What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pro Evolution Soccer 5...hard

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
Has anyone noticed how difficult it is to score in this game. Great game but when you put the level up to 3 stars it's impossible to score.

BlindMan

Juniors
i think its such a great game, both the ps2 and psp versions,
my only gripe with it is referees blow for fouls to much

White Poiner

Coach
Boys and girls.

What is better Fifa 2006 or PES 5. ?

and why if you could help. Which one should i buy. I like the more authentic experience..great manager mode like Madden.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah, you sound abit like me...

Probably FIFA 2006 then. Although I'm a bigger fan of FIFA 2005's career mode (but that is just me and 90% of other like 2006 better).

Jono078

Referee
Well it is ok. But FIFA's presentation just makes career mode worth playing, whereas with PES it doesnt, for me anyway.

It really does have average presentation.

(Actually I was thinking of PES 4 anyway, not sure on PES 5)

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Fifa 2006 hands down.

I've had the game since release, and to this day, I have not stopped playing it. Highly recomend it. I've played PES 5. Didn't like it at all. Style of play resembles an arcade style game. Doesn't even have teams such as Liverpool, or an actual English Premier League Mode like Fifa 2006 does. Fifa 2006 has all the teams, and all the players, with exact looking jerseys etc etc. Fifa practically has all the licences so I find that more enjoyable and realistic to me.

But that's my opinion...

BlindMan

Juniors
no Pro Evo is far better game, fifa 2006 style of play gets boring quick, whearas pro evo will last the long term.

fat_mike

Juniors
if they could combine PES gameplay with the fifa licences and manager modes it would be great

gampeplay in PES is great, players turn, stop and run smoothly. passing is more crisp adn its just generally so much better gameplay wise than FIFA games.

BlindMan

Juniors
fat_mike said:
if they could combine PES gameplay with the fifa licences and manager modes it would be great

gampeplay in PES is great, players turn, stop and run smoothly. passing is more crisp adn its just generally so much better gameplay wise than FIFA games.

i think fat_mike has summed it up perfectly

White Poiner

Coach
ok... So the game i want to play the most is fifa 2006. because i love the manager side of things the most.

Radman

Juniors
I bought Fifa 06 thinking it would be a decent game, oh how wrong was I, as soon as I kicked off and moved my player that was enough for me, it was just crap. No smoothness at all just either of eight directions. I'm yet to play any of the Pro Evo games but the control must surely be better than this horse crap.

ak47

Juniors
here's your best answer to gauge which is better

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928961.asp?q=pes

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/927992.asp?q=fifa

i find it rediculous that not many people even give PES a good crack.

if u just did it once, even rented and adjusted 20% of the players names, you could import the memory card file, for every pes successor, and never ever have to worry about liscenses etc.

I have only done it once for pes2, and for each pes after that, i ported the option file, and selected "update new option file, but leave new liscensing"

coz its that much better, PES has slowly acquired approx 50% of the liscensing it never once had, coz the repspective leagues/teams/players realise the premier product, and wont renew FIFA exlusive rights.
They lapse, PES jumps in, and now only the premier league, and a few minor teams in europe have dodgy names in PES.

As for the competitions.........you can change the comp names in pes.

So yes I have.

The English Pemier League
And the FIFA world cup
And champions league
and UEFA

The other leagues are already liscensed, germany, la liga, etc etc

But there's no simulation in PES, so for the managers only out there, your best bet is to stick with Pro Football Manager, as thats 100 times deeper than the FIFA Manager mode.

Radmans right...........the EA factor of player movement is just crap, and granted FIFA2006 is the best from EA for soccer (I was astounded how much better than 2005 it was).........then my astoundment was offset coz Konami did the same for PES.....#5 is alive, and owns all.

If you think I am a fanboy just go to the above links.....numbers speak volumes, and FIFA2006 only outsells coz, its well marketed across more regions of the globe.........I have never seen a PES advertisement in my life apart from the fourfourtwo pommy soccer magazine......EA polutes my TV everynight with their crappy adds.................NFS MW got me hook line n sinker, and when i loaded up, i threw up, and put GT2 from PS1 back in to compare the visuals..........i know its different, but just emphasising what the EA add campaign can do.

BlindMan

Juniors
well done ak47 i think you've written it perfectly.

yeh me too, ive changed the remainder of the unlicenced teams in pro evo 5, to their proper names, kits, logos and players on both the ps2 and psp version.
pro evo is nearly perfection