What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Previous Week Twos Finals

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Special K said:
Joey got hurt by Luke Bailey in week one in 2002. Week two Luke Bailey took out Matty Johns early.

Andrew Johns was sitting behind the Cronulla bench with Matt Rogers for the game.
Yeah we had already determined Joey got hurt in 2002 via Luke Bailey, we just had to figure out what Rooster's game the Knights played the following week, which we finally discovered was the 38-12 loss where the Knights were competitive for 60 minutes.

choc_soldier

Coach
pantherz9103 said:
Actually I'm pretty certain that the Eels played the Broncos the following week and the Knights played the Roosters :? Not being picky just im quite certain that that is the facts.

That's what I was thinking too... the Knights, if they were still in, would have been on the opposite side of the draw.

I was with mates who were Knights fans... that could have been why! :lol:

Hurriflatch

Referee
I was actually very peed off in 2000 not so much because Parra lost as that year it was a massive achivement just making it to the 3rd week of the finals after finishing the season in 7th.

but because I had $200 on a Eels v Knights grand final when it was paying 1,000-1 about 6 weeks out from the finals.

Hurriflatch

Referee
and the GFQ matches were

Eels v Broncos
Roosters v Knights

so right up until that 3rd week my ticket was still alive

Scott

Bench
Yip, the Stacey Jones drop goal was a corker. All would have counted for nothing if Bulgeralli could catch :)

SunkenEyes

Juniors
Bring back John Fifita said:
Goin back a while in the time tunnel......

92 Dragons vs Newcastle. Dragons won 3-2. Sounds like a dull scoreline, the game was anything but.

I never saw that game. What were some of the big plays in that match? I remember the St George vs Illa game that was 4-0.

jamesgould

Juniors
Well as a Knights supporter I guess my week 2 highlight has to be our 19-18 win over Cronulla in 1995. Still got it on tape, fantastic match! Notable for Harragon continually turning up in the backline and mucking up scoring chances haha. Plus of course a 30-40 metre Matthew Johns dropgoal to win the game.

As well as being a great match, it wins by default, coz it's the Knights only ever week 2 win! :(

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
I would have thought the week 2 semi finals between the dogs and the storm would have been the norm since we have been playing the storm or the past 2 years...

1993: Bulldogs vs St. George: Cant really remember that much about this game but i do remember Martin Bella i think that knocked the ball just on the tryline and that would have given us victory against St. George

1994: Bulldogs vs Canberra: A Terry Lamb field goal in extra time was the difference in this game and Simon Gillies scoring 2 tries and getting the man of the match for this game as well but canberra got their revenge in the GF 2 weeks later and to make things worse... they didnt have John Lomax playing that game when he got sent off against (brisbane?) the week before:(

1998: Bulldogs vs Newcastle (i think) where we were locked up at 24-24 and into extra time and that was one real heart attack of a game to watch for both supporters

1999: Bulldogs vs Melbourne... Geez... Stuart did stuff this game up badly when he misdirected his kick to matt geyer and it still painful to remember just watching Geyer run the length of the field to score the winner :(

2001: Bulldogs vs Sharks... Injuries... Suspensions and too many mistakes led us to getting smashed against cronulla that day.

2003: Bulldogs vs Melbourne: 30-0... what a scorline that was against Melbourne and that Hazem El Masri try saving tackle on Steven Bell is a classic one to remember...

2004: Bulldogs vs Melbourne again: Shifty Sherwin excellence won us that game against Melbourne and watching Hazem reaching his 300pts in the game...

Those are my memories of the wk 2 finals...

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
As a Warriors supporter, i dont really get a choice! but it surely was a cracker with a desirable result :wink:

Latest posts