What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preseason predictions?

Steeden

Juniors
Season's about 3 weeks away...smells like preseason prediction time...

Super Bowl winnah?, Rushing champ? Player of the season? Chump of the the season? Fantasy league champ? How many MG Magnum players will end up in the Big House?, etc, etc :lol:

Dogs Of War

Coach
Bengals superbowl champs!

Carson Palmer player of the season!

Rudi Johnson rushing champ!

Corey Dillon chump of the season!

Dogs Of War Fantasy League Champ! (Go Priest Holmes!)

6 of MG Magnums players to go to the big house.

N.B. Biased Bengals Supporter!

Paullyboy

Coach
Id reckon the Pats are lookin pretty solid for the superbowl unfortunately.
Im expecting LT to be the top rusher this year as I dont see Holmes going the distance and Jamal is only going to last half the season
I expect Peyton to improve even more this season but I think the player of the year could actually be TO or McNabb with the new defensive back rules for this season.
Shineys to win the fantasy comp :D
I Only see one player from the magnums going to jail at this stage, haha

*Colts/NE AFC championship match for the 2nd year in a row!

*NE lose in superbowl to Atlanta who start the season bad but win 8 straight at the end of the season to win.

*Ray Lewis MVP

*Carson Palmer will be awesome in leading the Bengals into the playoffs

*Oakland will be crap again.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
Superbowl Winner = Denver Broncos

Rushing Champ = Clinton Portis

Chump of the season = Vinny Testeverde

MVP = Randy Moss(thanks to new contact rule)

My Fav Team = 49ers

Cupid Stunt

Superbowl Winner = Eagles

Rushing Champ = LT

Chump of the season = E. Manning/Winslow Jr (<- Something of a gimme! :mrgreen: )

MVP = T.O/M. Harrisson/Gonzo.

Steeden

Juniors
Philadelphia Eagles - Superbowl champs, but NE with a legit running game are going to pretty awesome...

LaDainian Tomlinson - Rushing champ. Runs, catches, the man does it all!

Chump - Keenan McCardell!! grrrr...

MVP - Daunte Culpepper will, but I hope Peyton does...

Big call - St Louis Rams will have a losing season & miss the playoffs

Fantasy Champ - If it's not my Stallion's then it's probably going to be JKA Saints

Dragons Cross

Juniors
Superbowl - PATS (no contest after upgrading their only weakness)

Rushing Champ - JAMAL LEWIS (purely because the Ravens still have no vertical game and they will run all day)

Chump - KELLEN WINSLOW (tosser!)

MVP - PEYTON MANNING (easy)

Big Call - TEXANS TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS (not a massive call but will be unexpected)

Paullyboy

Coach
Dragons Cross I dont think Jamal Lewis will be rusher of the year because he is in trouble with the Feds and when they are involved people dont get off those convictions, not even atheletes

Anonymous

Juniors
SB Chaps-Eagles
MVP-Hmmmm, I'd say someone from the group of McNabb, Vick and Manning...
Chump of the season-Eli Manning
Big Call-Rich Gannon to re-gain his form of two years ago and lead Oakland out of the cellar
Rushing Champ-Hmmm very close, cant call that one...

Dragons Cross

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
Dragons Cross I dont think Jamal Lewis will be rusher of the year because he is in trouble with the Feds and when they are involved people dont get off those convictions, not even atheletes

Really, I haven't been keeping up to date with the NFL news of late because I've been busy with the start of the EPL but thats amazing. Is it drugs problems? If he's out for any period of time then the Ravens are gone.

Paullyboy

Coach
Heres the story basically:

Jamal Lewis turned himself in to the FBI Thursday to face charges he helped a childhood friend buy cocaine in the summer of 2000, officials said.

Lewis, the Baltimore Ravens running back, was arrested at the FBI office in Atlanta and will appear in federal court Thursday afternoon, according to an FBI employee who declined to be identified.

Lewis is charged with conspiring to possess with the intent to distribute five kilograms of cocaine and using a cell phone in the commission of the first count. If convicted on the conspiracy count, Lewis could face 10 years to life in prison.

One of Lewis' attorneys, Ed Garland, said he did not try to help a childhood friend buy cocaine in the summer of 2000, an accusation that has the football player facing federal drug charges.

Garland said a cocaine buy wasn't discussed during a restaurant conversation more than three years ago among Lewis, a boyhood friend, and a woman who turned out to be a police informant.

His trial is set down for mid-season, I cant remember the exact week, but i'll put it this way - he aint going to be around for the end of the season.

Bomber

Bench
Well, I am somewhat of a novice at this, but I will do my best.

I have followed the NFL on and off for some ten years now but ever since my brother bought NFL 2K3, it has been impossible to put down.

I don't really have a favourite team ever.....used to follow Dallas, then Green Bay.....now, I don't know. Can't stand the AFC however!

Super Bowl winner? Pats :?
Rushing champ? Here's a prediction from left field....Fred Taylor
Player of the season? Has it ever gone to a non-QB? Brady.
Chump of the the season? Here's another bold predicition - Philadelphia. They remind me a bit of Parramatta cicra 1998-2000. Look for the Eagles to go around 9-7 and exit in the wildcard round.

I'm sure I'll get these all wrong (except for the Pats winning), but what the heck

Bomber

chileman

Coach
Paullyboy said:
Heres the story basically:

Jamal Lewis turned himself in to the FBI Thursday to face charges he helped a childhood friend buy cocaine in the summer of 2000, officials said.

Lewis, the Baltimore Ravens running back, was arrested at the FBI office in Atlanta and will appear in federal court Thursday afternoon, according to an FBI employee who declined to be identified.

Lewis is charged with conspiring to possess with the intent to distribute five kilograms of cocaine and using a cell phone in the commission of the first count. If convicted on the conspiracy count, Lewis could face 10 years to life in prison.

One of Lewis' attorneys, Ed Garland, said he did not try to help a childhood friend buy cocaine in the summer of 2000, an accusation that has the football player facing federal drug charges.

Garland said a cocaine buy wasn't discussed during a restaurant conversation more than three years ago among Lewis, a boyhood friend, and a woman who turned out to be a police informant.

His trial is set down for mid-season, I cant remember the exact week, but i'll put it this way - he aint going to be around for the end of the season.
Fairdinkum :roll: what's wrong with some of these guys.......earn more money in a season than some earn in a lifetime and they get involved with drugs, crime ect ](*,)

Eelectrica

Referee
Super Bowl winner: Colts to beat the Seahawks in the big one.
Rushing champ: Clinton Portis.
Player of the season: Michael Vick
Chump of the the season:Jamal Lewis
Fantasy league champ:Gold Coast Eels ;-)
How many MG Magnum players will end up in the Big House: 4 :p
Wooden Spoon: Miami Dolphins :cry:

Latest posts