What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PrideKnights "Oh My God, I'm so Bored at work" Thread

Ah, nothing like a bit of family blood-letting to bring a dull forum day to life!:lol:

On a serious note, this thread is going to get quite a work out once school starts back! Especially if I'm working at high school again... free periods are gold!

Hope my principal isn't reading this... :lol:

strewth_mate

Bench
Totally agree about the wonders of the kebab. It's sad but in some cases, the filthier the better. Indian goes down well too... mmm butter chicken...

And in my humble opinion, the status you have in a job doesn't necessarily mean jack; I think I work bloody hard and have a lot of pride in my job. I would love it if I worked 60 hours in a week, I've just never been that lucky or had the opportunity, plus mine is not the kind of job in which to rise through the ranks no matter the effort. And with all due respect, the size of the company and anything to do with money doesn't necessarily enter into it because it's a matter of circumstance.

Hope everything works out btw.

Parki

Bench

if that was for me, then yeah, steps have already been taken

today i did a number of things

1)i put my resume into a video store across the road... not much, but id really love to work there, i love movies and dvds and theres a cute girly there too that id like to get to know :)

2) barring that, im going to look at doing a course at north sydney (the one my boss is stuffing me around with) it will be with my own money, the same course that hes offered me, but ill get to do it on my terms, in my time

3) barring that, im going to get out of the particular store that im in at the moment, even if that means i have to quit and re apply somewhere else.... i do love my job despite the sh*tfight that is going down at the moment, if it means i have to start somewhere else, then so be it

so yeah, im a lot happier this afternoon, i have options

I'm actually only just down the road from PK and RBK feel free to stop by but for now theres drinking to be done so later all.

PrideKnight

Bench
strewth_mate said:
Totally agree about the wonders of the kebab. It's sad but in some cases, the filthier the better. Indian goes down well too... mmm butter chicken...

And in my humble opinion, the status you have in a job doesn't necessarily mean jack; I think I work bloody hard and have a lot of pride in my job. I would love it if I worked 60 hours in a week, I've just never been that lucky or had the opportunity, plus mine is not the kind of job in which to rise through the ranks no matter the effort. And with all due respect, the size of the company and anything to do with money doesn't necessarily enter into it because it's a matter of circumstance.

speaking of which, with eurest gooooneskies, you gunna come be a crusader now?

strewth_mate

Bench
PrideKnight said:
speaking of which, with eurest gooooneskies, you gunna come be a crusader now?

It's been in the back of my mind for sure, I wouldn't mind actually seeing a game properly :lol:

Wests have been in contact with everyone that worked last year though to see if anyone's interested in staying with them in charge, and I said I was so I'll have to wait and see. Plus I applied to work at the Leagues Club too so it might end up positively in both ways if I get in their faces with this opportunity.

Besides that I'd be dead keen, cheers for the thought. Coming in as an outsider isn't always easy but I'd love to wander on over and have a beer with everyone; besides I've got to see what the fuss is about ;-) but if the job falls through or not (priorities suck sometimes) I'll be supporting the Crusade either way...

the_knights_rule

First Grade
i got yelled at work yesterday from some customer..... i didnt even do anything i just told him he would have to wait a sec whilst the guys got a box for his nuggets from around the back and he went off at me so i jsut walked away then my manager went and told him off hehehe it was funny cos he went so red :D

some ppl are jsut so difficult and annoying

Ahhhhhh spoilt me finish's @ 2:30pm today instead of 4pm, the joy is I get to go to the dentist to get 3 maybe 4 fillings done.

My boss is being exceptionally rude to me for some reason and am really not appreciating it, but being the worker I get to sit their and take it and do nothing about it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
can i just say Rojer Corbett is a trackhead and should get a disease of some kind
and auto stocker is one of the more pathetic made pieces of software ive come across, so many issues with it when someone there doesnt know what their doing, you end up with a back dock full of overs... Also being a groceries manager revolves alot of work but its not at all complicated work..