What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Press conference - roosters game

Avenger

Immortal
Just watched the press conference on the official site. Two things stuck out

1. Reni's heart was not in it according to the coach.

2. Stuart worries me with his ego and arrogance. When at the end of the press conference literally whilst he was walking out of it a reporter asked 'Why was it done that way?" Stuart said in an arrogant way, "because I wanted it that way." No denial about it so we can assume that players were grouped together as stated in the media.

In my opinion a shit way to do things. Probably breaks every management rule in relation to delivering bad news. Bad form and even more leaks from our illustrious board no matter what it has morphed into.

We will once again come last this year and Stuart will be under immense pressure in 2014 with finally "his own" roster. I hope he succeeds but I am starting to worry about the Ricky Stuart ego.

Last edited:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Just watched the press conference on the official site. Two things stuck out

1. Reni's heart was not in it according to the coach.

2. Stuart worries me with his ego and arrogance. When at the end of the press conference literally whilst he was walking out of it a reporter asked 'Why was it done that way?" Stuart said in an arrogant way, "because I wanted it that way." No denial about it so we can assume that players were grouped together as stated in the media.

In my opinion a shit way to do things. Probably breaks every management rule in relation to delivering bad news. Bad form and even more leaks from our illustrious board no matter what it has morphed into.

We will once again come last this year and Stuart will be under immense pressure in 2014 with finally "his own" roster. I hope he succeeds but I am starting to worry about the Ricky Stuart ego.

Then it's Wayne Bennett ageing, Craig Bellamy without brown paper bags,....... etc.

Brenno75

Juniors

Eels Dude

Coach
Cheyse Blair looks so dejected there. It was good to see him back in first grade again tonight though. Dunno what he has to worry about since it was just announced he signed a 2 year contract extension last week.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Good on Ricky for not letting the media f**k him around. Those merkins benefit when we have problems at the club, so there's instant incentive for them to exaggerate any issues we do have.

The whole f**king interview they were fishing for a comment they could turn into a negative headline. f**k 'em.

Parra Pride

Coach
Cheyse Blair looks f**king heart broken.

583917-cheyse-blair.jpg

And Reni Maitua has already packed his bags and is heading for the exit.

583912-ricky-stuart.jpg

Eels Dude

Coach
This does concern me somewhat.

One of my close mates who is friends with one of the 12 players told me a about a slide show presentation which had all there names in the three groups, i laughed it off and told him it was rubbish and no way would they would of broken the news like that..

It doesn't really concern me at all. The players need a kick up the backside, they've been pampered for too long. This is a professional footy side, they shouldn't be babied.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Exactly. They're supposed to be legit hard merkins, not precious snowflakes.

Their reaction has justified Sticky's decision. Even the fact they had a go today proves there's something wrong with them.

Very poorly handled. Ricky fail, new board fail. You at least give them the respect they deserve by one on one meetings.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Interesting to hear Darren Lockyer's comments. He said (from a players perspective) that it was better to deliver the news in front of the playing group.
That way there's no individuals sneaking around whinging behind the backs of others - every knows where everyone stands, what everyone was told, and why they were told it. So the gossip machine gets shut down immediately.

Just the opinion of an all time legend though?

Haynzy

First Grade
In nearly every article I've read that has tried to quote a player they've said something like..."I understand why they did it this way but...."

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Exactly. They're supposed to be legit hard merkins, not precious snowflakes.

Their reaction has justified Sticky's decision. Even the fact they had a go today proves there's something wrong with them.

Maybe some of them are not up to it.

It doesn't really concern me at all. The players need a kick up the backside, they've been pampered for too long. This is a professional footy side, they shouldn't be babied.

But they need to be coached.

This my concern are they being coached? Not just to tough it out but do we have any new plays? Seems like no one will support a ball runner because offloads are very rare. It is so hard to tell whether the team has no tactical coaching or they just aren't good enough to read the play.

Interesting to watch the under 20s last night they looked much more fluid in attack and have really improved as a side. If they can do this then why can't the NRL team. They aren't getting any new players, it is the same guys that seem to be learning.

Noise

Coach
I thought our first try was a bit different. It was a copy of a bulldogs play with the tight forward, Paulo turning and passing out the back with block runners running through. Graham and kasiano do it well for the dogs

The Colonel

Immortal
Interesting to hear Darren Lockyer's comments. He said (from a players perspective) that it was better to deliver the news in front of the playing group.
That way there's no individuals sneaking around whinging behind the backs of others - every knows where everyone stands, what everyone was told, and why they were told it. So the gossip machine gets shut down immediately.

Just the opinion of an all time legend though?

What would he know?

I've been made redundant. Worst f**king feeling ever. Especially walking in to a meeting you had no idea about and four managers are there telling you that changes have to be made and you're out. Then when you walk out of the meeting no one can look you in the eye because the staff all knew before you did.

Doesn't really matter how its done.

I still agree with it- at least everyone on the playing group knew, players didn't have to tell their mates they were cut. Everyone in the club knew where they were.

For once I agree with Lockyer

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
So the players had the shits the names were out in the media so fast, maybe it was leaked by one of the players talking to a journo, just like the certain player who spoke to Massoud in the article. Idiots.