What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potential Tigers In Origin?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Hell yeah ,great side! Imagine the suspensions tho lol.

Imagine the 'fun' in earning the suspension- whacking a few banana benders. Man, those guys would not have taken a backward step for the Blues. Seems the Blues have lost that aspect of their game these days.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wests Tigers team of the 70's and 80's
1 - Garry Jack
2 - Ross Conlon
3 - John Dorahy
4 - Geoff Starling
5 - Warren Boland
6 - Scott Gale
7 - Tommy Raudonikis
8 - Steve Roach
9 - Ben Elias
10 - John Donnelly
11 - Paul Sironen
12 - Les Boyd
13 - Wayne Pearce

14 - Bruce Gibbs
15 - Bob Cooper
16 - Larry Corowa
17 - Arthur Beetson

Just off the top of my head

Magpies Forever

Juniors
1 - Garry Jack
2 - Ross Conlon
3 - John Dorahy
4 - Geoff Starling
5 - Warren Boland
6 - Scott Gale
7 - Tommy Raudonikis
8 - Steve Roach
9 - Ben Elias
10 - John Donnelly
11 - Paul Sironen
12 - Les Boyd
13 - Wayne Pearce

14 - Bruce Gibbs
15 - Bob Cooper
16 - Larry Corowa
17 - Arthur Beetson

I'd have loved to have seen them running around together. Imagine.......

Vic Mackey

Referee
play freeman at 6

would there ever have been a more aggressive and niggling half combination in history?

b.bear

Juniors
lets be get real here robbie and gall are just not tough enough mentally to play origin they are too used to playing in spurts in club games let alone 80 mins of SOO,we see it every week these lapses and nodding off during games it gives me the s...s .

lets be get real here robbie and gall are just not tough enough mentally to play origin they are too used to playing in spurts in club games let alone 80 mins of SOO,we see it every week these lapses and nodding off during games it gives me the s...s .

Tell me a hooker that plays for 80min from NSW then?

macnaz

Staff member
1 - Garry Jack
2 - Ross Conlon
3 - John Dorahy
4 - Geoff Starling
5 - Warren Boland
6 - Scott Gale
7 - Tommy Raudonikis
8 - Steve Roach
9 - Ben Elias
10 - John Donnelly
11 - Paul Sironen
12 - Les Boyd
13 - Wayne Pearce

14 - Bruce Gibbs
15 - Bob Cooper
16 - Larry Corowa
17 - Arthur Beetson

1 - Garry Jack
2 - Russel Mullins
3 - John Dorahy
4 - Geoff Starling
5 - Alan McMahan
6 - Scott Gale
7 - Tommy Raudonikis
8 - Steve Roach
9 - Ben Elias
10 - John Donnelly
11 - Paul Sironen
12 - Les Boyd
13 - Wayne Pearce

14 - Bruce Gibbs
15 - Bob Cooper
16 - Larry Corowa
17 - Arthur Beetson

Ditched Boland and Conlon :)

youngun

Juniors
galloway is our best chance. i think weyman and perry will start with galloway and white on the bench. perry plays very short minutes so they'll need to pick 2 props on the bench

if lawrence has a blinder in CvC he might jag a spot

farah will depend on who the halfback is, if its kimmorley they'll pick ennis, if its anyone else i think farah will get the nod

Good post and spot on the money I think!!

The other part going in Lawrence's favour is that Jennings is injured, Cooper is on the outer and Morris is out injured as well.

super_coach

First Grade
Galloways form has not been flash, he must have one of the slowest play the balls in the NRL. His defense is good, but I just think he is to slow for that sort of game. On what I have seen in the last month I would pick the grub Ennis before Robbie.Although still better than most no9's in the comp Farah's form has been way off for a long while. On Lawrie white legs, I think he would be ideal for SSO, can play it hard and dour or can play the flashy stuff.

The way we are going I hope none get picked we need them fresh for our games

b.bear

Juniors
Galloways form has not been flash, he must have one of the slowest play the balls in the NRL. His defense is good, but I just think he is to slow for that sort of game. On what I have seen in the last month I would pick the grub Ennis before Robbie.Although still better than most no9's in the comp Farah's form has been way off for a long while. On Lawrie white legs, I think he would be ideal for SSO, can play it hard and dour or can play the flashy stuff.

The way we are going I hope none get picked we need them fresh for our games

Exactly , I think the only player who should be there from the tigers is this kid ,"tough as" and he aint no showboat.

If last night is anything to go by, we should be seeing Farah in the 9 and Keef on the bench.

Then again we'll probably end up with some myths like Perry, Ennis and White.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Don't think Farah did enough last night personally. Don't get me wrong, he was solid but, much like his games for the Tigers this year, he didn't dominate. Ennis did nothing wrong either but as he's the incumbent he'll get the nod.

Galloway on the other hand should be in the side. Based on the two matches last night I'd be leaning towards:

Dugan
Hayne
Lyon
Idris
Morris
Keating
Kimmorley
Weyman
Ennis
Galloway
Gallen
Lewis
Bird

Gidley
Watmough
Snowden
Mason

Again, that's based ONLY on last night's games. Based on how much the commentators were salivating over Young (f**k knows why), he'll be on the bench and hopelessly out of his depth. Gidley will probably be fullback although he'd be my third or fourth choice there. Keating was the stand-out half in the game last night, although Kimmorley had a solid game. It's going to be interesting that's for sure. End of the day though, Queensland will still be able to select a better side so I expect them to win.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The first game will be close, as Queensland has a fair few players injured or just coming back from injury.

One Tiger we are forgetting who is a definite Origin bolter this year is Lote Tuqiri.

I reckon Queensland will name something along the lines of:

1 - Slater
2 - Tuqiri
3 - Inglis
4 - Tonga (If selectors continue to snub Folau)
5 - Boyd
6 - Lockyer (c)
7 - Prince
8 - Shillington
9 - Cronk
10 - Civoniceva
11 - Thaiday
12 - Costigan
13 - Harrison

14 - Scott
15 - Webb
16 - Crocker
17 - Fien/Tate

munge

Juniors
Tuquiri is a very good chance.

Farah may get in in game 2 or 3 if they feel the Blues are lacking Attack.

Galloway and Lawrence will be a bit down the pecking order, relying on a few injuries probably to get them there.

MacDougall

First Grade
If Tuqiri is the only Tiger selected I'll be forced to support Queensland lol.

Same as supporting City when I'm from Coffs Harbour.

youngun

Juniors
After the CvC game I think we will be lucky to have any players in the NSW side. If anyone possibly Keith will sneak his way into the team, I still maintain that Lawrence is another season away from a call up.