What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Priddis and Puletuea given permission to look elsewhere

BxTom

Bench
I suspect that there has been a player revolt going on. It would explain many things over the last 18 months or so. A player revolt happened before at Penrith led by a high profile that player who was also treated in exactly the same manner - 'invited' to go elsewhere and I'm sure many other posters will recall whom I am speaking about . I think this latest ploy by Panthers mgt is just laying down the gauntlet - except Elliots ways or go elsewhere.

Tom.

BxTom

Bench
A year ago it was "let's get rid of Lang..." now it's lets get rid of Elliot. Getting rid of Lang didn't help did it??? Any messages in that?? I think getting of Clinton was a good thing myself and I hope this ploy is a wakeup call to a few of the Penrth powder puff forwards. 300k a year is a tad high for 2-3 hit ups and 5-6 tackles a match.

Tom.

Panthers_God

Juniors
BxTom said:
A year ago it was "let's get rid of Lang..." now it's lets get rid of Elliot. Getting rid of Lang didn't help did it??? Any messages in that?? I think getting of Clinton was a good thing myself and I hope this ploy is a wakeup call to a few of the Penrth powder puff forwards. 300k a year is a tad high for 2-3 hit ups and 5-6 tackles a match.

Tom.

I assure you Tom. Clinton does alot more than 5-6 tackles and 2-3 hitups a game.

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
Apparently Bulldogs have haulted contract talks with Corey Hughes now the Priddo is allowed to talk to other clubs.

Personally i dont really want him, id rather a young guy, plus he'd be asking for abit.

Anyone else heard this? Was mentioned abit on the radio today also.

BxTom

Bench
Panthers_God said:
I assure you Tom. Clinton does alot more than 5-6 tackles and 2-3 hitups a game.

Sorry, I should have made myself a little clearer - I was alluding to T with that particular point:D

Cheers,
Tom.

The Tank

Bench
Valea said:
Apparently Bulldogs have haulted contract talks with Corey Hughes now the Priddo is allowed to talk to other clubs.

Personally i dont really want him, id rather a young guy, plus he'd be asking for abit.

Anyone else heard this? Was mentioned abit on the radio today also.

Haven't heard anything but it would be a logical move. Priddo wants to stay in the Sydney area for his son and the Dogs are looking for a hooker. Nothing would make me happier than to see Priddo return to form with the Dogs.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Fibroman said:
The broom has been extracted from the cupboard. I am disappointed about Gower leaving, however, no great loss with the rest. Petro makes up for Clinton, and we have plenty of talented backrowers and hookers to fill the void of Priddis and Puletua.

It worries me going into 2008 the halfback position doesnt seem to have a valuable and experienced candidate to fill it.

It also worries me going into 2008 the five eighth position doesnt seem to have a valuable and experienced candidate to fill it. Yes you might throw up Richie Williams here but realisticly defensive wise and mistake rate would be a huge gamble without a noteable halfback. Personally I can't see Firman being that man.

It will worry me going into 2008 without an experienced hooker taking into consideration the position we are in with the above two positions. I would have thought Priddis (being allowed to play his natural game and the full 80 mins) would be a valuable asset to us.

I've watched Aiton and I've watched Peters but whether they are playing Elliots preferred way it is being played at a substandard level by all 3, and lets face the facts here, Aiton has not been anywhere near his level of excitement he was last year. I know Peters can be too, I've been a fan of his for a few years now when I use to get to the earlier games and watch them.

We've got some exciting talent coming up Jarrod Sammut for one but not all players can be a Michael Jennings and flourish in first grade the way he has. And what a talent is he. The tackles I have seen from him alone in the last two games Tallis Gordon would have been proud of!!

Something else to ponder, will we ever see a player retire under the Elliott regime? :shock:

I will be the first to put up my hand and say I havent seen a consistant best of T for a few
years. But personally you couldnt ask for a better clubman on and off the field than Tony and personally I wouldnt be offering him the door or I wouldnt be allowing him to window shop. A change of position could be as good as a holiday. Experimenting with his time on the field by changing the routine he plays coming off the bench. Personally I believe he deserves the effort and time put in.

And just one more thing for you all to ponder along with me ... Matty Adamson (the man I love to hate) why oh why does he think he is better than everyone else? If he can't train the passion and mongrel into the forwards then it should be him shown the door. He had his chance - and you can't show them better by taking their position on the bench or field. Wake up you goose!!!

