What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prelim Final 2: Storm v Dragons *match thread, live updates Saturday*

Godz Illa

Coach
Ice777 said:
History counts for nothing and come Saturday it's a whole new ball game.
I agree. Records were made to be broken, so if the Dragons stay focused, take it one game and give 110% they'll give it a good shake. On paper it is an intriguing matchup but we don't play these games on paper. There's no love lost between these two teams, with all the bad blood it's safe to say these two teams don't like each other. The Dragons can't look past these guys or take them lightly, if they keep their game faces on it's gonna be a war out there. There's no question about the talent in the Storm, your Greg Inglises, your Cameron Smiths, your Billy Slaters, if you're Nathan Brown you'd be struggling to find a weakness. But the Dragons have turned the corner, gotten over the hump and raised the bar. They seem to have realised there is no I in team.

with thanks to Benny Elias

Noa

First Grade
I think the greater athleticism of our (Storm) pack will be the key to us winning. The Broncos and to a slightly lesser extent Manlys packs are quite big and go well moving North and South but not so well east and west.

Our props are big but mobile so they can match Bailey and Ryles and more importantly our back-rowers are very agile and can cover alot of ground. Keep your eye on Kaufusi this weekend, he might of come of age 2 weeks ago.

STORM 30 - dragons 18

petetheileet

First Grade
Godz Illa said:
I agree. Records were made to be broken, so if the Dragons stay focused, take it one game and give 110% they'll give it a good shake. On paper it is an intriguing matchup but we don't play these games on paper. There's no love lost between these two teams, with all the bad blood it's safe to say these two teams don't like each other. The Dragons can't look past these guys or take them lightly, if they keep their game faces on it's gonna be a war out there. There's no question about the talent in the Storm, your Greg Inglises, your Cameron Smiths, your Billy Slaters, if you're Nathan Brown you'd be struggling to find a weakness. But the Dragons have turned the corner, gotten over the hump and raised the bar. They seem to have realised there is no I in team.

with thanks to Benny Elias

In other words...
to put it perfectly

Parra Guru

Coach
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20462371-5001023,00.html

Gasnier boosts Dragons' hopes
By Iain Payten and Steve Mascord

September 23, 2006 12:00

ST GEORGE Illawarra's hopes of a grand final berth were boosted last night with star centre Mark Gasnier passing a fitness test and taking his spot in the Dragons side to meet Melbourne tonight.

Gasnier, who has been struggling with an abdominal injury, pulled up without soreness after a searching training session at WIN Stadium and last night spoke of his relief at being able to play tonight at Telstra Stadium.

"I'm really relieved to have passed my fitness test," Gasnier told The Saturday Daily Telegraph.

"It's been touch and go for most of the week but I really stretched out well."

Gasnier vowed midweek he would not put himself ahead of the club, and would not play unless 100 per cent.

An unconvincing training run on Thursday night appeared to suggest the Dally M centre of the year would not play, but Gasnier declared he will enter the game in good shape.

"The rehab every day has worked and I'm feeling great. I wouldn't play if I wasn't right," Gasnier said. "It's going to be a great game. I can't wait for it."

Gasnier's inclusion is good news for Dragons fans.

The red and whites are chasing their sixth straight win in tonight's Telstra Stadium preliminary final against the Storm and have impressed fans with their patience in the finals.

When asked where the long-absent maturity had come from, captain Trent Barrett said: "If anyone knew that, we wouldn't have lost many games at all over the last few years.

"The good thing is it's come around at the right time of the year for us.

"No one can really put their finger on it but everyone's putting in and we're doing the little things right, (for) which we've been criticised in the past."

Interchange forward Ben Creagh said the state of football nirvana was part mind, part technique.

"It's a 50-50," Creagh said. "We've got it happening and hopefully we can."

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wow. Last I read he was "in extreme doubt" and "unlikely to take the field"

Good news for Saints. He carved it up a few weeks back before that injury.

Timmah said:
Wow. Last I read he was "in extreme doubt" and "unlikely to take the field"

Good news for Saints. He carved it up a few weeks back before that injury.
Good news for the Storm. :D

Half fit players lacking match practice.

You'd think they'd learn from the dogs. :badgrin:

:sch:

Timmah

Staff member
Melbourne looked woefully complacent against Parramatta two weeks ago and deserved to lose that match. That aside, Saints will run riot tonight imo.

Mr Saab

Referee
Timmah said:
Melbourne looked woefully complacent against Parramatta two weeks ago and deserved to lose that match. That aside, Saints will run riot tonight imo.

Good win Melbourne

Ice777

Bench
Timmah said:

Woefully complacent? I'd put that tag on the puppies and not the Storm. Complacency maybe did creep in for us and we took our foot off the gas in the second half against parra, but the difference being is we got the job done and the Dogs got flogged after leading by 14 not to mention humiliated to boot :lol:

You never learn when to keep your gob shut do you Timmah :crazy:

salivor

First Grade
As much as I'd love to see Brisbane v St George mach III, I don't think we can beat your lot so I'll be donning purple and yellow tonight.

Timmah

Staff member
:|

They won 12-6 against 8th place. Not exactly inspiring.

Juniors
thats just it timmah, we didnt have to get out of 1st gear to beat a quality line up with everything to play for, we've been lookin to this game for months, i think a storm is coming, a big one...

lockyno1

Post Whore
The other factor and I know the Storm won't admit it, but Ingliss was OUT against the Storm! They are 100 times the side they were against Parra when Ingliss PLAYS!

Latest posts