What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preliminary World 7s Squad

parra_princess

Juniors
No worries about the comment Jedda 8)

The best 7's team in the world is Parra, they win it every year because they know it dosn't mean anything. And when it dosn't mean anything, you don't feel the pressure. And when Parra don't feel the pressure, they don't have anything restricting them.

In saying that, we need the Winners cheque this year (pokie tax etc) so we prolly won't win. nevertheless go parra and tamazoid Steve Witt best 7's player in the world? [-X I dont think so. After 1 Tournament? We'll see. I'd rather win the big one in October anyway.

Providence

Juniors
I'm sure the Knights coaching staff will pick a great team this year, I just hope they can stay in the competition for longer than last year.

Providence

Juniors
kiwi knights fan said:
Tyrie
Tahu
Simpson
K Gidley
Smith...

Chris Tyrie?? Mr. Hog?? You can't be serious.

Chris Tyrie would be terrible in 7's.

Firstly he's not quick enough, secondly his ball delivery skills are lacking and I don't need to highlight the fact that he's the biggest ball hog I've seen in a long time.

He runs the ball himself when it should be passed, and he passes the ball when there are gaps for him to run into.

The idea of a halfback is to be a play maker, not a ball runner. He should be there to give ball service. This is something that Chris Tyrie doesn't do very well at all.

In sevens format he'd be discraceful.

roopy

Referee
I reckon Tyrie will be lucky to hold his spot with the rapidly improving Bradley Wallace breathing down his neck, not to mention the current NSW U19 half Robert Duffy lurking just behind Wallace.
But still, not many halfbacks can perform behind packs of forwards who arn't holding their own, and the young Knights Premier League pack last season was outplayed nearly every week.
Tyrie has had two pretty ordinary years in a row, but if he could get a bit of confidence and show some of his 2001 form (when he had a great pack in front of him Esatheo, Matt Kennedy, Woolnough, Lowrie, Quigley, Jaques, Mueller) he could play some good footy still.
I think our Premier League pack is going to be really something this year, and Tyrie might start looking the goods behind them.

Tyrie has little time to go now. Witt will be in the halves, and it's only a matter of time till he gets the halfback spot. Getting rid of Bates seems to have bought Tyrie a small amount of time to impress.

IanG

Coach
How's this for sevens squad?

1. Andrew Johns(c)
2. Ben Kennedy
3. Kirt Gidley
4. Matt Gidley
5. Steve Simpson
6. Daniel Abraham
7. Reegan Tanner
8. Adam Wollnough
9. Luke Quigley
10. Steve Witt

Speaking of which when are the 7s on and will they be on TV?

keeney

First Grade
the chance of that team being run is ......none, hages wont risk johns or kennedy, simpson most likely not, i think matt gidley will still be recovering from his shoulder wont he? The rest probably would be the kind of players hages would run. does anyone remember the team from last year?

antonius

Coach
This was my team a few weeks ago.

O'Davis
Tahu
Hall
Quinn
Ennis
Kidley
Richardson
Witt
Abraham
Newton
Matt Kennedy
Simmo
Quigley
Price
Lowrie

I've modified it a bit.

I'd replace Robbie O with Seage

[/b]

keeney

First Grade
i'd have

seage
tahu
richardson
kidley
witt
abraham
simpson
woolnough
ennis
young

thats probably the strongest realistic team we would field

keeney said:
i'd have

seage
tahu
richardson
kidley
witt
abraham
simpson
woolnough
ennis
young

thats probably the strongest realistic team we would field

I wouldn't have woolnough hes a prop he get run around to much

keeney

First Grade
yhe probably but i tought he was the most mobile of the strongforwards left, you could replace him with newton i guess, or mueller?

roopy

Referee
Mueller's fend would probably be a great asset in 7's. He was our second highest try scorer in Premier League last season and most of those tries came from the big fend he has by pushing off a tackler near the line.
He also has an amazing workrate with his 65 tackle effort against Canberra being a club record. He can also play dummy half so he could let Ennis go to first reciever once in a while as well.

Official news is now out. Johns, kennedy, Buderus and Simpson will not be taking part in the 7s this year.

Smart decision.

antonius

Coach
The only one of them I am dissapointed isn't playing is Simmo, but that is not a major problem, there are quite a few mobile forwards that will fill his spot, even Richardson is big enough and quick enough, Ennis for Buderus, Witt/Kidley for Johns, I wouldn't have had Kennedy in the side anyway.

aqua_duck

Coach
Danish Moo Cow said:
Official news is now out. Johns, kennedy, Buderus and Simpson will not be taking part in the 7s this year.

Smart decision.
I think thats a very smart move by the club, realistically only Johns is a big blow as the others didn't really set the world on fire last year anyway.

I'd go

1.O'Davis (c)
2.Tahu
3.K Gidley
4.Hall
5.Abraham
6.Seage
7.Witt
8.Ennis
9.Richardson
10.Mueller

I think that would be a good squad, its got speed with Tahu, Seage, Richardson, creativity with Witt and Kurt, experience with Robbie O, and four players who can play in the forwards in Abes, Mueller, Ennis and Hall.

aqua_duck

Coach
IanG said:
How's this for sevens squad?

1. Andrew Johns(c)
2. Ben Kennedy
3. Kirt Gidley
4. Matt Gidley
5. Steve Simpson
6. Daniel Abraham
7. Reegan Tanner
8. Adam Wollnough
9. Luke Quigley
10. Steve Witt

Speaking of which when are the 7s on and will they be on TV?
Any 7's squad with not one outside back would struggle.

Matt23

Staff member
It's been reported on "other sites" that Johns, Kennedy, Buderus & Simpson will be playing the 7's :lol:

Latest posts