What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price stands by misfiring halves...

redbreed

Juniors
That's it Minh.... Fire up buddy. This is exactly how bad its getting. The nicest bloke on the forum has had enough. Leave Steve.

Ben4214

Juniors
actually anyone can belt St George right now.

That's the sadest thing mate, every team in the NRL has one team they are a sure thing to beat, usually us or Parra. I can't think of a team right now we could beat.

I would still love to see King have a run at 5/8th, he reminds me a bit of a young Barrett.

But I honestly feel for Fien, he has a been a great player for us and I can see he tries every week but he isnt a half and it's an embarrassment to the red v that the chinless one persists with this garbage. I watched Siejka play on the weekend, honestly his kicking game alone should get him a start over Fien.

Minh

First Grade
Yeh I can accept losing and even coming last because a real supporter doesn't run away at the first sign of trouble, but when you have the coach of the team repeating his mistakes over and over and over and regurgitate the same cliches everytime he speaks that's when you have to draw a line in the sand with the guy. Nobody likes to see a guy lose his job but this guy has to go, he is contemplating the same halves combo again after the bye lol just lol.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I dont know what is sadder. My coach sticking with a useless Maranta, or your coach sticking with 2 halves that make Pearce in origin look like Wally Lewis.

:lol:

True. Its true.

That question answers itself mate. You guys are game but outclassed at present. I wish we were going as well as a 32 point drubbing in Melbourne against the Premiers.

We get whitewashed at home twice in a month for the first time in history by a fringe 8 dweller and a title aspirant who we've had the wood on for the best part of a decade.

Gomarchin

Juniors
The real sad thing is every player under Price has gone backwards. Creagh is not a leader and that is something we miss. There's no hardmen in the pack. There's no intimidation anymore. We're soft. We've gone back to the pre-Bennett days of inconsistent, ill discipline soft football. I've been a supporter for 40 years and can NEVER recall a time were I felt so disillusioned with my team. There's no hope as long as Price is coach. If the "buck stops with him" - then fall on your sword. The Panthers have 8 players on the sideline and look at them. Stop using injuries as an excuse for your incompetent and inept coaching.

Lethal25

Juniors
Poor Steve Price has offered a misguided attempt to protect his players, taking blame himself. Problem is just like with children if you keep protecting them then they never learn and won't be able to cope in the big bad world.

I feel like the Dragons are much like the labour party they are so much on the nose. Even my despised sharks friends don't bother to give us shit anymore because we are so non threatening.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Poor Steve Price has offered a misguided attempt to protect his players, taking blame himself. Problem is just like with children if you keep protecting them then they never learn and won't be able to cope in the big bad world.

I feel like the Dragons are much like the labour party they are so much on the nose. Even my despised sharks friends don't bother to give us shit anymore because we are so non threatening.

That's Labor
Politicians wouldn't work in an iron lung :lol:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
In the Pre-Bennett days Saints were inconnsistent but no way near as bad as they are now. They would flog the team coming first and lose to the team coming last type inconsistency. Win the games they were tipped to lose and you would panic when they are up against teh teams below them. Clearly a mental issue which Bennet sorted out.

Now you don't expect them to win at all. They are that bad. They have Mental and performance issues all brought on by poor coaching.

I wonder if Price goes to the Red V forum tonight in Kogarah?

Capital_Dragon

Juniors
I wonder if Price goes to the Red V forum tonight in Kogarah?

I don't care so long as Price goes after the Red V forum tonight.

And I agree SM that back in the early noughties you never knew which Saints team would turn up. On song, no one could beat us, but you never knew if we'd be singing.

I guess at least these days we know what Saints team we'll get :crazy:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I miss those days. You would be frustrating when they lost but at least you would get over it sooner rather than later as they would then turn out a good performance.

RedVDave

First Grade
I support Price's to stick by his halves this week I mean afterall we are playing the bye and surely even Chase Stanley and Nathan Fien could score more points against them than they did last weeks opposition, or is even that being to optimistic?

Father Ted

First Grade
read it. Is this Clown for real....What is Prices Motto..."If its Broke, keep trying it"...

If at first you don't succed try try again and again and again and again and

Pricey... mate... it better to say nothing than to rejurgetate the same crap for 10 weeks.
Silence is golden.

Better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and confirm it.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Price sees a huge problem and knows his splayers are playing crap and need work on execution. So he gives them a break and wants them to go back to basics.

A Proper coach would be so pi$$ed at Saturday nights performance that he would have got them training the next day and worked on execution since he thinks that is the issue. Once they get it right THEN give them a break. But this clown rewards them with a great perfomance and gives them a break.

Agree with you mate......give them a break to rejuvenate and go back to the basics, what a load of absolute crap...can you imagine Bellamy etc giving their players time off when their on the verge of the wooden spoon....the worst thing that we could have ever done was give Price an extension on his contract....because now he's probably of the opinion things will get better next year.....In the early days I was like many on here willing to give him a go, but seriously he's dragging this once very proud club deeper and deeper into the depths of despair....he will never turn this team around because as long as his arse points to the ground he just hasn't got it......

RedVDave

First Grade
Better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and confirm it.[/QUOTE]

-A wise man knows much and says little, a fool knows little and says far to much.

Price sees a huge problem and knows his splayers are playing crap and need work on execution. So he gives them a break and wants them to go back to basics.

A Proper coach would be so pi$$ed at Saturday nights performance that he would have got them training the next day and worked on execution since he thinks that is the issue. Once they get it right THEN give them a break. But this clown rewards them with a great perfomance and gives them a break.

1000000 %

If this is not a time to BEHAVE like a proud Club, pull together and actually DO the so called HARD WORK, a time where the Boss says sorry, break is cancelled UNTIL the hardwork is done, I don't know what is.

I would've thought we are the team that needs the most practise seeing as they just can't seem to execute it on the field according to Steve Price.

Steve Price's biggest problem is he doesn't command respect. He is not a hard task-master.

Rewarding them in this way is one reason why they are so soft.

Latest posts