What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your NSW side (squad of 30 or near)

_snafu_

Immortal
With Hayne I know his proven, but at this stage of his career he needs to be a bit cooler with incidents, like on the weekend. (its cost him 2 games)

That's a good reason to have in playing SOO. You need mongrel and aggression.

Panfas

Juniors
1. J Hayne (Parramatta)
2. M Gordon (Penrith)
3. J Idris (Canterbury)
4. M Gasnier (St Geo Illa)
5. A Uate (Newcastle)
6. K Gidley (Newcastle)
7. J Mullen (Newcastle)
8. K Snowden (Cronulla)
9. R Farrah (Wests)
10. A Tolman (Canterbury)
11. G Bird (Gold Coast)
12. A Watmough (Manly)
13. P Gallen (Cronulla)
---------
14. T Mannah (Parramatta)
15. T Grant (Penrith)
16. L Lewis (Penrith)
17. J Soward (St Geo Illa)
---------
18. T Learoyd-Lahrs (Canberra)
19. J Dugan (Canberra)
20. B Scott (St Geo Illa)
21. C Heighington (Wests)

Tweed Titan

Bench
1 Hayne
2 B Morris
3 Gasnier
4 J Morris
5 Uate
6 Soward
7 Mullen
8 Snowden
9 Gidley
10 Weyman
11 Scott
12 Bird
13 Gallen

14 Tolman
15 Mannah
16 Young
17 Heighington

If I see one more person not pick Watmong in their team I'm going mental. And for Beau f ucking Scott of all people.

Short f ucking memories of origin performances people.

leo9999

Juniors
1.Hayne
2.B.Morris
3.Gasnier
4.Idris
5.Uate
6.Soward
7.Mullen
8.Tolman
9.Farah
10.Mannah
11.Bird
12.Watmough
13.Gallen

14.Gidley
15.Weyman
16.Snowden
17.Lewis

Dazraider

Juniors
This wont be the side but would like to see this team take the park

1.Dugan(if fit he does deserve a chance even though he hasn't played much this year)
2.Uate
3.Cooper
4.Idris
5.Hayne
6.Soward(best kicking game in the comp must be selected)
7.Mullen
8.Snowden
9.Farah
10.Tolman
11.Hindmarsh
12.Gallen
13.Bird

14.Learoyd Larhs(out of form but proved his worth last year)
15.Gidley
16.Mannah
17.G Stewart

18,Gordan
19.Lewis
20.A Minichello
21.Pearce
22.J Thompson
23.Gasnier
24.Ferguson
25.Hoppa
26.Watmough
27.Heighnington
28.B Morris
29.J Morris
30.Weyman

Last edited:
01 K.Gidley(c)
02 A.Uate
03 J.Idris
04 M.Gasnier
05 B.Morris
06 M.Pearce
07 J.Mullen
08 K.Snowden
09 D.Young
10 T.Mannah
11 L.Lewis
12 G.Bird
13 P.Gallen

Interchange - R.Farah, A.Tolman, T.Learoyd-Lahrs, B.Creagh

Spot On

Coach
Can NSW afford to be interchanging Weyman after 15 mins??? Can we carry a prop who can't play many minutes at this level?

jbl31649

Juniors
Can NSW afford to be interchanging Weyman after 15 mins??? Can we carry a prop who can't play many minutes at this level?

If they pick mannah, we probably could. Replace Weyman for Mannah, then leave Mannah out there for the rest of the game and rotate the others.

SET2JT

Juniors
1.Dugan
2.Uate
3.Gasnier
4.Idris
5.Hayne
6.Soward
7.Mullen
8.Snowden
9.Farah
10.Weyman
11.Creigh
12.Gallen
13.Bird

14.Learoyd Larhs
15.Gidley
16.Mannah
17.Watmough

RHCP

Bench
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Akuila Uate
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Josh Morris
5. Michael Gordon
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Robbie Farah
10. Kade Snowden
11. Luke Lewis
12. Paul Gallen
13. Greg Bird

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tim Mannah
16. TLL
17. Anthony Watmough

MisterB

Juniors
1. Jarryd Hayne - Stewart had his chance and injured too much, Hayne has more X Factor than Dugan
2. Brett Morris - he'll be in the Aussie side
3. Mark Gasnier - he could be in the Aussie side
4. Jamal Idris/Michael Jennings - either one would be great and I would find room for both
5. Blake Ferguson - inform winger but could have Jennings too
6. Jarrod Mullen - Mullen on form over Soward. No Carney makes way for either
7. Mitchell Pearce - Incumbent, needs to finally step up
8. Kade Snowden - No.2 NSW forward on form
9. Robbie Farah - More creative & Ennis just wants to fight, not needed
10. Aiden Tolman - No.1 NSW forward on form
11. Anthony Watmough - If off-field dramas improve he may even be in the Aussie side
12. Paul Gallen - Awesome year so far, has shaped up and could be the captain. Will Prob be in the Aussie side somewhere
13. Greg Bird - Xfactor as ball playing forward

14. Kurt Gidley - Need to get over him being in the starting side and he is not an origin captain. More effective off the bench as a utility
15. Tim Mannah - Was there last year and leads the brigade for new generation
16. Luke Lewis - Experience off the bench
17. Chris Heighington - Needs to be there, one of the most consistent forwards in the last 3 years

Dean Young could be 18th Man.
Forwards who could be consisdered as back ups: Galloway, Gibbs, Learoyd-Lars

P.S. I would have put Hindmarsh in the team first and as captain but unfortunately he wont even get picked.

