What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

post-Thurston era Cowboys

BLN2

Juniors
Morgans a bit of a flake, Barba will be interesting to see back, not sold though. He's there on a gap year which wouldn't fill me with confidence. Defence has question marks. I'm expecting a hot and cold season, should blow some teams off the park if they get rolling.

beave

Coach
Morgans a bit of a flake, Barba will be interesting to see back, not sold though. He's there on a gap year which wouldn't fill me with confidence. Defence has question marks. I'm expecting a hot and cold season, should blow some teams off the park if they get rolling.

Agree with all of that except the ‘Morgans a flake’ comment. He’s been very good since 2014, this season was an injury write off though.

AJB1102

First Grade
Agree with all of that except the ‘Morgans a flake’ comment. He’s been very good since 2014, this season was an injury write off though.

Agree. Morgan is a talent, 2018 was just a merkin to him. Healthy he is a weapon.

I reckon instead of Valentine moving up there, Morgs should bring the families to Cronulla. He's too good to wear that horrible jersey design the Cows are sporting, beave, I know you'll agree with that.

beave

Coach
Agree. Morgan is a talent, 2018 was just a merkin to him. Healthy he is a weapon.

I reckon instead of Valentine moving up there, Morgs should bring the families to Cronulla. He's too good to wear that horrible jersey design the Cows are sporting, beave, I know you'll agree with that.

Touchè.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
You’re a flake

This Year?

Immortal
The Cowboys should make the top 8, but JT13 can't do it alone up front. Injuries in the backline hurt their chances badly in 2018, plus the distraction of a player retiring (I can't remember his name though).

Annyong

Juniors
The cowgirls will be better for the run without Joeleen Thurston. Morgan will own the comp next year

butchmcdick

Immortal
If we get stuck I’d bet my left nut Carl Webb is ripping shit up the pre season

I’d go so far as to say he’s hitting the gym as hard as Mitch marsh is hitting them in the nets

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
If we get stuck I’d bet my left nut Carl Webb is ripping shit up the pre season

I’d go so far as to say he’s hitting the gym as hard as Mitch marsh is hitting them in the nets
You left out “enforcer”. Can’t leave “enforcer” out of the sentence when talking about fumbles mcpenalty

Dawesy76

Juniors
Morgan seemed to not know his role once JT came back. That seemed to hurt the side more than anything.

Maybe it was a case of too many chefs not enough cooks? Maybe Morgan just struggled to ‘find his place’ in a side that had become his.

It was so weird how they didn’t gel last year given how well they had done together previous years.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
We needed some new ideas in attack and some blokes that can pull something out of their ass when it looks like the attack has broken down. Cue barba and nene

Travitoh

First Grade
When Morgan is hot he is as good as anyone in the comp but when he isn't much more than another average half imo.
Even in 2017 it was only the last month or so that he turned it up and they Bradbury'd their way to a GF thumping.
They won't be amongst the rabble of the comp but i don't think they'll be playing finals in 2019.

Latest posts