What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Punching no longer Mandatory sin bin?

Frailty

First Grade
By the looks of last night, players are allowed to throw punches and stay on the field.

Or maybe just Gidley.

Spot On

Coach
It was not a punch. As BunniesMan told us all, Dave Smith has single handedly stopped players throwing punches during games of NRL. It does not and will not happen. EVER.

Stinkler

Juniors
Gidley is a wanker, but the refs seem to love him.

Pom's "elbow" looked to get Gidley on the shoulder.
Gidley throws 2 "punches" in retaliation.

Highlights the problem with the sin bin rule.
Just because Gidley is shit at throwing punches he stays on the field.

Penalty against Pom because Gidley had a sook.

Injustice!!!

Bretto

Bench
There's no full game replay yet on NRL.com, so I can't make a video of it yet. The highlights clip only shows Pomeroy raising his elbow. There was f**k all in it, really.

The elbow makes contact with Gidley's shoulder, then the forearm hits him in the neck.

They go to the ground and Gidley throws 2 punches to Pomeroy's head.

Pomeroy rag dolls Gidley to the ground in a grapple.

Case closed.

End result should have been Pomeroy on report, Gidley to the Bin for 10 minutes and a penalty to the Sharks.

_snafu_

Immortal
The proper result should have been Pom sent off for impersonating a footballer and 10 in the bin for Gidley's ineffective bitch slaps.

There's no full game replay yet on NRL.com, so I can't make a video of it yet. The highlights clip only shows Pomeroy raising his elbow. There was f**k all in it, really.

The elbow makes contact with Gidley's shoulder, then the forearm hits him in the neck.

They go to the ground and Gidley throws 2 punches to Pomeroy's head.

Pomeroy rag dolls Gidley to the ground in a grapple.

Case closed.

End result should have been Pomeroy on report, Gidley to the Bin for 10 minutes and a penalty to the Sharks.

Biggest load of shit I have ever heard. If anything pomeroy should have gone to the bin for his dog act of raising his elbow into gidleys throat. How about just taking a hit up like a man instead of playing dirty.

Bretto

Bench
Biggest load of shit I have ever heard. If anything pomeroy should have gone to the bin for his dog act of raising his elbow into gidleys throat. How about just taking a hit up like a man instead of playing dirty.

There are heaps of hit ups each weekend where the player carrying the ball will raise their lead arm when bracing for the tackle. It's not uncommon.

gUt

Coach
I thought they changed the rule before Origin 2 that if you are Brent Tate and cop an unprovoked punch you get an automatic binning...

Latest posts