What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

PhilGould

Bench
There's nothing egregious in the article either, he says he's not going to take less money than he's guaranteed while also being told to pack up and relocate his young family. Regardless of how he's performed no one in their right mind would do any different in his position. Goodwill from the fans doesn't pay the mortgage.

Hard to tell without seeing/hearing the quotes but the Herald's version made it sound like he was being positive about the Dolphins re: the "not wanting to go to a bad club" comments.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The DSaf comments are understandably irking a few people here but tbh if my employer told me they didn’t want me and I should find a new job despite the fact that I had a contract in place with them for 2 more years I’d be feeling pretty shitty about it. I know it’s easy for us to sit here and say he’s a “pea heart” or a “wage thief” etc but we don’t know what sort of injuries these guys are playing with or what goes on at training etc because unless I’m mistaken, none of us here in this forum are involved in any of the day to day stuff at the club. If anyone is however, you’re more than welcome to share your insight.

So, when it’s made public that he’s getting asked to move on, he’s supposed to say stuff like “Fair enough, I’m shit and they should fire me” or “Thanks Knights for tapping me on the shoulder and asking me to move away from where my family is just so you can say you fixed your own f*ck up”

Yeah right, like as if any of us would take it well being told to leave a job when you’ve got a contract that you haven’t breached or broken in any way.

The DSaf comments are understandably irking a few people here but tbh if my employer told me they didn’t want me and I should find a new job despite the fact that I had a contract in place with them for 2 more years I’d be feeling pretty shitty about it. I know it’s easy for us to sit here and say he’s a “pea heart” or a “wage thief” etc but we don’t know what sort of injuries these guys are playing with or what goes on at training etc because unless I’m mistaken, none of us here in this forum are involved in any of the day to day stuff at the club. If anyone is however, you’re more than welcome to share your insight.

So, when it’s made public that he’s getting asked to move on, he’s supposed to say stuff like “Fair enough, I’m shit and they should fire me” or “Thanks Knights for tapping me on the shoulder and asking me to move away from where my family is just so you can say you fixed your own f*ck up”

Yeah right, like as if any of us would take it well being told to leave a job when you’ve got a contract that you haven’t breached or broken in any way.
ok Jacob

perverse

Referee

You're supposed to handle it behind closed doors, not yapping to journalists. That's what a professional does anyway. It's not a good look to go chirping to the media about it, and it only gets up the arse of supporters that have watched him having a bludge for the last few years (like myself).

I get what you're saying, but he either knows he's been bludging or is dead set in denial about it for mine and comes across as an absolute prat in those quotes.

perverse

Referee
Sorry but there is NFW that Turbo went to Manly and said “I’d like to pay you back $750K” that’s totally BS. Basically the media wanting to write a good story about one of their favourite players.

Players always say stuff like “I’d play for free” or “I’ll be at X club until I retire” blah blah blah but none of it means anything.

There’s literally no way that Turbo with his injury history is writing a cheque for $750K and handing it back to Manly. Absolutely ludicrous…
Well no, he'd be taking a paycut on future earnings, not writing a cheque. He turns 28 this year and DCE doesn't have long left. He wants to win a premiership, and the cap space would help them. I can certainly believe those conversations may have taken place.

Latest posts