What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prime Minister's XIII side named

mxlegend99

Referee
Raider_69 said:
err carney's stats beat most of them too :oops:
how embarrassing for you.
My point was they're better then Mullens and you don't see me carrying on like Raiders supporters. :crazy:

Hell, i'd assume that most 5/8's do. Which is entirely the point :oops:

Raider_69

Post Whore
mxlegend99 said:
My point was they're better then Mullens and you don't see me carrying on like Raiders supporters. :crazy:

Hell, i'd assume that most 5/8's do. Which is entirely the point :oops:

so your point is that mullen is undeserving of his spot, given there are plenty of better performing halves?
thanks for confirming what has already been suggested by myself :cool:

mxlegend99

Referee
Raider_69 said:
so your point is that mullen is undeserving of his spot, given there are plenty of better performing halves?
thanks for confirming what has already been suggested by myself :cool:
No. The point is that stats are not what got him selected, nor are they what get other players selected. Good tackling stats are not enough reason for Tongue to get selected.

The criteria for being selected is probably a bit deeper then how many tackles, line breaks or tries a player gets. I'm sure the first box on the checklist looks like this though.

Criteria #1 - Doesn't play for Canberra Raiders.

;-)

But seriously. Stats don't tell the full story. They don't take into account what lead to the stat being achieved... etc. From everything i've seen of Mullen, i'd have him over Carney in a heartbeat. Although i only ever paid attention to him against the Cowboys, then Panthers, Sea Eagles and Broncos. 4 games... and he looked excellent in those games, 2 of which were without Joey.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: dont like it?
Dont read it, i cant speak on behalf of my fellow fans, but frankly what you think rates little on my scales.
Infact id prefer you all to hate us :cool:

mxlegend99, your right, stats dont tell the whole story, but they give a bloody good indication on whats happening on the feild
and the stats show carney scores more tries, he makes more breaks, he sets his team mates up better, he kicks better. The stats indicate that based on this season, Carney has out performed Mullen in every aspect of halves play.

Frankly, im glad you'd take Mullen over carney, infact i hope the rest of the comp feel that way too, Carney is a better player and will be hard enough to retain as it is, let alone if people realised how good he is.

As ive said else where, this is not a shot at Mullen, personally i think in about 3 years time Mullen and Carney will be getting to know each other alot at state level, leading the blues into a new era of dominance.

innsaneink

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Well in one breathe your suggesting the selectors saw us for the "pretenders" we are and thats why we dont have a rep, yet in the same breathe you've been critical of the selectors over looking Alan Tongue

How can you praise the selectors for one thing and in the same thread be critical of them for the same thing?

I say again, are you having a bet each way in some sad attempt to get the better of raiders fans, because you have nothing better to do?
or are you just a silly, old, bitter fool who doesnt really know what he's talking about?

after the last rant, id suggest a little of both is coming out. :lol:

Who gives a f**k what you think....I can think Tongue shoulda made it, and I can laugh at you whinging whiny pre menstrual pretenders fans, all at the same time.

I'm not alone....there are many here sick to death of raiders fans complaining about one thing or another....its never ending! :crazy:

Raider_69

Post Whore
and for each who are sick of it, there anther raiders fan who doesnt give a flying f**k what the rest of you think :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
schif if he wasnt going to Union

to be honest no one has said with much vigour that anyone else bar tongue should have been there.
Ive argued that Carney should have been picked before mullen but IMO neither should be there

Latest posts