What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predict your team to take on manly

bartman

Immortal
Predictions for Kearney's team - no changes other than mind games about whether Hayne will play or not:

1. Hayne (or Burt if not fit)
2. Burt (or Sio if Hayne is out)
3. W. Tonga
4. Morgan (or E. Tonga if fit)
5. Sio (or Blair if Hayne is out)
6. Roberts
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. Keating
10. Allgood
11. Hindmarsh
12. Lasalo
13. Maitua

14. Maguire
15. Moimoi
16. Poore
17. Paulo

...and I predict the team will play like busteds for a third week in a row, unless Kearney goes. :crazy:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
My side would be:

1. Hayne
2. Blair
3. W. Tonga
4. Horo
5. Sio
6. Roberts
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. McGuire
10. Poore
11. Hindmarsh
12. Fui
13. Maitua

14. Keating
15. Allgood
16. Tautai
17. Paulo

Starting with three props to ensure we have plenty of go-forward, we need a postive start and the best while to do this is to make plenty of metres. McGuire to start to take advantage of the go forward three props will bring - he seems to be more creative around the ruck then Keating.

Morgan dropped as that side seems to be leaking to many points - Horo played centre last year and went ok defensively.

bartman

Immortal
If I was in SK's shoes, I'd make similar changes Joshua.

Our right side leaked, so we need to plug it with some smart defence. If Ben Smith was available, he'd go straight to centre. Horo is available, so why not try him in Morgan's place, and shift Morgan out to the wing (and let Blair learn a little more in lower grades)? That's assuming Hayne is still out - if so, Burt was itching to contribute more and be fullback, which would free Sio up to return and contribute strongly from the wing.

Surely SK needs to rotate Keating and Maguire at dummy half every 20mins, and keep things fresh.... If Keating can play longer, then leave him out there in the final 20 as a tackling extra lock or something? Just keep the dummy half/service area fresh and fast please coach!

Something was going wrong in defence with our edge forwards marking up properly too imo. I'm not sure what the answer is there though... SK has had Tautai and Shack as 18th men this season - probably time to give them a shot at least from the bench? (And with Shack's facebook stuff, who really cares? Just fine the guy $5K for stuffing up, and then get him on the field asap to prove what he can add to this rabble.)

hindy111

Post Whore
1Hayne
2Sio
3TONGA
4HORO
5GAGAN
6Paoulo
7Sandow
8Mannah
9Roberts
10Moi Moi
11HINDY
12Reni
13Keating
14 Mcguire
15 Poore
16 Allgood
17 Toutai

hindy111

Post Whore
Ive always thought roberts would make a good hooker.Why not try him.And MK ive always thought make a good lock.
Horo would be a better option than morgan-atleast he can break the line-Gagan or vai vai on the wing.Thou happy to keep blair he just cant defend
Paoulo would do a nice job at 5/8 i liked when he come on and almost played a bit like one.he can throw a nice ball too.
Lets shake it up baby now

salvy71

Juniors
1. Gonzo
2. Scooter
3. Dr Bunsen Honeydew
4. Beaker
5. Animal
6. Kermit the Frog
7. Lew Zealand
8. Fozzy Bear
9. Miss Piggy
10. Rowlf
11. The Swedish Chef
12. Sam the Eagle
13. Dr Teeth

14. Camilla
15. Floyd
16. Crazy Harry
17. Sweetums

Coached: Statler and Waldorf

Surely they'd be just as good as the other 17 muppets?

Absolutely ridiculous post ....Animal should be in the forwards !!

emjaycee

Coach
1 Hayne
2 Blair
3 W Tonga
4 Sio
5 Atkins
6 Roberts
7 Sandow
8 Mannah (c)
9 McGuire
10 Allgood
11 Tautai
12 Moi Moi
13 Matuai (c)

14 Keating
15 Hindmarsh (c)
16 Shackelton
17 Paulo

We need to start with a bit of mongrel and some power in the pack.
I think it is time Fui moved out wide and become a fast, aggressive wide running back rower, targetting the fringe and getting the ball away to faster men. We bought TT back, so lets play him and see what he has to offer these days. Hindmarsh is getting tired doing all the work from the opening whistle, leave him on the bench and bring him on after 20-30 to cover for the others when they tire.

If Sio can handle Centre and to all reports he played some junior football there, then give him a go. His speed off the mark and ability to get through a tackle or two is what we need out wide (Reddy played a similar role in 2010). Blair and Atkins are both potentially good strong finishers at the line and both can take some dummy half hit ups after kicks.

We need 3 captains and we need them named.
If attitude is one of our key problems then time to name some future captains and let the team know that there are leadership options out there. Hindy can lead the "old brigade" so they wont be pissed... Mannah can lead the "young guns" who have been with the club for a while and Reni can lead the newbies. Leadership doesnt have to be just with one person and we are clearly lacking leadership on the field (and off it).

Last edited:

phantom eel

First Grade
I like what you've done with the captains there emjaycee. Naming a couple means Hindy can feel freer to take a break, or Kearney can feel freer to start him from the bench in different weeks.

Mannah seemed to act as captain in Hindy's absence so would be a shoe in, and I was impressed how Mannah gathered the side behind the tryline while the Panthers were making their final conversion, and tried to have a huddle and conversion about hwat went on out there.

But we'd need another for when both of those guys might be off the field. Maitua might be the only guy that anyone else listens to?

As long as Kearney adopts the most basic of interchange logic, of swapping hookers every 20 mins, then we're a chance of keeping teams guessing and getting less tired in dummy half delivery.

While not a fan of his footy show comedy, Shackleton is right to be pissed at being overlooked for the likes of O'Hanlon and so long as he's been punished for his facebook/twitter statement Kearney should include him in the 17. Tautai has also been 18th man but not been given a shot while we've lost the first four games - this week there has to be some changes.

SeftonBoy

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Blair
4. W.Tonga
5. Atkins
6. Maitua
7. Sandow
13. Horo
12. Lasalo
11. Hindmarsh
10. Poore
9. McGuire
8. Mannah

14. Moi Moi
15. Allgood
16. Paulo
17. Roberts

phantom eel

First Grade
Hmm, that's a positive for a pressure game.

Hayne
Burt
W. Tonga
Sio (there's no-one else left to try)
? Morgan
Roberts
Sandow
Mannah
Keating/McGuire (20min stints each)
Allgood/Poore (maybe start Poore for some variation)
Hindmarsh
? Paulo (played more minutes than Lasalo last week)
Maitua

McGuire/Keating (with both on for final 20mins, and Roberts somehow getting a break)
Moimoi (but after 15-20mins, not after 30mins like last week!)
Poore/Allgood
? Tautai/Shackleton/Horo (something different, why not)
Wenty: Lasalo, Blair

Djay

Juniors
Hayne
Sio
W. Tonga
Morgan (unfortunately)
Blair
Roberts
Sandow
Mannah
McGuire
Hindmarsh
Lasalo
Paulo
Maitua

N.Smith (anyone but Keating)
Allgood
Fui
Poore

Not much to work with really.

Noise

Coach
Joseph Paulo plays edge forward, anyone got any thoughts on how he might go in that centre position we can't seem to fill? f**k me dead if morgan is picked their again

countryeel

Juniors
quite like this team,better with poore starting he dosen't seem to make much of an impact off the bench like fui dose.