What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier League semi final: Raiders vs Dragons

edabomb

First Grade
greeneyed said:
I am dead sick of people getting on this forum and criticising Premier League and Jersey Flegg players when they have NEVER EVER SEEN THEM PLAY.

That is you Ed, Quinny... TR... SO SHUT UP and STOP CRITICISING PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN THEM PLAY and who make comment on them. You obviously get some peverse pleasure out of criticising the younger players who are coming up through the grades. But who knows why you want to? Just SHUT UP and enjoy their talents when they do come through the grades. If they don't... you don't have to care... AS YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM PLAY!!!!!!

You've never seen Elliott preparing a side for a match, yet you find numerous things wrong with how he does it.

And could you please quote these posts I have been making bagging off reggies players??? All I seem to remember saying is there is a huge gap between reggies and firsts, because some of you think our reggies side is better than our firsts :lol:

Canberra really should get you involved in some local theatre GE, I'd be happy to front a couple hundred $$ to buy you a stage dress.

jed

First Grade
greeneyed said:
I am dead sick of people getting on this forum and criticising Premier League and Jersey Flegg players when they have NEVER EVER SEEN THEM PLAY.

That is you Ed, Quinny... TR... SO SHUT UP and STOP CRITICISING PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN THEM PLAY and who make comment on them. You obviously get some peverse pleasure out of criticising the younger players who are coming up through the grades. But who knows why you want to? Just SHUT UP and enjoy their talents when they do come through the grades. If they don't... you don't have to care... AS YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM PLAY!!!!!!
Yeah, no being negative about the PL guys if you've never seen them, or at the very least you've got to toe the "company line" like some here, otherwise you're gonna be shot down in flames :p

Bay56

First Grade
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
You've never seen Elliott preparing a side for a match, yet you find numerous things wrong with how he does it.

And could you please quote these posts I have been making bagging off reggies players??? All I seem to remember saying is there is a huge gap between reggies and firsts, because some of you think our reggies side is better than our firsts :lol:

Canberra really should get you involved in some local theatre GE, I'd be happy to front a couple hundred $$ to buy you a stage dress.

I've seen Elliott prepare the side on only a few occassions but I've seen the results of his preparation on many ;-)

Bay56

First Grade
jed said:
Yeah, no being negative about the PL guys if you've never seen them, or at the very least you've got to toe the "company line" like some here, otherwise you're gonna be shot down in flames :p

wot yoo talkin abot jedski

isnt it "tow the company line" ?? ... (if it's not, accept my sincere apologies)

thickos

First Grade
Sums up PL's season. We either monster teams or get monstered ourselves. Whether it is all the young players learning about 'consistency' I don't know, but the match report sounded terrible and the Dragons definitely have the wood over us in PL.

IBG I think you were on telly in the main game mate... a guy in Raiders jersey + cap stood out like a sore thumb :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
1999 said:
just on a personal note i have seen them play, and they are raiders through and through, premiership threats one week, cellar dwellars the next, bottom line, like 1st grade, no consistancy, especially in the big games

jog on, you wank
these other people might'n know you, but i do

allow me to introduce you all to this git, this is my cousin, fanatical storm supporter, so fanatical infact he probably wont even go to the grand final if they make it... part time fan this bloke, couldnt give a sh*te when they are going badly, jumps back aboard when the storm start going well.

This bloke hasnt seen Raiders PL, he's been to about 3 games all year, none of have had the Raiders PL playing. He is a sh*t stirrer, nothing more, trying to take a leave from his little cousins book, but sadly he leaves alot to the imagination when it comes to trolling

Seems 1999 has better things to do then travel to and see his team play (his words, not mine), but has plenty of time to come and stir a few online personalities :lol:

Your a laugh 1999, granted im laughing at you, rather then with you, but a laugh none the less

