What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predictions - Top 4 & Top 8

shaggs

Coach
He was due for a f**k up. Been like it entire career.
Average, great, f**k up. Rinse and repeat

Quigs

Immortal
Sheeze give me another 4 or five weeks and I reckon I might be able to give you a reasonable opinion on how we (the Sharks) and as a matter of fact, how a lot of the other side-aroonies are going.

Forming a serious opinion after one game is ummmmm, a tad premature.

SadShark

Bench
Sheeze give me another 4 or five weeks and I reckon I might be able to give you a reasonable opinion on how we (the Sharks) and as a matter of fact, how a lot of the other side-aroonies are going.

Forming a serious opinion after one game is ummmmm, a tad premature.
What's wrong with being premature? It happens to everyone for Kerysts sake!!! 1. Take flowers 2. Press doorbell 3. As door opens, splooooont.

Quigs

Immortal
What's wrong with being premature? It happens to everyone for Kerysts sake!!! 1. Take flowers 2. Press doorbell 3. As door opens, splooooont.
That long !!!!

And since when did 'yours' have doorbells?

It will take 4 weeks to get idea on how all teams line up.

Remember up and Cows 2015, after 4 rounds last and 2nd last, and we both made finals, we would have been top 4, except last round loss to Eagles

Frenzy.

Immortal
It's just a guess mate. I think Holmes will take some time to get settled at fullback, I think Bird will find it more difficult without Holmes on his wing. I also think we need to Heighno a rest and bring in Capewell. Also the loss of Ennis is huge, Brailey did well but Ennis brought us alot of trys last year too.

I think the likes of Storm, Raiders, Panthers, Roosters and Warriors will fight for top 4. I see us in the bottom half of the 8.

I'm not yet convinced Humphrey will even play fullback. I take some stock in what Michael Ennis says and he said in the pre game show before the Broncs game that he believes the team would be more stable leaving Humph outside Squigs and having Beale at fullback.

Might be just his opinion but he's close to the action still so he might of been flagging something not expected

Card Shark

Immortal
Have some faith RCB.

The guys really earned some faith points last year & I cant fathom how we will miss the 8.

Too many good players....& consistent!

You'll get teams like the panthers, Titans, dogs, Tigers, Warriors that'll have good runs..but they'll also have bad runs.

I'm really looking forward to how we handle the loss of Ennis & Barba, I reckon we have the ticker to give this comp a shake.

Don't think we will win it as its nigh on impossible but we will be in there swinging!

Inferno

Coach
Dont even bother looking at our form unitl after rnd 4. We will be surprising a few teams & pundits after that. Seggy will be massive difference.
Im just so pizzed that the club far cupped with Benny. That is our last hurdle to be back to back.

He would have missed half the season anyway.

MilkShark

First Grade
I'm not yet convinced Humphrey will even play fullback. I take some stock in what Michael Ennis says and he said in the pre game show before the Broncs game that he believes the team would be more stable leaving Humph outside Squigs and having Beale at fullback.

Might be just his opinion but he's close to the action still so he might of been flagging something not expected
Interesting. I honestly think Holmes is an amazing winger, I'm yet to be sold on his fullback ability.

Beale at fullback, gee I hope he learnt some things against the Broncos if that's the case.

Have some faith RCB.

The guys really earned some faith points last year & I cant fathom how we will miss the 8.

Too many good players....& consistent!

You'll get teams like the panthers, Titans, dogs, Tigers, Warriors that'll have good runs..but they'll also have bad runs.

I'm really looking forward to how we handle the loss of Ennis & Barba, I reckon we have the ticker to give this comp a shake.

Don't think we will win it as its nigh on impossible but we will be in there swinging!
look i think we will be in that 5th to 12th mixed bag mate.
we could miss out if we dont gel early.
given that we finish the season with heaps of away games.

i thought we played a bit sloppy but did alright.

I thought we were clunky & ordinary through the first half of las year, but we kept winning.
I thought Maloney was rank average until origin
Benny was our shining light the entire way. We need to say sorry, & bring him home.

shouldn't have taken drugs..again. simples

hard to get done on coke as well.
that's why ive always been shady on that Wendell ban. obvious tip off.

Inferno

Coach
I thought we were clunky & ordinary through the first half of las year, but we kept winning.
I thought Maloney was rank average until origin
Benny was our shining light the entire way. We need to say sorry, & bring him home.

Sorry for what? He's made the stupid decision to take a cheeky line in the EXACT SAME CIRCUMSTANCES he got caught 1 year prior. Therefore he's solely responsible for the position he put the club in.

Even if we had retained him he would have been suspended for half the season which means whether he was on the books or not we were still going to be scrambling to find someone to replace him weeks before the season commenced. Even when the club was willing to keep him on the books at the last minute he turned his back on the club, refused to serve his suspension and buggered off to French Rugby.

I like Ben Barba. He is easily one of the most talented players to every put on a black white and blue jersey. But claiming he was harshly treated by the club, or that he is owed an apology is absolutely ludicrous.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Despite him only playing the one productive season for the Sharks - Benny will always have a massive soft spot in every Sharks fan for the huge impact he had in our premiership, At the end of the day guys like Benny.....Toddy etc will always make poor choices at certain times but must be accountable to the club/league that pays them huge salaries for their relatively short playing careers. Sharks have nothing to apologise to Benny for...time to move on and be grateful that he kept his shit together for long enough for us all to realize the dream of a Sharks premiership.

Sorry for what? He's made the stupid decision to take a cheeky line in the EXACT SAME CIRCUMSTANCES he got caught 1 year prior. Therefore he's solely responsible for the position he put the club in.

Even if we had retained him he would have been suspended for half the season which means whether he was on the books or not we were still going to be scrambling to find someone to replace him weeks before the season commenced. Even when the club was willing to keep him on the books at the last minute he turned his back on the club, refused to serve his suspension and buggered off to French Rugby.

I like Ben Barba. He is easily one of the most talented players to every put on a black white and blue jersey. But claiming he was harshly treated by the club, or that he is owed an apology is absolutely ludicrous.
Depends on if ya want to win again or not!!! I do.. Halving his salary, when he would have actually been upgraded, was stupidity of the highest order & why he isnt still with us.
The holier than though attitude, is what sent this club drifting for 50 years. Enough.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Think now we've all tasted that elusive premiership we all want it again but realistically it was always going to be unlikely to be back to back Coifey. I'm more interested in ensuring that the club places itself in a position to have several more chances at winning another comp within the next decade or so. Still have a rock solid crack each and every year (this year included) but realize that plenty of things went our way to make it happen last year.

shaggs

Coach
Depends on if ya want to win again or not!!! I do.. Halving his salary, when he would have actually been upgraded, was stupidity of the highest order & why he isnt still with us.
The holier than though attitude, is what sent this club drifting for 50 years. Enough.
Are you high?

How the f**k was the club supposed to say "Ben, you are suspended for 12 weeks. Now we are going to upgrade your contract and pay you more money to do less. Hopefully this season isn't the shit season you always have after you have a good one. Anyway here is a pile of cash. Don't spend it all on blow."

The merkins at news and those other ones who work at fox would have had a field day.
What's the message here kids? Do blow, get suspended and then get paid more?

We are very fortunate we got a full
Season from him. The dogs got one and we got one. Apart from that the guy is easily distracted.

For all of humphreys perceived miscomings from you, he keeps out of trouble apart from the taxi incident, plus he is young and able to get better.
Ben was already good. He just can't get his head sorted for more than 12 months in a row.

He got us a premiership. He f**ked up. The end. Move on

Latest posts