What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre Game Music

brooksy19

Bench
Remember that classical music they used to play before semis in the 90's ? What was it? they did play it before saints v parra last month.

Geez, I've got the tune in my head but have NFI what it is called. Sorry dude, but yeah, they played it before every bloody finals game. Good tune though.

But on the subject of pre-game music, does it not sh!t people off as much as me to hear the music keep going well after the ref has blown time on?? It happens all the time and its one of those things that makes me see red. The dickheads in the soundbooth need a rocket fair up the khyber pass for letting that happen.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
look up Ric Flair on your music program and somthing like the nature boy should come up and thats the one i think u r thinking of...i think

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Its a John Williams piece, its definately the Olympic Spirit, it was done for the Seoul Olympics. That music gets me pumped up for a big game. They should do it for next weeks games and the GF, its not the same these days.

dragondad

First Grade
I was just thinking about this today!

The best one is Puff Daddy feat. Jimmy Page - Come with Me

Do any other Canberra fans know the pre-game music they play at Canberra Stadium? It's driving me nuts. I can hum the tune, but the song doesn't have many words besides "yeah yeah yeah!" so it's not like you can search for lyrics...

Red Bear

Referee
I remember the first semi i went to in `996, Bears v Dragons and hearing that music was so inspirational.

Morenito

Juniors
There was a thread on this exact topic about 3 weeks ago. Ive gone through the archives but i cant find it. By the end of it pretty much every song was stated in that thread.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Its the Olympic Spirit because I referred to that topic about 3 weeks ago and I d/l it and it was the right one.

GoTheBears said:
I remember the first semi i went to in `996, Bears v Dragons and hearing that music was so inspirational.

I thought you would have found the High School Brass band at North Sydney Oval inspiring. Where were they from again?? They were actually pretty good.

Speaking of bands at Grounds, I remember they used to have a band at Shark Park in the late eighties/early 90's from memory, and they used to play under the stairs on the Eastern Grandstand. Where are they now.......

brooksy19

Bench
Yep, i d/l olympic spirit yesterday. Great track.

Ive added it to my Tigers CD for the drive down the pacific highway for tommorow nights game.

hrundi99

First Grade
dragondad said:
I was just thinking about this today!

The best one is Puff Daddy feat. Jimmy Page - Come with Me

That song is actually a cover or "re-imagining" of Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir".

Latest posts