What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predicted Top 17 For the Gold Coast (Titans?)

Misanthrope

Staff member
I know he's not a world-beater, but Luke Quigley is off contract, and a damn good defender (making 50 or more tackles a game most weeks). He wouldn't be a bad investment.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
thats the class i put friend in quigley a little big better dont offer alot of spark in attack just always do the 1%'s u need to be competitive i mean lets all be serious here they prob wont win the title in the 1st yr but its important to bulid from the ground up

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Pistol said:
Adrian Vowels??????????

Isnt he in his 40's playing in the queensland cup?

Vowles is playing for Burleigh and hits as hard as ever. No way is he in his 40's. He was one of their best forwards against Redcliffe this year.

bender

Juniors
Kiwi said:
I just hope they don't just target big names, fringe players and up and comers will be just as important, if not more so.

i would like to see them go with the following side:

1. CressbrookBears2. CarneyGC3. LeisBears4. Neuman5. PetersonParra6. HaydenBears7. CampbellGC13. VowlesBears12. LafranchiGC11. McAllisterWynnum10. GreenhillWynnum9. FriendDevils8. BaileyGC14.O'FlanaghanBears15.HoodEasts16.TanieuluDevils17.LaingBears
This would give them a decent base of 17 players (more players would be added solely from the 3 feeder teams) and would give them plenty of room to move under the salary cap. It would allow them to pick and choose 3-5 big name State of Origin players and 3-5 up and coming reserve graders. Although they would only need to pick the best and if they didnt get that many, then so be it. Of names being currently floated around, you could add hopefully:

Lyons, Prince; and
Greenshields, Inglis, Parfitt

If they get those players, they get them, but if they miss them, then so be it. And i am sure that more will crop up by the end of next year.

So far we've got

2. Brian Carney
5. Matt Petersen
6. Preston Campbell
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
11. Anthony Laffranchi

17. Luke O'Dwyer

Kingytek

Juniors
Corbin said:
That Michaels kid is pretty damn good!

Some other players who i really recomend are

Travis Burns
Luke Young
Aaron Mercer...
Daniel Dumas (will propaly sign with either UTC or Knights from my sources)
tyran Smith (gd for experience, will be his like billionth club though!)
Jared Taylor
Tame Tupou
Adrian Vowles (see Tyran Smith)
Mark Henry (saw this guy in the City vs Country QC rep game looks really gd!) Herewini Rangi (very versitle can kick goals)
Shane Perry
Rob Tanielu
Jeremaih Pai
Jason Barsley
Neil Sweeney

Might be seeing Adrian Vowles back in the Gold Coast Jersey! He's in good form at the age of 53. Maybe we could get Darren Smith aswell....
http://qrl.com.au/display.php?pg_id=881

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
bender said:
i would like to see them go with the following side:

1. CressbrookBears2. CarneyGC3. LeisBears4. Neuman5. PetersonParra6. HaydenBears7. CampbellGC13. VowlesBears12. LafranchiGC11. McAllisterWynnum10. GreenhillWynnum9. FriendDevils8. BaileyGC14.O'FlanaghanBears15.HoodEasts16.TanieuluDevils17.LaingBears
This would give them a decent base of 17 players (more players would be added solely from the 3 feeder teams) and would give them plenty of room to move under the salary cap. It would allow them to pick and choose 3-5 big name State of Origin players and 3-5 up and coming reserve graders. Although they would only need to pick the best and if they didnt get that many, then so be it. Of names being currently floated around, you could add hopefully:

Lyons, Prince; and
Greenshields, Inglis, Parfitt

If they get those players, they get them, but if they miss them, then so be it. And i am sure that more will crop up by the end of next year.

That team wouldn't win a game..

fourxman

Juniors
What about Greenshields from the Dragons. The big league mentioned he would possibly be interested in a move the GC. Specially since he hasn't got a club atm.

Kingytek

Juniors
Mate, would be happy to pick him up. He seems to be able to do the job....
Unfort, the GC Team said that it's not likely to pick any more players up this year. Hopefully he gets a one year option somewhere to make room for us in 07

I think we need another First Grade quality prop to go with Bailey, a FG fullback and a workhorse 2nd rower or lock.

Alot of those players from QLD cup will come into consideration for the bench. I'd say you'll find at least 10 current (or already experienced) first grade players in the squad.

We won't get Inglis or Lyon. Prince is a possibility, but if he is having success at the Tigers and they're giving him enough money, he won't go anywhere. If we don't get Prince I'd say our half back will be McConnell from the young guns.

thickos

First Grade
Three Queensland boys are off-contract for the Raiders in 2006...

Alan Rothery
Marshall Chalk
Phil Graham

I have a horrible feeling we're gonna lose one (if not more) of those three to the GC. :(

iggy plop

First Grade
The person who put Tyran Smith in a prospective Titans' side is a very good comedian.

He is obviously hoping this version of the Coast will be on a par with the Giants and Seagulls.:lol:

Latest posts