What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Promised improvement ?

Nealo 12

Bench
I remember we were assured that we would be better then last year... etc etc. At the moment it seems like are just playing other teams into some form. I started off being optimistic but am quickly starting to realise that this will be another disappointing year like so many before.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well look at the team.

Simmons how much success he had brought with him? Played 1 game in 2010
Tighe same as above
Naiqama NSW Cup player last year.
Newton, Ciraldo not very good last year can't see what will change.
Small bench was shit last year it was fixed & suddenly will work again

Sime_11

Juniors
ring the changes, bring in the Windsor squad and keep mansour, brown, segeyaro & manu, austin & humble.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Fast track Cartwright. Play him at Windsor for a couple of weeks from this weekend. Then bring him into First Grade in May. Kelepi Tanginoa played against Bryce through the Juniors and he seems to be doing well in First Grade.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
One things for sure he is way too good for 20's. He needs to be pushed and challenged. He is seriously taking the piss playing with kids around his age.

murraymob

Coach
One things for sure he is way too good for 20's. He needs to be pushed and challenged. He is seriously taking the piss playing with kids around his age.

Daz is there any update on the boy who left footy for a musical career.Can not remember his name .He was a highly talented kid that is coming back to footy

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Jakiel Fuimaono, apparently going to play A Grade for Glenmore Park this season. Looking at playing Holden Cup next year.

franklin2323

Immortal
Fast track Cartwright. Play him at Windsor for a couple of weeks from this weekend. Then bring him into First Grade in May. Kelepi Tanginoa played against Bryce through the Juniors and he seems to be doing well in First Grade.

Exactly. You can't put a time on when to bring players in. If he struggles he can go back. Though if he handles it he can go to 1st grade

marty65

Juniors
ring the changes, bring in the Windsor squad and keep mansour, brown, segeyaro & manu, austin & humble.

Good start. In my book McKendry, Grant, Docker and Whare (not as fullback though!) can stay also. Plus Latimore and Roberts come in when they recover from their injuries.

Time to trial some unbeaten Windsor and U21's players in the remaining positions. What have we got to lose?

franklin2323

Immortal

Did Tanginoa play NSW Cup?

Look at this team of the teens to recently play NRL:

Tedisco
Koroibete
Wighton
Lee
Toutai
Milford
Miller
Groat
Sironen
Taumalolo
Tanginoa
McKinnon
Cordner
Maranta

Then you have Laupape etc. We have 3 or 4 just as good as them yet are 2 grades behind while NRL struggles

betcats

Referee
If we run out that same backline that will be just about it for me and this club, atleast until we start consistently winning(A few years from now if management can be believed).

Pretty much every other club that had a poor start to the season had a good win or atleast a good performance on the w.e(Tigers, Parra, Warriors, Raiders), and most of them have young teams, younger then us anyway.

Even with the Juniors we have coming through I cant see us being contenders in 2015. Top 8 definately but not top 4. The best players in NYC are still a year young(DWZ, Cartwright) and then the best SG ball kids won't be pushing until 2016 if Gus and Ivan develop them at the current rate.

Last edited:

YoungPanther

Juniors
Never been a big believer about pushing kids through before they are ready. For every Freddy there is an Adam Ritson. There are exceptions (some may even be on the list above) and from what I have seen of Bryce for the past 2 years, he certainly appears to be the exception as well.

I think the majority of us are more disappointed that the likes of Austin, Moylan etc (next tier down - not the Juniors) haven't really been given a sustained opportunity and we persist with guys who have come from reserve grade in their previous clubs, who we know have zero improvement in them, that is what is frustrating. Not including Sika, Seg etc.

I know Ivan and Gus will say that most aren't ready and they are the one's paid the big bucks to hopefully make the correct call. Anyone who thinks they don't genuinely want the side to be successful would find fault in every Storm performance. Do you honestly believe they lay in bed at night and say gee player #1 could make a big difference to our side but we will leave him with Windsor instead.

Big Mick

Referee
If we run out that same backline that will be just about it for me and this club, atleast until we start consistently winning(A few years from now if management can be believed).

That's the spirit! lol.

I find that hard to believe mate. I think you'd be like me in being pissed off....but still bleeding Panther blood no matter what.

betcats

Referee
That's the spirit! lol.

I find that hard to believe mate. I think you'd be like me in being pissed off....but still bleeding Panther blood no matter what.

Lol probably right Mick and I know its poor from me as a supporter but I do seriously want to lower my emotional investment in the club, it is seriously unhealthy for me. It aso making me not enjoy RL at all, not just our games, all of them.

But I can't ever imagine myself not watching or completely walking away, I just want to stop caring so much.

franklin2323

Immortal
Never been a big believer about pushing kids through before they are ready. For every Freddy there is an Adam Ritson. There are exceptions (some may even be on the list above) and from what I have seen of Bryce for the past 2 years, he certainly appears to be the exception as well.

I think the majority of us are more disappointed that the likes of Austin, Moylan etc (next tier down - not the Juniors) haven't really been given a sustained opportunity and we persist with guys who have come from reserve grade in their previous clubs, who we know have zero improvement in them, that is what is frustrating. Not including Sika, Seg etc.

I know Ivan and Gus will say that most aren't ready and they are the one's paid the big bucks to hopefully make the correct call. Anyone who thinks they don't genuinely want the side to be successful would find fault in every Storm performance. Do you honestly believe they lay in bed at night and say gee player #1 could make a big difference to our side but we will leave him with Windsor instead.

I think they are trying. Though given Gus' twitter after the loss he clearly thinks we are going better then we really are.

franklin2323

Immortal
Lol probably right Mick and I know its poor from me as a supporter but I do seriously want to lower my emotional investment in the club, it is seriously unhealthy for me. It aso making me not enjoy RL at all, not just our games, all of them.

But I can't ever imagine myself not watching or completely walking away, I just want to stop caring so much.

I am the same. We have all 3 grades at Newcastle. The Breakfast at Wests Leagues is awesome. I can't get the motivation to go. I will still watch though wont expect much

maple_69

Bench
I'll be grabbing my pitchfork if we don't get two changes. Moylan in for Naiqama and Robinson in for Ciraldo.

They are the most pressing I think.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Agree with the above.

Not expecting mass changes but the 2 above should happen.

Then in the next few weeks we can see Newton, Tighe and Simmons phased out slowly.

Latest posts