HINDMARSH for NSW CAPTAIN!!!!

Ant

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Uate
3. Gasnier
4. Idris
5. Gordon
6. Mullen
7. Pearce
8. Tolman
9. Young (would have Farrah, but don't think he is fit enough)
10. Snowden
11. Gallen
12. Lewis
13. Bird

14. Gidley
15. Heightington
16. TLL
17. Mannah

18. Ferguson
19. Soward
20. Dugan
21. Galloway
22. Jennings
23. Morris
24. Morris
25. Creagh
26. Watmough
27. Weyman
28. M Minnichello
29. Scott
30. King

Gee we have some props to choose from, not sure if any are as good as the qlders Civa, Hannant, Shillo and Scott, but most are young and on the way up. Snowden, Tolman, Mannah, TLL add more mature Weyman and King to the mix. Also I am a huge fan of Galloway he is hard to stop and rips in in defence. I think a bolter to start the first game.

I would keep Gordon, he is a great player and such a sharp shooter. Uate gives us speed and power.

Centres tough, I just wonder when Inglis faces up to Idris he suddenly can't man handle him like he does every other centre in the comp. If they can get Idris defending properly I would pick him. Gasnier gets the other spot if he is comfortable on the left.
I really think Heightington deserves a shot, he jus goes hard all the time, looks made for Origin.

Halves I am sure they will stick with Pearce, I would pick Mullen beside him myself.

Dragon2010

First Grade
1. Hayne- Great player always seems to step-up at Origin level and when he has support from high-performance team mates too. Can jump in out of the action as he pleases.

2. Uate- Great speed on the wing and a strong defender to.

3. Gasnier- Been great so far this year and only going to improve. We saw this against the Souths (Yes only one game) but has improved and a great center option. Pairs well with a winger and his flick-pass and a line break will cause a problem to a QLD pack.

4. J.Morris- If back in time and in form would be brilliant to have in the center with Gasnier. Great speed and ball-playing game.

5. Gordon- Great all round player on the wing with speed and defense. A solid player that will give 100% commitment.

6. Soward- This guy would be a great addition to the team. He can put intense pressure on the QLD team by his kicking game by putting them in a position where it makes offense tough for them and even with a bad set by NSW a Soward kick will ease the pressure a bit. His pin-point accuracy will prove pivotal in off-the boot tries and even a great goal-kicker to grab the two points. His defense is great currently.

7. Pearce- There is other options but I'm pretty sure Stuart is set on this guy. He's a good player and would be a good young to pair with Soward for the many years to come (Hopefully).

8. Snowden- Great player in form and with class plays. A absolute brick-shit house of a player.

9. Young- Would have Farrah but he has not quite clicked this year. Although "Form is temporary Class is forever" I think Young is a great committed player and will put some passion into the Blue's jersey. Not quite the speed machine or the mos creative but Pearce and Hayne make up for this. (Not just saying this as a dragons fan).

10. Weyman- Has been in the jersey before and a goo prop to play. Great power in moving only negative is his playing minutes are low. For his first return against the Souths gave 110% and really slammed the line.

11. Gallen (c)- No question. This guy is a great player always steps up a origin and influential on those around him.

12. Lewis- Great experience in rotation with the bench to provide an explosive effect in the opening then turned around again towards the end of each half for a quick change in the game.

13. Bird- The NSW X-Factor in the forward department and his ball-playing (lol) skills are remarkable when in form.

14. Gidley- As much as I see him being overrated his a good utility off the bench nonetheless.

15. Heightington- A very consistent forward that always tries and gives 110%

16. TLL- Great year last year hopefully his game steps up again soon.

17. Mannah- Needs to be here a great player and will be one of the NSW guns to play for the many years to come.

That would be my team.

Tigger Madness

Juniors
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Akuila Uate
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Josh Morris
5. Michael Gordon
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Robbie Farah
10. Kade Snowden
11. Luke Lewis
12. Paul Gallen
13. Greg Bird

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tim Mannah
16. TLL
17. Anthony Watmough
this is pretty much the team I would like to see.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
This is who I think are the top 30:

1. Hayne
2. Dugan
3. Uate
4. Gordon
5. Ferguson
6. J Morris
7. Idris
8. Gasnier
9. Lyon
10. Champion
11. Gidley
12. Soward
13. Mullen
14. Pearce
15. Mannah
16. Tolman
17. Snowden
18. Weyman
19. Grant
20. Galloway
21. Gallen
22. Lewis
23. Bird
24. Watmough
25. TLL
26. Heighington
27. Fensom
28. Farah
29. Ennis
30. Young

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Uate hasn't played a game of centre in his life, so why do people pick him there? Players are under enough pressure as it is in Origin. We don't need players playing out of position, especially players that are on debut!!! :crazy:

Edit: Sorry Spanner just read over it again lol. I still see from time to time a few people pick Uate at centre though.

Last edited:

jbl31649

Juniors
Uate hasn't played a game of centre in his life, so why do people pick him there? Players are under enough pressure as it is in Origin. We don't need players playing out of position, especially players that are on debut!!! :crazy:

Edit: Sorry Spanner just read over it again lol. I still see from time to time a few people pick Uate at centre though.

I guess this is the difference between us and a Queenslander, they just want to be picked to wear the Maroon - they'll play anywhere and give it their best!

Latest posts