What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier League Grand Final

girvie

Staff member
North Sydney Premier League v Parramatta
Grand Final
Sunday September 30, 2007
3.55pm
Telstra Stadium

1. David Peachey
2. Reece Simmonds
3. Germaine Paulson
4. Yileen Gordon
5. Troy Boston
6. Beau Champion
7. Joe Williams
8. Scott Geddes
9. Daniel Irvine ©
10. Michael Greenfield
11. Shannan McPherson
12. Eddy Pettybourne
13. Ben Lowe

14. Jardine Bobongie
15. Conrad Ta’akimoeaka
16. Ryan Verlinden
17. Joe Falemaka
18. Greg Nichols
19. Eddie Paea
22. Valu Nasio
23. Isaac Gordon

Coach – Wayne Lambkin

Parramatta

1 Joel REDDY
2 Etu UAISELE
3 Taulima TAUTAI
4 Tony WILLIAMS
5 Iwi HAURAKI
6 Kris KEATING
7 Blake GREEN
8 Richard FA’AOSO
9 Matt KEATING
10 Junior PAULO
11 Weller HAURAKI
12 Todd LOWRIE
13 Brendan OAKE

14 James STORER
15 James GREHAN
16 Jeremy LATIMORE
17 Aaron WOOD
18 Justin HORO

COACH – RIP TAYLOR

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I have seen both these teams play in the final series and both impressed me greatly. This game is deadset going to go down to the wire IMO, and i will not be surprised if its decided in extra time.

Im going to tip Norths by 1. Joe Williams field goal in the 84 minute;-)

parra pete

Referee
It seems funny to me that Peachey/Williams/Irvine are eligible, and Cannings is not.
What are the qualifications?

girvie

Staff member
parra pete said:
It seems funny to me that Peachey/Williams/Irvine are eligible, and Cannings is not.

I believe they have to play more regular season games in PL than NRL, or 5 of their last 9 regular season games in PL.

Cannings only played 2 regular season games.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
Irvine played PL from about Round 10 in PL. Joe Williams time was split about 50/50 and the Peach played the last 7 or 8 matches there.

imasharkie

Coach
Girvie how is Jardine Bobongie going with you this year?

He came down from Mackay with huge raps on him, but never got the opportunity to play 1st's at Cronulla.

2 True Blues

Coach
He came thru Jim Beam cup and the Jets P/League as their signing originally I think. Good player I thought. Missed a finals appearance in 2005 when injured late in the season which was a shame, so hope he gets a run with the Bears during the big one.

2 True Blues

Coach
parra pete said:

Didnt you ask this last season on the jets forum when they named their side for the G/F. ?? Seems like deju vu.:lol: :lol:

2 True Blues

Coach
Panther_Daz said:
I have seen both these teams play in the final series and both impressed me greatly. This game is deadset going to go down to the wire IMO, and i will not be surprised if its decided in extra time.​

Im going to tip Norths by 1. Joe Williams field goal in the 84 minute;-)​

I couldn't think of a team that I would prefer to win this game more than Norths ( if jets are out ). Especially in the wake of the recent death of Jets and Bears legend Frank HYDE.

Hopefully they can do what the Jets failed to do last season, and score that one extra point. GO THE MIGHTY BEARS !!! :cool:

girvie

Staff member
imasharkie said:
Girvie how is Jardine Bobongie going with you this year?

He came down from Mackay with huge raps on him, but never got the opportunity to play 1st's at Cronulla.
He's going very well. He just won the North Sydney Player of the Year and the Supporters Player of the Year at the Bears presentation night tonight.

2 True Blues

Coach
innsaneink said:
Joe Williams isnt even PL standard today.....picked the wrong day to have an ordinary one

Was so thinking the same. No passion what so ever and crucial goal misses as well. Thanks for F/All Williams.

Sorry Norths. but I so relate to how you now feel. so so close, yet so far away. Thanks for the memories this arvo though. sorry guys about the result. :?

2 True Blues

Coach
played like he bet against them with some cash actually. f**kin pathetic. !!!

Is this the heart that we now see. With black rabbits on their shoulders.

Bazal

Post Whore
Shaddup Bagsy, you forgot to take your meds again :fist: :sarcasm:

Seriously though it was a great match and great to see Norths go around again

Latest posts