What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premiership triumphs DVD

Gene Krupa

Referee
Seeing as there is no Knights game this weekend, I decided to invest in the new double DVD of the Knights premiership wins. And, having just watched the '97 GF, I have to say what utter crap it is! Was it edited by a geniused monkey? There is no transition in any of the edits, there are 2 second snippets that seem to have no place or purpose and the running time of the actual match is just over 50mins. OUT OF AN 80min GAME! There is 40mins of after match stuff but the total running time is just 1hour 30mins. Why is the match edited at all? It makes no sense. Considering a DVD has a running time of 2hours, the whole match could have fit on a dvd WITH the extra footage at the end. Sloppy work. I haven't watched the 2001 GF yet but my expectations are not very high for it either. So I won't be getting rid of my '97 video or the 2001 DVD with all the options like radio coverage and sports ears and these both have the COMPLETE matches, UNEDITED! Very disappointing.

As a side note, my god, weren't the '97 Manly side some of the biggest whinges ever to pull on a jersey? You can say what you like about Joey but he has nothing on Toovey and co.

And does anyone know what happened to Shannon Nevin? He seemed to drop off the face of the earth after this game.

NC

Juniors
I bought the DVD when it came out but haven't had a chance to watch it yet, so that's pretty disappointing to hear!

Ben

Bench
I've still got my Grand Final 97 video but what it lacks is the after match celebrations. I would've wished they included that because some of the moments with the Johns brothers and Harragon are priceless.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah I was VERY dissapointed with the 97 DVD, the kickoff is always exciting yet they decide to go straight to the 1st minute!

antonius

Coach
I have a tape of the 97 GF and the after match stuff, also a tape of the parade through Newcastle, and at the town hall afterwards. All really good stuff to watch every now and then.

stevo

Juniors
Yeah i got Risa to watch it with me when she got up here. The missing of the kick off really pissed me off. The footage itself looks like what you would see if you kept dozing off during the game. It was quite annoying. The after celebrations were good but i would have rather seen that editted then the game. Haven't watched the 01 GF yet. Was a bit put off by the 97 one.

jamesgould

Juniors
It is a crap product, no doubt about it. I too can't believe the random 2 seconds snippits the most ... obviously the company that released it has no concept of quality control, as there is no way that should ever have left the editing room.

Disappointing, as it's unlikely it will ever be rereleased! With my video release from back in 1997 and this, I have all the game and all the postmatch, I guess that's something.

Shannon Nevin went to Balmain in 1998, played a few games ... then, who knows.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
As long as you get to the Mad Dog stomping on Tooveys face in the 97 Grand Final, who cares how much as deleted lol

Ben

Bench
As long as you get to the Mad Dog stomping on Tooveys face in the 97 Grand Final, who cares how much as deleted lol
The memories...That was probably one of the greatest moments of Rugby League. It finally shut that whinger up.

northey

First Grade
i got it, and i don't care, cause as long as i can watch the two grand finals, and see the knights have amazing wins, then i am happy

6togo

Juniors
have to agree the whole thing is very poorly done. The 2001 final does not have the audio options that the 2001 DVD (singular) version does with Sports ears n the like.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Ben said:
The memories...That was probably one of the greatest moments of Rugby League. It finally shut that whinger up.
Didn't shut my brother up.
That's dissapointing to hear, I wanted it for my birthday. I too have the 97 and 2001 VHS, but I thought the DVD would be so much better, sounds like the after match stuff is though.