What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preliminary Final: Bluebags v Titans 2010

antonius

Coach
Titans

Tittoolate

Why don't salary caps work?
745 Words
The writer looks at the age-old question of salary caps, why they stifle talent, cause heartache for players, clubs and fans. He goes on to examine the IPL cricket league, how it operates and could we do something similar with our game. Some good arguments put forward and the piece is well written.
Score 88

Amadean

Yet Lockyer is an Honourable Man
749 Words
The Broncos and News Limited. This piece looks at this relationship, and examines the repercussions of the Broncos missing the finals this year. The rather abrupt ending left me a bit cold, I found myself wanting to read on. Still there’s only so much you can fit into 750 words.
Score 87

TITs AnonymouS

Tail End of the Season
750 Words
It’s gotta be funny to make me laugh, and this did. It’s very hard to write comedy and keep it going for the duration, the writer achieved this for me. Simple subject that does lend itself to humour.
Score 89

tits&tans

Step Back
750 Words
The writer gives tells us how he tried to explain the game to a group of Chinese students. When you think about it and read his experience it’s not an easy task. Some of the questions asked at the end were quite amusing.
Score 87

Titanic

The Bench
749 Words
Going full circle. This piece uses the inglorious bench as a backdrop. Cleverly written.
Score 89

Bluebags

Muzby

The Heist
750 Words
Simple story telling, but even though I guessed what was coming I loved it. I can see the two villains as clear as day, and can imagine what they both got up to growing up. Good stuff.
Score 89

Ridders

'Nice work if you can get it'
732 Words
An eye opening interview, telling us about loyalty from a players viewpoint. Can’t argue with the arguments put forward by the player either. Certainly made me think.
Score 88

Gorilla

Straight rums … I’ve had a few.
750 Words
Very hard to write something that marries with a song or tune. This piece achieves that. It kept me reading and I really didn’t expect the ending. Original, and very readable.
Score 91

Willow

The Col hard facts
750 Words
A look at referees, some past refs, their role on the field, some of the controversial refs, and the writer’s favourite ref Col Pearce. Solid piece that covers a lot of ground without skimming over anything.
Score 88

Drew-Sta

The Winner Takes It All
745 Words
Fixing a game. Really I found this difficult reading, even after going through it several times I was struggling to piece it together.
Score 85

Result: - Bluebags 441 defeated Titans 440 POTM Gorilla.

Congratulations to both teams on a high quality game that really came down to the wire. The Titans were very unlucky they were consistent throughout their five posts. The Bluebags getting there with a piece that for me stood out.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
wowsers.. another close one..

commiserations titans.. there were some great peices in there.. and i must admit i was rather nervous as i read your scores..

thanks antonius for the quick marking.. :)

congrats bags, and well done gorilla.. the rums are on me :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Wow... how close is that?

Thanks for the fast marking ref. Thanks for the comments as well.

Great work fellow baggers, coming through at the 11th hour. And way to go Goz :clap: POTM and no regrets to boot. :D

Tremendous season Titans, loved the contest and high quality work. Really enjoyed tits&tans piece. :thumn

Good luck in 2011.

Titanic

First Grade
Yes, a very predictable outcome statistically, thanks boys for three years of great entertainment.

'Bags on you go to do what we all know you will do.

Thanks Antonius for not making us wait around.

gorilla

First Grade
aw, what a finish !
thanks ref, thank you ball girls.

Titans, you have brought out the best in us, and it is hard to lose anytime and by one point even harder.

'Bags, fire up that spa and pass that doobie, Titans yo' all welcome.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Titans, you have brought out the best in us, and it is hard to lose anytime and by one point even harder.

'Bags, fire up that spa and pass that doobie, Titans yo' all welcome.
Beautifully said Goz. These are the toughest games, the greatest to win and hardest to lose.

Congratulations all round and special congratulations to the Titans on a stellar season.

Tittoolate

Juniors
Well, there you go. Congratulations to the Bluebags and all the very best. Hope you feel great about the win.
Thanks very much ref for the speedy evaluation.

To the fine, intelligent, passionate and so-talented Titans: its been an honour and a privilege. This round showed lucidity, humour, talent and panache which pretty much echoes the submissions over the years.

Titanic I would like to record my admiration for your talent and your leadership. You stand tall and enhanced in the eyes of your teammates. Thanks bloke. M

Latest posts