What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier League Wrap

This was a great performance against a solid Bulldogs Premier League side. That included an impressive Ben Harris.

Whilst we were out scored in trys by I think 4 trys to 2 our defence in Premier League worked really hard.

Dallalana's goal kicking and field goal proved the difference. His general field kicking is great too.

A couple of sour notes.

Dale Newton who had a solid game is on report for a head high tackle.
Vagg & Dumas are on report for a lifting/ spear tackle.

Doesn't look good considering a couple of their records in this department.]

Michael Russo I thought lacked a bit of mongrel in defence.

Jon Green. Wow this guy has first grade written all over him! Whilst they may not want to rush him into the first grade squad too early I think he could really add something to the team. Great runs and hits!!!

Hassen Saleh had a solid game. He took a brilliant intercept 80 metres out and he out sprinted everyone. Yeah he's not as slow as I thought and Reefy you may be right, he might be a solid winger for us.

But..........I can tell you with great confidence the Winger to watch is Demitri Pelo. This guy is similar to the way Utai barges, hits and spins and bounces his way through the defence. But still has great agility and speed. Once again I don't think they want to rush him into first grade but he has great ability to become a great attacking weapon.

Bickerstaff also impressed me in Premier League and might be a ready replacement for Isemonger in First grade. Made some great breaks and solid workrate.

Russell Aitkin was putting on some great balls for the outside backs where he would float them for the backs to run onto at speed. He set up a great try for Simmons where he ran to the blindside and then chipped towards the post for Simmons in a well rehearsed move. He certainly is gaining confidence.

We certainly have some talent coming through. I think it's a case of first grade next year for alot of these young blokes however.

Special K

Coach
Great to hear about Pelo. He is a f**king clone of Utai in looks too. He will be great when he gets his chance(hopefully not this year)

chili pepper

Bench
Certainly good news that we have some exciting youngsters coming through the ranks. I just wonder whether it may be worth taking a punt on some of them in the top grade this year, nothing ventured nothing gained IMO.

How did Russo go in attack - I've been looking forward to seeing him play.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well I'm shocked!!!!!
Looks like I got two in one day huh Millers?

I watched most of the PL game & Saleh had a cracker. Besides the intecept, his postional play continually stifled the dogs backs. it's great.

There is a reason those guys on report aren't in grade.

We all know about dimitri, especially anyone who watched any QLD cup.

& I get Dall & Aitken mixed up but they both went really well.
Sometimes thought I was watching a young Dykesy out there.

good report.

Good report, except for the omission of the score. I take it we lost.

Does that mean we are 0-6 after two weeks in all grades?

OZ FACTOR

Juniors
HEY REEFY WHAT are you on about dumas not looking good vagg got there when the tackle was finished newtons tackle came off the chest and as far as that is why there not in grade i think not you barfoon. :evil: :evil: :evil:

coolumsharkie

Referee
There is a reason those guys on report aren't in grade.

We all know about dimitri, especially anyone who watched any QLD cup.

Riddles riddles.....I have a decifer code deficiency, Open ended comments like these ones are annoying!

coolumsharkie

Referee
Sheros los Deros said:
Good report, except for the omission of the score. I take it we lost.

Does that mean we are 0-6 after two weeks in all grades?

Nah man...you'll be happy to know we won 17-16

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well Pogo & OZ on on the same night. how weird.

To clarify for the brain dead,
Anyone who watched QLD cup or went to any Burleigh Bears games, knows how good Pelo is.

Why they aren't in first. Sorry, I meant to say top 25. because they have dicipline or technique problems. Or both.

But thanks for picking me up OZ, sorry Nobby, ya little fargwit.

We won? To quote Desmond Tutu "Yippee"

If we were outscored 4 tries to two, who was kicking for the Dogs? Jarrad Anderson? :lol: :lol: :lol:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
you cant be Nobby then, sometimes known as NRH.
He would never have said that.

So I'll take some of the fargwit line back.

:lol:

ghoti

Bench
If we were outscored 4 tries to two, who was kicking for the Dogs? Jarrad Anderson?

Haha! YES! YES HE WAS! We were giving him heaps from the hill. f**kin ugly bastard.

Latest posts