What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potential signings

mmap dragons

Juniors
You obviously have no idea or don't watch much of to twenty's because there is plenty of talent there.
I take it then you've seen every 20's game the Dragons have played? I've got fox and from memory fox have only had two matches covered.

Can't say my post mentioned anything about a lack of talent. Do you consider second last a good representation of what you perceive as talent?

Considering your post, you may need to rethink your interpretation of having no idea.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Next.

Last edited:

The Nick

Bench
I take it then you've seen every 20's game the Dragons have played? I've got fox and from memory fox have only had two matches covered.

Can't say my post mentioned anything about a lack of talent. Do you consider second last a good representation of what you perceive as talent?

Considering your post, you may need to rethink your interpretation of having no idea.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Next.

The whole purpose of lower grades is to develop first graders. Whilst it's nice to win everything, it's not really the point. If it was you would just pick the biggest/most physically developed kids to represent at Harold Matthews level and ignore all the kids who could be developed into potential NRL players but are a bit behind on puberty.

If winning all the lower grade competitions was an indicator of "talent" then the Warriors and Panthers should be NRL powerhouses.

The fact is a lot of NYC teams could even be missing their best players because they are getting conditioned for NRL football with QLD and NSW Cup sides or even already playing NRL. For example, our NYC side is missing their best player in Euan Aitken.

Long story short - who cares where our NYC team sits on the ladder? The only thing that matters is NRL and developing talent.

stevejay

Juniors
plenty of talent and they are last, huh

It's been well documented that this years NYC squad are young and inexperienced. A year younger than their opponents. This is a big deal when talking about teens. Saw them only once this season and was impressed. Dufty is a gun.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
Matt Dufty , Isaac Thompson, Jacob host, Hame sele and Luciano Leilua are all players that have the potential to play first grade

So from what I've been reading lately and suspicious rumours these are the players we are looking at:

Kurt Mann
Cameron Munster
Zeb Taia
Mose Masoe
Russell Packer

The likelihood of us signing or needing them all is unlikely so who are the players you would like to see sign with us and why? The players who would be near definites to come next season would be Packer and Mann from what I can see, with Packer playing lock as he is being groomed to play for the cutters and Mann to in the centres with mata'utai moving to the wing.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Considering we are lacking a bit of speed in the flanks, I wouldn't mind seeing glymin or Thompson given a crack on that left wing. But I guess we are a real chance of going deep ino the semis this year, we can't risk blooding any more juniors.
Still, I do remember the roosters blooding RTS and Topou in 2013 when they won the comp.

Minh

First Grade
Our best signing has been Sir Peter Mulholland

He deserves a lot of credit and the coaching staff, this club was a mess after 2014 and I would never have dreamt at the start of the year that we'd be pushing the likes of the Roosters, Souths and Bulldogs this year.

At the beginning of the season I predicted us to make the 8, but to be badly out gunned by those top teams. Very proud of this team whether we win it or not, they have a lot of heart this team.

V

Vasilevsky

Matt Dufty , Isaac Thompson, Jacob host, Hame sele and Luciano Leilua are all players that have the potential to play first grade

No chance of any of them slotting in on the wing at the back end of this season? How old was Gaz when he made his first grade debut on the wing?

Nathan Brown was a disaster but as a talent scout, judging by the players that came into first grade under him, he was surely among the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
They are all very green.

I hope Leilua has a better attitude than his brother. He is fat as f**k for an 18 year old elite player.

The rest all have promise, but are a bit green. We are in the running for the premiership, so they won't just be blooding players if they aren't screaming out for selection. And, when the NYC is running last, I can't see too many getting a call up this year.

I do like Thompson and Sele.

saint06

Juniors
Are the 20s running last a result of some of the better players playing NSW Cup, as the club have previously done??

giboz71

First Grade
The whole purpose of lower grades is to develop first graders. Whilst it's nice to win everything, it's not really the point. If it was you would just pick the biggest/most physically developed kids to represent at Harold Matthews level and ignore all the kids who could be developed into potential NRL players but are a bit behind on puberty.

If winning all the lower grade competitions was an indicator of "talent" then the Warriors and Panthers should be NRL powerhouses.

The fact is a lot of NYC teams could even be missing their best players because they are getting conditioned for NRL football with QLD and NSW Cup sides or even already playing NRL. For example, our NYC side is missing their best player in Euan Aitken.

Long story short - who cares where our NYC team sits on the ladder? The only thing that matters is NRL and developing talent.

Spot on.

It's a breeding ground for any kids (locally or otherwise) that have been earmarked to make the jump to FG. Some get conditioned in NSW Cup, some (like Aitken) go straight to FG.

There will be lucky to be 1 or 2 in every class that will make an impact in FG. We let 2 of our very best go (Hastings and Bird). Dufty is probably the only one of the current squad that is likely to make the jump next year.

watatank

Coach
Spot on.

It's a breeding ground for any kids (locally or otherwise) that have been earmarked to make the jump to FG. Some get conditioned in NSW Cup, some (like Aitken) go straight to FG.

There will be lucky to be 1 or 2 in every class that will make an impact in FG. We let 2 of our very best go (Hastings and Bird). Dufty is probably the only one of the current squad that is likely to make the jump next year.

hutchison is playing nsw cup while eligible for under 20s. Fonua blake also eligible but got suspended due to that assault case. Aitken obviously in nrl. Bird obviously at sharks now. Crook overage and in nsw cup now.

Those were our best players last year. And losing hastings year before didnt help either. dufty is probably next but hard to make the same impact when everyone knows how dangerous he can be. Theres a few others who are good players but are young and need more time

The Nick

Bench
Does anybody remember the Kennedy twins from the first year of NYC?

Also what ever happened to Matt Mundine?

stg666

Juniors
mundine went to souths and did nothing . a chance addin fanua blake will play next year i have been told .

Latest posts