What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

preimer league

OZ FACTOR

Juniors
who seen the game sharks lost but their were some good players i though number 14 was one of the better players but did not get much game time

ali

Bench
That was Dale Newton. As always he was hitting hard in defence, but I decided after today he doesn't offer much going forward.

Saleh got 2 trys early, one from Franze's usual move, and played very confidently there after. Makisi looked dangerous in attack, but has his moments in defence. Like first grade (except today), we were split fairly easily up the middle.

Oborn looked ok, except I wasn't happy with commitment chasing a Roosters break. If he'd put in, he would have been in between the player who made the break and his support, but just didn't do the extra yard and the Roosters scored.

Mellars didn't seem as lazy as Reefy has suggested. I thought he was one of our better players.

Number 21 can't catch. He looked young and nervous, may have come straight up from the under 18's.

As I think did the halfback, if my memmory is right. Reece Blaney was his name and he played ok. Looked confident, but most of his kicks were ineffective. Do we even have a kicking coach? His scrum partner Aitken only kicked 3 times, and one was a shocker, another quite inventive. But his kicking game has gone up shit
creak, it used to be good. Overall he looked ok, his defence is the one thing that has improved a lot this year.

Davidson played quite well.

Simmo wasn't at his best. he threatened to carve them a couple of times, but didn't get too far. He let a bomb bounce early that led a Roosters try and also was steam rolled by prop late in the game.

BUT, he smashed a Rooster in a try saver a few minutes earlier. Easily the best tackle I've ever seen him make, but there's still work to do.

Overall I thought we played well and were hard done by on a couple of crucial calls, for line drop outs. It was a fairly good standard game.

Aitken's people arent happy with the club right now
They think he should be in first grade

And I'd be interested in hearing a second opinion on Blayney - how bad was he?

Latest posts