What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier League v Panthers

Delboy

First Grade
This was the first PL game I have missed for a while.
Anyone see the game and report on the performance, given the big margin.
Seems we may have carved them up, I have been impressed with Jeremy Smith and Josh Cordoba this year.
Can anyone come in and let me know how the team went

Stagger eel

Staff member
he's a quick assesment of all the players that played.

Parra 54 b Penrith 6 [I think]

Basan: played his first game in premier league and scored 2 trys, not the flashiest fullback in the world but always close to the play, good backup man.

Reddy: played an uncustomery role on the right wing, scored a fine try but he's definetly a fullback and looked a little bored out there.

Delaney: I've tipped this kid to be our next first grade debutant, scored a great intercept try and showed good pace, upstaged his more experianced opponent Franze.

Graham: quiet.

Peterson: got involved in the match not sure whether he enjoyed being out there, also crossed for a try.

Jeremey Smith: another great game most definetly the quiet achiever of the team but plays like seasoned veteren, a great back up for first grade if we need him.

Marcus: quiet game, probably would prefer playing at second receiver rather than first,

Henry Pera: a good captains knock, feared that he may of re injured that ankle did play on though.

Zeb Taia: always in the mix but much better suited at prop.

Jack Afamasaga: unlike last week he actually held on the ball and looked busy all game.

Josh Corboda: Getting better and better was very mobile up the centre of the ruck and I thought upstaged he's more fancied teammate Cannings.

Dalton: if this guy was fitter than what he is he'd be knocking on Smoths door as a possible benchy if injuries hit us, very skillful from acting half.

Aaron Cannings: good game, slipped the odd ball but defenietly didn't set the world on fire.

Peter Lewis: a welcome return to premier league against his old club looked a little unfit but added some punch in attack.

James Storer: had a very mixed game, scored an intercept try was put on report for a high tackle and injured a knee.

Junior Paolo: ill disciplined was penelaised on about three occasions.

Weller Hauraki: a very welcomed return to premier league played well, and will be better for the run.

hope this helps,

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
Basan scored 3 tries

well, there you go, I'm sure there's plenty of players outthere who crossed for trys but I failed to acknowlege in my brief assesment.

scottyeel

Bench
Everyone who sees Joel Reddy play at fullback praises him as the next star. Why has he been moved to the wing?:?

PIG

Juniors
The fact that Reddy has been training with the full time squad and has been earmarked as the next player to make his top grade debut....and has been moved to the wing in Premier League suggests to me that one of our top grade wingers could be in some trouble re-taining his position......and it obviously aint Grothe.

Add to this that Williams has been promoted to 18th man and Petersen was told to get some game time in premmies...and it's clear that some decent wingers are beginning to circle around Burt...let's hope so anyway!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
everythings about burty isn't it? i'd be flattered if i were him :lol:

reddy is out of position because when he was injured they brought up basan who (IMO) has played to well to be dropped back down. there has been some shuffling and reddy (who can play wing quite compentently) has just happened to find a home in the #2

scottyeel

Bench
JessEel said:

reddy is out of position because when he was injured they brought up basan who (IMO) has played to well to be dropped back down. there has been some shuffling and reddy (who can play wing quite compentently) has just happened to find a home in the #2

Thanks Jess. How old is Basan?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Basan has been playing Flegg for a few seasons so his under 20 he's also the captain.

PIG

Juniors
JessEel said:

We'll see- the coaching staff have tagged Reddy as the next one to come into the NRL....they're giving him a run on the wing in a view to replaceing Burt. I'd be very suprised if Burt plays this weekend, something tells me the Penrith shocker will be enough to see him dropped- worst game i've seen by a top grade winger...and he's had some shockers!

Stagger eel

Staff member
PIG said:
We'll see- the coaching staff have tagged Reddy as the next one to come into the NRL....they're giving him a run on the wing in a view to replaceing Burt. I'd be very suprised if Burt plays this weekend, something tells me the Penrith shocker will be enough to see him dropped- worst game i've seen by a top grade winger...and he's had some shockers!

really??...you seem to have the inside info on that.

Let's do a deal, seeing that you'd be surprised whether he'd be chosen today, if he is in the team listed this afternoon, why don't you not come back on the forum until he's dropped? according to yourself it shouldn't be too long so you wouldn't have too long to wait.

If he does get dropped today, as you believe he will, you can bag him un opposed for the rest of the season. and I'll acknowlege it on my sig that PIG is always right??..but for that to happen he needs to be dumped from first grade today.

are you up for the challenge?

PIG

Juniors
eelavation said:
really??...you seem to have the inside info on that.

Let's do a deal, seeing that you'd be surprised whether he'd be chosen today, if he is in the team listed this afternoon, why don't you not come back on the forum until he's dropped? according to yourself it shouldn't be too long so you wouldn't have too long to wait.

If he does get dropped today, as you believe he will, you can bag him un opposed for the rest of the season. and I'll acknowlege it on my sig that PIG is always right??..but for that to happen he needs to be dumped from first grade today.

are you up for the challenge?

I won't come here until the next time he misses a first grade game, or isn't named in the first grade team- through either being dropped, injured, or suspended.

DEAL?

Stagger eel

Staff member
PIG said:
I won't come here until the next time he misses a first grade game, or isn't named in the first grade team- through either being dropped, injured, or suspended.

DEAL?

Yeah! I'm happy with that!...but my end of the bargain only applies if he's dropped today, as there seems to be a great deal of confidence on your part that he will be dumped from first grade today.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
uhoh... dealings... i didn't do that, right
shock.gif

Avenger

Immortal
eelavation said:
Yeah! I'm happy with that!...but my end of the bargain only applies if he's dropped today, as there seems to be a great deal of confidence on your part that he will be dumped from first grade today.

I hope you lose this bet buddy. ;-) Maybe you should extend it to game day as Reddy making his debut may well be announced about an hour before kick off. You know our Brian.

Avenger

Immortal
Hey Jess your bunny does not bounce on my home computer. Doesn't seem the same Jess without the bouncing.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
EEla doesn't have the [insert euthermism here] to do that

do you mean balls????......I'm happy to extend it till game day, but he needs to be dropped not replaced due to injury.

Latest posts