What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preliminary World 7s Squad

Matt23

Staff member
I'd have Richardson there instead of Quigley...Smith should be there being the 2nd fastest at the club.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Sheesh, completely forgot about Richardson. I'd definitely have him in there. If Hughsey is out for as long as I hear, it'd be a good chance for him to show he's a prospect for the centre spot.

NEW SIDE
1: Seage
2: Tahu
3: Richardson
4: Smith
5: K. Gidley
6: Mueller
7: Abraham

8: Witt
9: Newton
10: Hall (if fit, otherwise Quinn or Quigley)

I don't think I'd risk Newton at this stage. He's creative when on his game, but he's hardly played in the last year. I'd give Quinn the run in your squad and save Newton for when it really matters. He's going to want to make everything he does count this year. There's very little to prove from his standing at the 7s.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I saw Clint in november and he said the doctors said his ankle was so bad that he may have to retire. He was also walking with a limp. He may not even be ready in time for the 7's.

knights 2004

Juniors
i've played schoolboy footy 7's with michael young and hes deadset mad. very fast, always hitting the holes, mad passer, and an amazing big hitting defender.
i realise this isnt schoolboy 7's. but he would still carve if he was included

northey

First Grade
michael toung is a very good football player. as i always watch the premeir league games i get to see a lot of the younger people on your team...young is always there and always giving 100%

Doctor

Bench
Bring it home Knights said:
I saw Clint in november and he said the doctors said his ankle was so bad that he may have to retire. He was also walking with a limp. He may not even be ready in time for the 7's.

All I know is that I've seen what he gets up to when he isn't playing football and let's just say his acting isn't going to be sufficient to maintain a footballer's lifestyle.

He won't be falling back on his acting career if he doesn't get back on the paddock.

Doctor

Bench
northey said:
michael toung is a very good football player. as i always watch the premeir league games i get to see a lot of the younger people on your team...young is always there and always giving 100%

Good footballer, great bloke. Quietly spoken, not into the media hype and not one for the pub-brawls and other notorious rugby league player activities when not on the field from what I've heard.

But he doesn't shirk from his responsibilities on the field - he isn't flash, he may not be the most potent attacking option but he won't slacken off just because you're losing. A very good prospect as long-term replacement material for O'Davis.

I've been pushing his barrow for years and it is good to see him finally receiving the attention he deserves but probably doesn't necessarily want.

Latest posts