What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Props?

redVpride

Juniors
just wondering what QUALITY props are on the market... and what you guys think of Mike Cooper so far this season?

ellskimore

Juniors
I don't know if there's a whole lot available right now, but aren't the Panthers trying to offload Sam McKendry?

Mr Red

First Grade
I think there is another thread where someone posted a very detailed list off all forwards coming off contract ...
Have a read of that, it will give you some good info

Dezziedc

Juniors
just wondering what QUALITY props are on the market... and what you guys think of Mike Cooper so far this season?
Cooper has been one of our better performing forwards this year. He has been the only guy to perform with any sort of consistency (apart from Merrin).

vanilla gorilla

Juniors
I like COOPER as a prop, good footwork and not afraid to have a go. But he needs to be supported he can't do it on his own. If we don't bite the bullet and put some size up front any team with a decent forward pack are just going to roll over the top of us. As witnessed by all and sundry yesterday. Put ALIOMAI in, put GROAT in give us the go forward we need. Could not be any worse then whats happening at the moment. Oh....and a note to the coach STOP PLAYING SECOND ROWERS IN THE FRONT ROW, IT DOES NOT WORK! Rant over....

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Why doesn't Merrin play at Prop? I am sure if he gets picked for NSW he will play Prop?

If we ever get a new coach his first move will probably be to move Merrin to Prop. Whether he likes it or not. He makes meters and can pop an offload (sometimes to often). He plays the role silmilar to the props at the Bulldogs but Saints put him at lock or backrow.

He is probably one of the best props in the comp hence why NSW selectors pick him. Dan Hunt was great under Bennett just needs a new coach to get him up to the standard he should be playing. Saints have a great roster and don't need to buy anymore. As mentioned before Groat and Alionmai still have not had a crack.

With a new coach you will see huge improvements depending on who it is with no player additions required. This squad is a built for someone like Sheens or Browny who will get the best of the mobile forward pack that we have. Sheens won a comp with a small pack and great attack. Problem is wrestling came in after that and slowed the game down. Now that it is faster he will relish in the NRL.

love my saints

Juniors
Alionmai and groat need to come into the squad... they dead set cant be any worse then who we have now... hunt needs to be dropped... merrin up front with creaghl... groat and alionmai on bench with stockwell and ahmau.... frizz on one edge... thompson on the other... and JDB at lock...
i know alot here dont rate creagh... but lets be true... he does run hard and defends good... isnt a superstar but isnt that bad either....
the forward set up has size.... and if the boys bring back the old days of competing with each other... i think they will more then hold there own.
we have world class backs... but no forwards that are getting us metres for the backs to shine... groat and alionmai deserve a chance now... green should never ever be in first grade again... thompson needs to continue with this new found aggression he is finally showing... him and frizz will carve up with some good hard running forwards laying the platform.
But... price is coach... which means hunt will stay... so will harrison... he needs to bite the bullet amd make the changes. But we all know it wont happen.

jenninga

First Grade
Forget Groat,only Ailomai is the best option from the Cutters.
Apparently AhMau is our heaviest forward and the lump of lard can't break through butter.

love my saints

Juniors
I dont know about forgetting about groat dude... i think given a chance he will pick his game up... especially next to ailomai (i have no idea the right spelling) they would compete against eachother and go up a level... at worst he will dish up what we have been dished up all year... my point is no harm in trying i guess...

dragonreddy

Juniors
I dont know about forgetting about groat dude... i think given a chance he will pick his game up... especially next to ailomai (i have no idea the right spelling) they would compete against eachother and go up a level... at worst he will dish up what we have been dished up all year... my point is no harm in trying i guess...

Have you watched Groat play? Ive seen pub footy players play with more effort.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Our halves & hooker need to foot some of the blame for the forwards bad performance as well.

Widdop & Williams/Witt gives no support, just sitting back & watching the forwards go one out & get smashed.

Rein passes at the very last second & puts them under preassure.

Of course, what happens on the field is what happens at training. Price let our halves just sit back. As thick headed as Rein is, I think he can be a very good hooker if Price would simply tell him to pass the ball immediately.

Alas, we have a coach who still hasn't created an attacking structure after 3 seasons.

ghostface

Juniors
Cooper has been very effective and is a solid option. I would look at signing Matt Lodge with one eye on the future and i would even entertain the thought of signing Luke Bailey he would teach these youngsters 10 times more than the current staff.

possm

Coach
It's obvious that Doust and Price do not think we need to recruit big props as they haven't secured any who have become availableo this year.

Turning things around is very simple;

NO MORE JOBS FOR THE BOYS
DICE PRICE
OUST DOUST

Hire a good experieced coach:
Things will begin to improve. He will make the necessary squad adjustmernts and get the best out of the players he keeps..

Hire a highly skilled CEO:
He will improve our financial situation and lift our profile to the great hights our Club once enjoyed..

jenninga

First Grade
It's obvious that Doust and Price do not think we need to recruit big props as they haven't secured any who have become availableo this year.

Turning things around is very simple;

NO MORE JOBS FOR THE BOYS
DICE PRICE
OUST DOUST

Hire a good experieced coach:
Things will begin to improve. He will make the necessary squad adjustmernts and get the best out of the players he keeps..

Hire a highly skilled CEO:
He will improve our financial situation and lift our profile to the great hights our Club once enjoyed..

This is what should happen:)
This is what won't happen:x

willzy91

Juniors
There may be plenty of props off contract for next year and yes most of them are already being snapped because of our terrible negotiation skills as a board, but should be we looking elsewhere? we brought the englishmen in Mike Cooper and most on this forum were asking serious questions at that purchase but not that he is really succeeding in the NRL is it worth taking a look into the english market again? plenty props that im sure are willing to put their hand up to take the plunge into the NRL.

tezza1961

Juniors
Bailey would be good should never have been let go. Some genius said he had bad knees and was gone when he left us.

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
We need to throw most of our money at big Sam Kasiano, I know he maybe unfit and so on but look what he did yesterday, made our whole pack look like girls. We need a big ugly buggers at prop not pretty boys like DeBallin.
If we let Thompson go I think we should push for Kasiano and tell him he will start instead of being on the bench or NSW cup, get Benji, Harrison and Nighty in his ear and he could well be keen..

8.Merrin
9.Rein
10.Kasiano
11.Creagh
12.Frizzell
13.DeBallin

14.Quinlan
15.Stockwell
16.Ah Mau
17.Cooper