What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potential Private Part Owner

macnaz

Staff member
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/we...g-stake-in-nrl-franchise-20160217-gmwn4t.html

CHRIS BARRETT

The major sponsor of Wests Tigers has revealed an interest in buying a stake in the NRL club in a development that paints the clearest picture yet of what the Sydney franchise's ownership structure will look like beyond next month.

Lee Hagipantelis, the principal of Brydens Lawyers, told Fairfax Media on Wednesday he would seriously consider the prospect of purchasing a share in the Tigers if, as expected, 50 per cent of the franchise is placed on the market in April.

Balmain's half share of the team will go up for sale then should they be unable to meet an obligation to repay $5 million in debt to the NRL, which has covered their bills for the past two years, by March 31.

Refer to link for full story.

Last edited:
Do we really want a bloke in his 80's steering the ship? He'd buy us out and is a real chance of kicking off in the near future, once again leaving us unsure what the future holds for us. With all due respect to him, he's probably better off just chipping in behind the scenes.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
What I see is a couple of guys - Harry & the Brydens guy - big noting themselves in the media by flying kites about how they might buy the club, but then not actually doing anything. It's just good publicity for them and an ego boost. They need to put up or shut up.

The Rosco

Bench
Well I definitely own my private parts.
Except occaisonally I wonder if my nads are in my wife's purse . . . .

Tigerted

Juniors
So true Ron's mate.They r all just egotistical windbags.Theres zero substance in talk & as a fan of WT accustomed to mediocrity & ineptitude across all aspects of the entity the notion of some long term salvation is pie in the sky !

At least Harry has chipped in the past with lengthy sponsorship and helping the club out with renovating facilities. Don't know how true it is but I'm told he is involved in non club affiliated TPA's now too.

This other merkin sounds like piss and wind at the moment, trying to get some publicity from his front of jersey sponsorship.

I don't think Harry is even as big a fan as people make out.
Certainly not big enough to throw that much money at for no personal gain.

macnaz

Staff member
I don't think Harry is even as big a fan as people make out.
Certainly not big enough to throw that much money at for no personal gain.

HAHA !! He is only worth 10.23 BILLION DOLLARS $$ He could buy the whole NRL if he wanted , Buying the Tigers is pocket money. Just be like a fan buying membership in comparison to his wealth . ;)

macnaz

Staff member
Did some sums.. $300 Membership to a person worth $100,000 is the same as Harry T spending a tad over $1 million . So 10 mill is virtually costing him about 3k in normal peoples money .

macnaz

Staff member
Who knows ? But anyway Wests arent selling their share so that would rule harry out.

Billythekid

First Grade
HAHA !! He is only worth 10.23 BILLION DOLLARS $$ He could buy the whole NRL if he wanted , Buying the Tigers is pocket money. Just be like a fan buying membership in comparison to his wealth . ;)

I think you misunderstood what he meant though. There is no doubt he can afford to buy the club, it would barely make a dent on his bank account. The question is if he's actually a big enough fan to do that. I would say if he has that much money he probably would have done it by now if he wanted to.

macnaz

Staff member
I think you misunderstood what he meant though. There is no doubt he can afford to buy the club, it would barely make a dent on his bank account. The question is if he's actually a big enough fan to do that. I would say if he has that much money he probably would have done it by now if he wanted to.

Yeah fair enough , i guess it hasnt been up for grabs before.

I used to be a Balmain fan but then Wests Tigers came along...

x 2.

I've been a Wests Tigers fan longer than I was a Balmain fan now.

They'll always have a place in my heart but WT is where it's at for me now. WT gave us a premiership which is something that Balmain (or Wests at the time,) were looking like they were ever going to give us.