Last but not least - lets praise Girds for doing his job well! Jennings, Daniela, Gordon to name a few - Well done Champ! ;-)

eagle rock

Juniors
whats the use of having exciting and exuberant
young talent when the head coach will put the shackles on their natural game.
It's one thing as a coach to curb a players tendancies, but to stop their natural game is a disaster...the Panthers form says it all.

Dave Q

Coach
Big Mick © said:
you wont get 30 points ahead at half time if you don't play ur natural game

Theres the roosters last night playing their natural game.

A team of individuals, bent on their own efforts (says their coach today).

At one point or another, players, they have to obey their coach.

And its unlikely the Panthers have listened to much of what Elliot has had to say this year. And those who did listen, some of them, couldnt produce for whatever reason (not neccessarily their fault).

And Priddo says they have tried to listen, maybe so, but one could be forgiven in thinking that some of them havent tuned in as well as they could.

The staggered and surprise losses makes it hard to plan. Theres no such mass exodus at other clubs.

Wallace and Clinton had a good early impact this weekend, but if the boys lose next week, I reckon the rest of the year is building phase and the head must be cut from the snake.

That means young blokes thrown in wholesale.

Dave Q

Coach
Panther said:
Been watching PL and Flegg whenever I can and there are plenty of good youngsters there.

Yes, and beyond that, plenty of promise exists in the catchment area too.

Maybe the club just needs to close out this season a bit early in preparation for next season.

Sort of a pre-pre-season to accommodate the changes. Engage everyone in the plan and go for it.

Lower the expectations so if the club does finish last, nobody can feel overly perturbed- as the best side wasnt taking the field each week anyway.

Lets not get all honourable about it...Its already happened -during the Clinton & Wallace treachery punishment.

And give the dingbat a go in first grade for some cheap entertainment.

Mob said "circus."

The Panthers were always in for a hard year, but not this hard.

The Panther cadre have been smashed fairly in the nose several times in recent weeks.

Now they have to fugging get up and start managing this club again.

How they handle the rest of the season is a good test for them on many levels.

But take heart, Civo is a finalist for the signing of the year. What a role model for the youngsters?!!

Caged Panther

First Grade
The other aspect of this that no one has mentioned is what this means for Elliott. His obviously had a huge hand in instigating this clean out of some of the fans favourite sons.

If we go into next season and having cut out some of the dead wood don't improve dramtically I simply don't see how he could retain his position.

I'd say his staked his job on this clean out.

BxTom

Bench
I can understand some of the happenings at the club, although I am not sure how much I agree with it all. Obviously something had to happen - we have been losing 'unlosable' games for a couple of years now. I can see Elliot's coaching style and Priddis not combining too well - Priddo really does seem to wing it a fair bit. This can be good and bad - it got him a great try in the '03 gf, but it could also be the cause of a lot of plays breaking down, especially when the team have been drilled to expect one thing and Priddo does something else. If this is the case, it would explain the players losing heart during games - it would be frustating for them more than us. It's debatable and I doubt any of us have the absolute answer to this one.

T needs to lift his work rate, which he seems to slowly be doing - considering he has obviously been talked to in the last couple of weeks. I hope (and think) that T and Priddo will be up to the challenge before them - as that is what I beleive it to be. If they are, Penrith will benefit.

Cheers,
Tom

Fibroman

First Grade
I personally think Richie Williams will go from strength to strength at Penrith, just as Preston and Amos did. He will slot nicely into the 5/8th position.

I would like to see Lewis move back to the wing.

By the end of next year, Mick Jennings will be the number 1 centre in the game.

Tim Grant will cement a position in the front row.

McKendry will slot nicely onto the bench as a impact player.

I am very confident that we will be a force to be reckoned with next year.

choc_soldier

Coach
Caged Panther said:
The other aspect of this that no one has mentioned is what this means for Elliott. His obviously had a huge hand in instigating this clean out of some of the fans favourite sons.

If we go into next season and having cut out some of the dead wood don't improve dramtically I simply don't see how he could retain his position.

I'd say his staked his job on this clean out.

I agree. Cut Elliott some slack for now. Give him another off-season with the team. If performances are still below par after 6-8 weeks next season, then yes, by all means start asking questions about his ability.

I think Elliott inherited a questionable playing culture that stagnated under the last 2 years with Lang, and we whould at least give him some time to see what he can do about fixing it.