What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preliminary Final - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 24th September 7:50pm @Accor Stadium

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are HERE WE GO! If you’d have said halfway through the year Souths would make the prelim no one would have believed you. Yet here we are what a second half of the season we have had storming home. Regardless of what happens tonight I am so proud of our club it’s been a fantastic ride everyone has given it everything and what a job JD has done in his first year as head coach. Every moment from last November at start of pre season has led to now another crack at it in such a massive moment against a team that we have had a fierce rivalry with the last few years a team that has been the benchmark in the Panthers. It’s time for revenge it’s time to get one back on these guys it’s time to remember all the pain we felt after that GF last year against these and the pain of the 2020 prelim. It is time to turn that into positive energy and to dig as deep as we can. Mum was saying to me she heard something that the great Johnny Sattler (as we know he’s very unwell) said someone quoted him on radio and that’s you have to be willing to die for this jersey THIS IS WAR and we have to dig extremely deep tonight defend like our lives depend on it. No one gives us a chance tonight everywhere you look or listen Penrith this Penrith that and that’s just how we like it being the underdogs we will need to draw on that South Sydney grit and determination I believe in these boys we have such a special group. What’s important is we control that emotion though and stay focussed on the job at hand.

Looking at Penrith as much as we cant stand these filthy arrogant pricks they are one hell of a team. Strike everywhere in Edwards, To’o, S. Crichton, Cleary, Luai, Api, JFH, Yeo, Kikau, Martin etc..... they are so well drilled and can turn it one from anywhere on the field so we can’t afford to fall asleep in defence at any point. We need to slow the ruck down as best we can and put pressure on Cleary especially with his brilliant kicking game. But we can’t just focus on that as someone else can pull off a massive play in a split second. For us we have a few out in Tom, AJ and Havili but I have faith in the guys coming in to do the job. What we did not have last 2 finals series was Trell this year we have him and we need a massive one from him tonight and from Cody too. It all starts off Murray though and I’m sure he will look to lead the way. We need massive games from all our pack as well. We need to match Penrith though in enthusiasm and cant get bogged down in our own end otherwise Cody and Trell cant do their thing. No doubt we have to take some risk and throw the ball around but we need to limit the errors we can’t make 15 errors like last week otherwise Penrith will hammer us. We must be clinical in all areas of our game not giving cheap penalties either and our kick chase needs to be bang on. I hope our back 3 have been practising because we will be under an aerial assault from Cleary.

Back at Accor we are tonight and I’m certain we will have 60percent of the crowd so we have a job to do to urge the boys on as well to make as much noise as we can let the boys know we are right there with them. Lets do all we can to get that extra penalty or six again. The boys have spoken about what a lift the crowd has given them the last 2 weeks well tonight I’m expecting over 50,000 and a sea of red and green. Most of all let’s just enjoy the build up into tonight. My nerves are building rapidly but we have to soak it all up too our 5th prelim in a row and as I said earlier nobody expected us to be here they all wrote us off and that just adds more fuel to our fire and motivation.

AS OF 7:47PM TONIGHT WHETHER AT THE GAME OR AT A MATES PLACE OR WHETHER YOU LIVE INTERSTATE OVERSEAS AS AN INTERNATIONAL RABBITOHS MEMBER EVERYONE ON YOUR FEET TONIGHT AT 7:47PM!!!

SHOULDER TO SHOULDER SHOW THE COLOURS PROUDLY CLAP YOUR HANDS STAMP YOUR FEET AND ABSOLUTELY SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT HERE THEY COME OUR SOUTH SYDNEY RRRRAAABBBBBIIIITTTOOOHHHHSSSSSSS!!!

LETS DO THIS EVERYONE FIRE UP THE MOST YOU HAVE ALL YEAR LETS GIVE IT ALL WE HAVE CHEER AND CHANT YOUR VOICE TIL NOTHING IS LEFT AND CLAP YOUR HANDS AS HARD AS YOU CAN!! WE ARE 80MINS AWAY FROM MAKING ANOTHER GF LETS DARE TO DREAM!!! GO YOU GOOD THINGS!!!

SSTID SSTID I KNOW I AM IM SURE I AM SSTID

SSTID SSTID I KNOW I AM IM SURE I AM SSTID

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

DO WHAT THEYRE DOING SOUTHS HOLD THEM DOWN LAY ALL OVER EM UP AND INTO EM AND AGAIN

STAND OFFSIDE SOUTHS THEYRE ONLY BACK 7 METRES

mxlegend99

Referee
Good luck tonight. Should be a cracking game. Grand final rematch to progress to the grand final. Hard to imagine either team giving anything less than 100% for 80 minutes.

Souths outs make me confident we should get the job done. But a lot can happen in 80 minutes. Either way its an all Sydney grand final again.

Nafedogg

Juniors
We found a way to win with a woeful completion rate against the sharks, we CANNOT do that with Penrith, they will destroy us. We hold the ball and complete our sets and we go along way. I hate Panthers but you have to respect what they have achieved over the previous 3 seasons. My only hope is tonight’s game isn’t decided by a dodgy call etc, just a fair tough contest.

I feel whoever wins tonight wins next weeks, let’s go!

southsport

First Grade
We found a way to win with a woeful completion rate against the sharks, we CANNOT do that with Penrith, they will destroy us. We hold the ball and complete our sets and we go along way. I hate Panthers but you have to respect what they have achieved over the previous 3 seasons. My only hope is tonight’s game isn’t decided by a dodgy call etc, just a fair tough contest.

I feel whoever wins tonight wins next weeks, let’s go!
On the positive side our defence has been strong and if we can frustrate the panthers we can get away with this one........but as you say our completion rate will need to improve.

callmack1

Staff member
Bunnies Season?: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/09/24/bunnies-season/

How the Rabbitohs can make the Grand Final: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/09/22/how-the-rabbitohs-will-make-the-grand-final/

Get hyped - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/09/22/get-hyped---panthers-v-rabbitohs/

'I had to grow up' - How Milne turned his life around after drugs dramas: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-...round-after-drugs-dramas-20220923-p5bkiy.html

The Souths threat that will trigger Penrith 'nerves' - and Cleary drill that will decide everything: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...g/news-story/6fdac3fbf0331a1c669acc4aebeb21d6

soc123_au

Staff member
Good luck merkins. Hopefully it’s a great game. See you all in a few hours to either gloat or congratulate.

Latest posts