jed

First Grade
Bay56 said:
wot yoo talkin abot jedski

isnt it "tow the company line" ?? ... (if it's not, accept my sincere apologies)
from http://www.grammartips.homestead.com/toetheline.html
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]"[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Toe[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow] the Line," [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]NOT[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow] "[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Tow[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow] the Line"[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]by [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Tina Blue[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]August 14, 2003[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]I saw it again today, this time in a comment on an article on a political website. It referred to reporters who mindlessly "tow the administration's line."[/FONT]​
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Um, that should be "toe the line."[/FONT]​
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]A lot of people who don't know the origin of the phrase picture someone pulling a rope, cord, or some other "line"--"tow the line"--as a way of working for whomever the "line" belongs to. Thus, if the administration has a "line"--[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]i.e.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow], a "party line"--then those who side with the administration help to pull it ("tow" it) along.[/FONT]​
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Wrong.[/FONT]​
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]The phrase "toe the line" is equivalent to "toe the mark," both of which mean to conform to a rule or a standard. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]The Oxford Dictionary of Word Histories [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow](Oxford: Oxford Univ. Press, 2002; ed. by Glynnis Chantrell) says, "The idiom [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]toe the line[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow] from an athletics analogy originated in the early 19th century" (514). [/FONT]​
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]The specific sport referred to is foot-racing, where the competitors must keep their feet behind a "line" or on a "mark" at the start of the race--as in "On your mark, get set, [/FONT]

go
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]!" [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]So one who "toes the line" is one who does not allow his foot to stray over the line. In other words, one who does not stray beyond a rigidly defined boundary.[/FONT]​

Apology accepted :lol:

reptar

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
This bloke hasnt seen Raiders PL, he's been to about 3 games all year, none of have had the Raiders PL playing. He is a sh*t stirrer, nothing more, trying to take a leave from his little cousins book, but sadly he leaves alot to the imagination when it comes to trolling

Your a laugh 1999, granted im laughing at you, rather then with you, but a laugh none the less

Not trying to pick on you, but you do this a lot... it's "you're" as in "you are". I know you probably don't care, but it just irks me for some reason. Everytime I read something like that I think "who does the 'a laugh 1999' belong to"? :crazy:

Raider_69

Post Whore
reptar said:
Not trying to pick on you, but you do this a lot... it's "you're" as in "you are". I know you probably don't care, but it just irks me for some reason. Everytime I read something like that I think "who does the 'a laugh 1999' belong to"? :crazy:

:lol: :lol:
now your having a laugh!
;-)

(westie education mate, we care little for spelling, so long as the point is clearly made :lol:)

jed

First Grade
reptar said:
114570oTvS_w.jpg

Perhaps Reptar needs a new banner?

SpellingNazi.jpg

:lol:

reptar

Juniors
jed said:
114570oTvS_w.jpg

Perhaps Reptar needs a new banner?

SpellingNazi.jpg

:lol:
Hahaha.. Jed, if I was a spelling nazi I would've said something a year ago. You can tell I'm bored at work today.

Bay56

First Grade
reptar said:

huh, that is a common error ...

another is the use of 'there' and 'their'

hrundi99

First Grade
Bay56 said:

It's common, and it's wrong.

Next thing you know the next generation will only communicate via SMS.

You should be proud of the English language and encourage it's correct use.

reptar

Juniors
Bay56 said:

Yes, it's common, but annoying. I don't expect people to edit their content relentessly, especially given the very short life-span of the usefulness of content in forums such as this. I understand that mistakes are made, and that I have on occassion confused "your" and "you're" and "their" and "there". However, Raider_69 confuses these on a regular basis, and I'm sure he's always keen to improve his communication skills. :)

Bay56

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
It's common, and it's wrong.

Next thing you know the next generation will only communicate via SMS.

You should be proud of the English language and encourage it's correct use.

I agree 100%.

But you may remember a few years back when I didnt get a lot of support regarding this matter, ie I was banned after an incident where I was giving free advice to Tonio :lol:

Juniors
the problem here u all take this game too seriously, it is just a game, one whcih very few of you have ever even played, and if u cant take a lil jab in the ribs every now and then grow some balls, coz u boys are the laughing stock of the forums not me, and im sure every one but u raiders fans will vouch for me too, all i said was PL were similar to feirst grade in that they choked on the big stage, so stop ur whinging and grow up, btw nicka, if i could get to melbourne every weekend i would, ive been to all their games that have been within a reasonable distance

Juniors
btw, stirring u gooses isnt even hard these days, u dont even make me work for it, if u were chickys i'd call u 'dead easy', cockheads

paulquinn49

Bench
1999 seems like a cool guy, keep posting here I say.

1999 you gotta realise that fans like Greeneyed prefer PL to NRL, because all his little heroes get picked there. Combine this with a perfectly good sh*t stir and Greeneyed's hate of anyone who doesnt live for PL and you get a sh*t fight.