Had we done that it would have been an easy win.

Fine to say in hindsight but we looked like we were comfortably heading for the win and most sides that play positive footy wouldn't have gone for the drop in that situation. Once Mannering was binned the drop goal was definitely on but we were only 6 points ahead by the time we got a chance for it.

Blaze

Juniors
SpaceMonkey said:
Fine to say in hindsight but we looked like we were comfortably heading for the win and most sides that play positive footy wouldn't have gone for the drop in that situation. Once Mannering was binned the drop goal was definitely on but we were only 6 points ahead by the time we got a chance for it.

well that's your opinion..

IMO the 1 point was definitely on. I said it at the time so it isn't really a hindsight thing.

JoeD

First Grade
On the Mannering send off : I thought it was fairly clear that Mannering had fallen off the player and the rooster could easily have gotten up and played on, much like Wade did against the Tits.

ozbash

Referee
agree joe, mannering was setting him up for the strip. hayne never called held because the tackle wasnt over. hayne bowed under pressure.

MKEB...

Staff member
If perrott had of got up and run, I doubt a penalty would have been called.

Latest posts